Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post Giant Class SUper Item Revision thread
As many people know, there have been some nerfs of late. To offset this, hober is opening the class super items up to revision (or so i am told) SPECIFICALLY to help new players level faster.

Preferred guidlines for this thread,
1) if you are posting an item list Large, Bold and Color it please
2) if you are referring to a suggestion, please quote the one you are referring to.

These will make it easier to see. Now, berserker items.

Tech 5 Boom Charger ; Does 30% inertia Dampening and transfers the dampened inertia into energy charging the banks. Passive effect. The first major problem anyone running a zerker is going to encounter is that you are continually out of energy. I think i spend more time waiting for banks to recharge then i do leveling prior to tech 15, which is matched only by the amount of time i spend sailing across the screen after something particularly large explodes next to me. This item kills two birds with one stone, as well as incentivizing new zerkers to get as up close and personal as they possibly can. Items that incentivize good game player are good.

Tech 9 Cannibalized Rosburst Device ; Creates and launches a healing drone with a life span of 3 minutes and a Jack Healer on it. 40 second charge time, so you can get 3 of them up and maintained if you work at it. The next problem you are going to encounter as a zerker is that every weapon you are technically supposed to be using kills you unless you have a Shield Monkey following you around 24/7. Unless you have a significant other who loves you very, very much, that is unlikely to happen. SO, again, encouraging people to use the weapons they are suppose to be using is a good thing. Shield Redist Divice is lovely in theory, but HORRIBLY under-powered, returning only 10% of the damage done. I have already replaced it with 3 jungle drones, and would very much prefer if they would follow me around the screen please.

NOTE; some people i talked to compared this to having a barbarian using a wand or staff. What the do not realize is that that is one of the oldest tropes in D&D. "Hey, dis mage i met had dis really awesome club! Some times, when i hit people wit it....dey explode!"

Tech 13 Miaman's Elbows ; Does 6 Great Vortex Lazer shots on target, damage type changed to physical. Possibly with Knockback Reactive hull explosion is good in principle, and louse in practice. I have watch those bolts fly under, around and though a mass of undead space rats more times then i can count in the last month, and it is annoying beyond description. Because they are bolts, they only target the AI you target, and since they have no tracking, 90% of them fly uselessly into space. So if they could be something else, that would be grand.

Tech 17 Super Boom Charger ; Does 45% inertia Dampening and transfers the dampened inertia into energy charging the banks. Passive effect.

Tech 20 Hotwired Rosflame Device ; Creates and launches a healing drone with a life span of 5 minutes and a Constable Wand on it. 60 second charge time, so you can get 4 of them up and maintained if you work at it. Why yes, this would allow you to multi fire 3 Vanvaardager tech 21 weapons (unauged), why do you ask?

Tech 22 Hephaestus's Elbows ; Does 12 Hephestus Burning Maul shots on target with a range of 110 (splash still 300)

Last edited by lrellok on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:57 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Thick Black Long Coffee
Level: 4536

Post Re: Giant Class SUper Item Revision thread
A word in bold has an error #gramarnazi

Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:47 pm