Team: Eminence Front
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

Post Re: Bot Research
Pontius you make laugh. XD

DS you can do that. But you as content developer you are not allowed to communicate in that way with playerbase (customers).

Or give polite answer or do not answer at all.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:23 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Pixel wrote:

I think PR like this is actually really viable in 2016. Keep up the good work. :)

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:45 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

DarkSteel wrote:
Or we could just alter the skill description to say "(Not Wild Bots)" at the end... yeah, lets go with that

Dick answer for the sake of being a dick.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:36 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

When I rewrote and clarified the bot slots, I was asked to not have BR work for wild bots. I can't remember who asked for it, but the consensus at the time from other devs was wild bots were OP and the synergy with Wild Man was bad (same for Bot Ph.D.).

Personally, I don't really mind how it is. If the content devs agree on how it should, or could work then I'll make the changes.

Support

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:55 pm

The main problem was how powerful Wild Man was. The dev team has been extremely hesitant to nerf it into balance and only just now reduced the slot bonus count.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:54 pm
Main: goofy
Level: 4340

but why can i have only half my trade bot slots used if i opt to use 1 slot bots for trade ? cant upset the game so much that way ? i am very short on trade bots anyway to complete my trading propperly ? 42 slots to me says 42 slots can be used as trade bots . it isnt stated anywhere that it is restricted to half your slots as it is on combat bots ..

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Pontius123 wrote:
The main problem was how powerful Wild Man was. The dev team has been extremely hesitant to nerf it into balance and only just now reduced the slot bonus count.

And they nerfed Wild Man skill. Adding 10 Wild Bot slots now would not make huge difference.

Simply it would bring it in line with Combat and Trade bots slots.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:43 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Slave PhD and Bot Research not working for Wild Bot slots is a design choice. It becomes more difficult for us to balance future Wild Bots if there's 2 skills that are giving a far greater bonus than intended, so we've chosen to simplify the mechanic.

Your Remote Control level can be a max of 20, at which point you can have 2 Wild Bots (40 slots) under your command. You can extend this by 50% (20 slots) with Willd Man to add 1 more Tech 20 Wild Bot to your arsenal. If BR and SlavePhD would add to these slots you could get up to 18 additional slots, which, when RC21 ever becomes available, would allow a 4th Tech 20 Wild Bot. We are looking ahead to avoid future problems. Adding these 2 skills to Wild Bot slots would just complicates things for no good reason.

I've asked Ryan to make it clear in the descriptions of the Slave PhD and Bot Research skills that the extra slots don't provide additional Wild Bot slots. This keeps things simple and clean.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:01 pm

I'm not for or against any balance or addition on this suggestion. I'm against the way they worded the whole thing.

How would you like to go apply for a job. "We need engineers!" they said. When you get there, they only accept Engineers with a Masters from any college, Bachelor's from specific colleges out of the country, Black Engineers (You're White), Chinese Engineers with PLA-citizenship, and Dolphin Engineers (actual, motherfucking dolphins).

Well, you don't fit any of these criteria despite being an engineer, the only criteria they were advertising that they needed.

It's unfair.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:08 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Pontius123 wrote:
I'm not for or against any balance or addition on this suggestion. I'm against the way they worded the whole thing.

How would you like to go apply for a job. "We need engineers!" they said. When you get there, they only accept Engineers with a Masters from any college, Bachelor's from specific colleges out of the country, Black Engineers (You're White), Chinese Engineers with PLA-citizenship, and Dolphin Engineers (actual, motherfucking dolphins).

Well, you don't fit any of these criteria despite being an engineer, the only criteria they were advertising that they needed.

It's unfair.

Sooooo anyway, DS is getting the skill description changed to be clear.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:09 pm

anilv wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

It's unfair.

Sooooo anyway, DS is getting the skill description changed to be clear.

All developer explanations in this topic are super cheap.

As a developer you must know how to listen a heartbeat of the player base.

I hope i helped with creating this topic so players will know what "Bot Research" skill provides.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:27 pm
over 9000!

Glad you are happy.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:31 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Awsome, while he is at it can he change the item requirement to something that actually is in the game, like gold bars?t

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:00 pm
over 9000!

lrellok wrote:
Awsome, while he is at it can he change the item requirement to something that actually is in the game, like gold bars?t

Why would we change it from Luscious Wests?

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:32 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

anilv wrote:
lrellok wrote:

Why would we change it from Luscious Wests?

/mc luscious west

That's why.

Edit: if you want to leave the mumble pair LWs awsome, but the rumb2 should just slightly easier. Something not involving ruin extracts perhaps.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:17 pm