Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Thick Black Long Coffee
Level: 4536

Post Get rid of base slot limit on an account
Some players like to build their accounts rather than pay for lots of accounts to get proper base building going.

I have recently been hit with the base limitation on an account, and I feel this shoudnt be.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:27 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Post Re: Get rid of base slot limit on an account
reyjalrm wrote:
Some players like to build their accounts rather than pay for lots of accounts to get proper base building going.

I have recently been hit with the base limitation on an account, and I feel this shouldn't be.

I've already suggested this in a form of some "improved" or "additional" subscription payment so you can have roughly 2 accounts worth of base slots before I was a developer.

I'll ask the other developers when the next meeting happens but I have a feeling it maybe too much pay to win mentality and may upset some players or the extra payment just for base slots wont be enough for paying an additional subscription fee.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:39 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

We did raise the account slot limit to a flat 150 instead of going off of your SM levels. That ought to be pretty much enough for anyone since you would surely want a couple MFM alts.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:59 pm

only limitation should be skill level per char. if you want to add double accounts for a payment, feel free.. but that's beyond the point

Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:57 pm
over 9000!

reyjalrm wrote:
only limitation should be skill level per char. if you want to add double accounts for a payment, feel free.. but that's beyond the point

Why would you want more than three characters' worth of bases on an account?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Can use MfM base slots to make IC bases, regardless the answer it's to maximize your slots.

If you organize your slaves and base utilization well enough, you may not require MFM slots.

Can ask, why would the devs want to limit the amount of base slots?

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:56 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

reyjalrm wrote:
Can use MfM base slots to make IC bases, regardless the answer it's to maximize your slots.

Can ask, why would the devs want to limit the amount of base slots?

If you organize your slaves and base utilization well enough, you may not require MFM slots.

He's not wrong, why not just give each character a set amount of base slots, instead of the account slots bullshit? I often use MFM bases to tap random nearby nodes to a prod that I don't deem worthy of an EE base.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:00 pm
over 9000!

Because bases are one of the most computationally expensive assets for the server and we don't want to allow people to spam them all over the place.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:19 pm