Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Thick Black Long Coffee
Level: 4536

Post Get rid of admin radars on bosses
Some bosses can see the lowest vis ships possible, please stop putting adum radars on things.. (not the item, but the idea of infinite radar), this is just a nifty way of blocking content for some classes

Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:53 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Get rid of admin radars on bosses
They do it to counteract snipers, but snipers still perform fine and they just end up fucking over seers.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:09 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

It also would be nice to have ai not shoot you with full tracking lasers when killing it from behind

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:17 am
Main: The Shaft of Punishment
Level: 0

Nothing really that can be done without a Stealth/Radar Rework.

I wish Sniper would lose that silly stealth bonus and get more bulk, because they can be really stealthy bastards and require a seer to track down and kill, of which a lot of them can kill the seer that was supposed to be the hard counter in the first place. For the rest of us, the sniper is basically invisible like the bad old days when weapon graphics could be invisible if the owner wasn't seen.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:40 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: Dr Feelgood
Level: 5893

Bosses don't need infinite radar. The GSAs that spawn 5k out need infinite radar so if some sniper goes 5k+ out of gal instead of fighting the boss in the boss' arena then he will be molested and raped by tentacles

Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:13 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

pontius456 wrote:
Nothing really that can be done without a Stealth/Radar Rework.

I wish Sniper would lose that silly stealth bonus and get more bulk, because they can be really stealthy bastards and require a seer to track down and kill, of which a lot of them can kill the seer that was supposed to be the hard counter in the first place. For the rest of us, the sniper is basically invisible like the bad old days when weapon graphics could be invisible if the owner wasn't seen.

I miss the days when firing didn't give visibility, that was some OP shit.
Killed so many people with an aether scout.

I'd agree though that the Sniper class is outdated and needs to be replaced.
A Sniper is someone who should be invisible and slowly attack the enemy at critical points, but that's literally the exact same thing as our version of a Seer.

Rename the class and give it something unique in my opinion and then rename the current class of Seer to Sniper.
Hell, another support option would be nice.
Tactician Class? Bonus to parasitic weaponry and debuff superitems.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:42 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

We aren't going to add any new combat classes, but I wouldn't object to renaming some that are currently misleading.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:40 pm

anilv wrote:
We aren't going to add any new combat classes, but I wouldn't object to renaming some that are currently misleading.

Swap Sniper and Marksman around.

Marksman Class
Demented Sniper Augmenter

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:42 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

I agree. The admin radars are a pathetically cheap and stupid counter to Snipers soloing. There are much simpler ways of doing this, the GSAs are a simple example of this. Otherwise you just make it harder for Seers.

pontius456 wrote:

Hahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahaha!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh this community continues to crack me up. Seer was and still is the counter to Sniper. They roast high vis snipers to shreds and they instantly kill Stealth snipers in one or two shots. The same goes for Speed Demons, who pretty much burst DPS any stealth sniper down. If the Sniper wins against a Seer then what's wrong with that? It got lucky. Big deal. Most of the time the Seer will come out on top. If your seer can't spot stealth snipers then you're doing something wrong because they're not exactly getting stealthier.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Even if I were to halve my stealth (double the vis and reflection ratings), I would still be a damn stealthy sniper. The math works out with a sun-neutral location and current stealth bonus to detect a 2CaL1Tarkins Pwave using a Quicksilver Cloak and top tech Darkened Cap, you need to come within 250 range of it. To see physically said sniper, you need to get within 200 range. The math was done with 10,000 detection and 8.00 vision, which is roughly double the stats of your typical T22 radar, so whatever setup everyone else is using has a minimum of 100% radar bonus in it, unlikely without mods.

Which are bullshit. Back to sniper...

Seer can see you from miles away by default. SD gets a parting shot, though SD runs the risk of being nuked by the Sniper as they're a lot less stealthy than Seer. A sniper with spotty beam radar slaves can only really be countered by:

->Engineers with deployed drones if you lack a Sapper weapon/Range setup.

->Seers with their ultimate stealth powers and one shotting ability (Yeah that Pwave can be one shotted by an unmodded Panther). This is hit and miss because stealth/radar is so fucking binary that if the seer can just slip by, the sniper dies, but if the slaves can just manage to see the seer, that seer dies instead.

->Other Snipers/Missiles that are being assisted by Radar auras/Spotty Beams/Seers.

No other combinations have the range, hitting power, and bulk/stealth to avoid being destroyed by the sniper. SD has the hitting power...but so does Sniper, and this Sniper has a lot more bulk, plus natural range.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:59 am

I want Sniper to be a JagdTiger that provides accurate long range solid damage hits, while being this big meaty Tank Destroyer...

And not a StuG, which is this small stealthy machine with no health, no armor, and and camps the back of the map with its super stealth and long range.

In comparison, berserker is an E-100.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:03 am