Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Thick Black Long Coffee
Level: 4536

Post Warp Particle Processer
A device that analyses the amount of radiation coming from suns in gal on the other side of the warp

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:35 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Warp Particle Processer
Ok, what's the intended purpose?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:49 pm
Main: The Shaft of Punishment
Level: 0

anilv wrote:
Ok, what's the intended purpose?

Seer, and to some degree Sniper, Gunner, and SD, rely on Stealth.

It's not very fun to find a big fat red giant on the other side of a gate. It's even less fun to find the gate is just close enough, or the direction you came into the galaxy from...lands you on the red giant so you can't PWI away. Even better when you're at the level where you DONT actually can get/use a warp device, or the warp device is too short range.

Have fun in your pod/being towed to Sol.

This is like 25% chance.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:43 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Why not use adv blockers, obas, and warp devices?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:45 pm

anilv wrote:
Why not use adv blockers, obas, and warp devices?

That's a nice suggestion to all the Steam players who can't use them, at least for about a month before they reach E18-20 and fork over 20-25b for a PWI.

Adv. Blockers are T18. That's okay, what about Blockers? About 80 on sale. And this is one of the candidates for Neurotweak superitems. So are OBAs. Yeah...

Had a look over the Warp Devices. The first normal, non-Seer, non-holiday Warp Device...is the PWI. Have fun with that one Tojo.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:09 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

pontius456 wrote:
Had a look over the Warp Devices. The first normal, non-Seer, non-holiday Warp Device...is the PWI. Have fun with that one Tojo.

I think it'd be important to note that while there are several holiday warp devices, almost all of them are commonly dropped during the holidays, thus leading to many being gathered by players and flooding the market with enough of them to go around. Plus, if they join a team and a teammate can offer em a holiday one.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:25 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Oh please, let's not overlook the real issue here. Suns should give a big percentage bonus to visibility, not a flat one. That would make your natural stealth actually matter, not just augs.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:18 am

SunDog60 wrote:
pontius456 wrote:

I think it'd be important to note that while there are several holiday warp devices, almost all of them are commonly dropped during the holidays, thus leading to many being gathered by players and flooding the market with enough of them to go around. Plus, if they join a team and a teammate can offer em a holiday one.

->Holiday items being non-cosmetic.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:13 pm
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

SunDog60 wrote:
pontius456 wrote:

That's really NOT a good way for a new player to come across a warp device. Most of those holiday devices that aren't T20 (Witch's Broomstick & Warpping Paper) are only available during the last 3 months of the year. While Gallows Robber can be gained it's locked to those with piracy lvl 10 with a 10 minute cool down. Bimbus 3000 you need witch's broomsticks to get as well.

That's like leaving out an essential item (Not specifically warp devices) in a build that can only be gained through a ruin that has a chance of appear this uni or maybe three unis later. But "because enough items of it were extracted, we're not going to bother making it more accessible".

Something wrong with that logic there....

But back to the main topic... would be nice for vis to not have flat value indeed if that's true.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:40 pm
Profile WWW

That's the logic I came up with.

*All* of my teammates came up with the logic that anything short of a Hop Drive or PWI is crap and not worth using. They'll still use them, mostly because it's the only things they can use. Short range, short jump distance, still limited by typical warp device restrictions such as stopping in front of a planet. All of the "Low tech" warp devices also have a failure rate. Too many times I thought I would just get away from a pack of AI only to warp *into* them, and then instantly die because of how much DPS ramps up at this level.

If size is the issue, make them bigger and better.

But this is just devspeak for "I'm too lazy to standardize and balance this item, so I'll list as low priority because technically we have low tech versions and the first warp device I used was the PWI, an endgame warp device".

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:53 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

pontius456 wrote:
But this is just devspeak for "I'm too lazy to standardize and balance this item, so I'll list as low priority because technically we have low tech versions and the first warp device I used was the PWI, an endgame warp device".

That's actually why I joined the dev team, I'll add warp devices as a thing to look at and see if we can get some consistency and meaningful ramp up time.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:15 pm