Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Stuns
Superweapon that disables engine and weapons. Could be implemented with -turn, -thrust and -rof in large numbers. Could fit seer class. Would also be interesting when put on AI for some boss fights.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:57 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: Dr Feelgood
Level: 5893

Post Re: Stuns
A slow boss with vervs with huge dps, normally the tank/player can outrun it but what if the boss can shoot an AoE stun that disables every player's engines and usable items(tweaks/warpers) within some area unless the targeted player does some task (or other players have to cast some buff on him)

RIP multiclienting

A boss that spawns mobile drones in random places within an area and the players have to stay close to the drones or else every player(everything not friendly to the boss) takes damage

RIP multiclienting

A boss that teleports random players into some part of the map where they have to go through a maze made of invicible drones with 500m dps 50 verv range in order to return to their squad, and their time is limited by -shield regen and a parasite that deals x damage
Edit: this would obviously have to disable warpers

RIP multiclienting

A boss that has a special attack which can be blocked by a few players doing some task which isn't "right click/alt+space" or else everyone takes high damage (and in pps case everyone but tank dies)

RIP multiclienting

So why am I giving these ideas to devs who should have known them before aveksaka and pps was made? It's obvious that the content devs have no experience or knowledge in making game content. I heard some devs say "gl next content you wont be able to mc this and this", but doesn't matter

How about parasites that stack on whatever the boss decides to infect and with each stack the player's vulnerability is increased by 20% and the parasite deals some damage, and engineer gets some superitem/tractor beam that removes these parasites. If one was to mc10 something like this then they'd have to constantly check on their alts' inventory, but if it was a player not an alt then they'd say in voice chat/galaxy chat and get cleansed. RIP multiclienting

The main reason why multiclienting (pay to win so one can solo everything) is possible is because ss is so slow paced. It's a RTS, not MMORPG, but the devs don't care

Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:08 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

No I care, but I'm super busy with a lot of other more important things. When I get the time I will go about making the content I add less simple to MC.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:24 pm
Team: Fireflies
Main: Dr Feelgood
Level: 5893

MasterTrader wrote:
No I care, but I'm super busy with a lot of other more important things. When I get the time I will go about making the content I add less simple to MC.

Nice, you promised me I wouldn't be able to mc twisted but I afk in nikola and fate.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:18 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

The White Wizard2 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Nice, you promised me I wouldn't be able to mc twisted but I afk in nikola and fate.

No, I didn't. I wasn't responsible for Twisted Zone, and I never claimed I would design Twisted Zone in such a way that you couldn't MC it. When I design a boss, I promise you're not going to be able to MC it easily.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:57 pm
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

The White Wizard2 wrote:
A slow boss with vervs with huge dps, normally the tank/player can outrun it but what if the boss can shoot an AoE stun that disables every player's engines and usable items(tweaks/warpers) within some area unless the targeted player does some task (or other players have to cast some buff on him)

RIP multiclienting

A boss that spawns mobile drones in random places within an area and the players have to stay close to the drones or else every player(everything not friendly to the boss) takes damage

RIP multiclienting

A boss that teleports random players into some part of the map where they have to go through a maze made of invicible drones with 500m dps 50 verv range in order to return to their squad, and their time is limited by -shield regen and a parasite that deals x damage

RIP multiclienting

A boss that has a special attack which can be blocked by a few players doing some task which isn't "right click/alt+space" or else everyone takes high damage (and in pps case everyone but tank dies)

RIP multiclienting

So why am I giving these ideas to devs who should have known them before aveksaka and pps was made? It's obvious that the content devs have no experience or knowledge in making game content. I heard some devs say "gl next content you wont be able to mc this and this", but doesn't matter

How about parasites that stack on whatever the boss decides to infect and with each stack the player's vulnerability is increased by 20% and the parasite deals some damage, and engineer gets some superitem/tractor beam that removes these parasites. If one was to mc10 something like this then they'd have to constantly check on their alts' inventory, but if it was a player not an alt then they'd say in voice chat/galaxy chat and get cleansed. RIP multiclienting

The main reason why multiclienting (pay to win so one can solo everything) is possible is because ss is so slow paced. It's a RTS, not MMORPG, but the devs don't care

What? Star Sonata is not tailored for MCing, it just happened to be a by product of the game's design and you just took advantage of it. Sucks for MCers but whether something affects MCing or not shouldn't matter. Sure a lot of money comes from MCing but fuck it if it hurts MCers this stuff is supposed to take a team of players not just 1 guy with 3 monitors. Besides, there's plenty of things that an MCers can still do.

I want more fun and interesting content that gets things going. SS may be slow paced but it still has areas where things liven up. And if we want new players to become really interested we'll want content like this to make it interesting when fighting a boss or a harder AI instead of the generic: "If player enters room -> Attack".

Care more about game's content rather than care bear of MCers. They may be here to stay but if you put more focus on them then you'll surely end up with a boring slow paced game.

And this stun idea sounds like a really cool thing to put in.

/signed & /signed to all your boss ideas too. :)

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Main: The Shaft of Punishment
Level: 0

There are two visible AI matrixes that the player can see and interpret (go away Hober and technicalities on a dev can see).

The first is to charge the enemy (such as a player) and constantly attack it. Some AI are affected by the old Sniper Analysis skill and when they get too close, they stop and sit under the enemy in order to charge up SA. SawtoothZs do this.

The second is to run away to allies before the whole group sweeps in and attacks, which returns to the first matrix above.

What players as a whole are looking for in online games is an AI that can realistically adapt its behavior from a series of choices without feeling chunky. They want AI that follow more or less the same rules as they (the player) is forced to abide by, so the AI doesn't need bullshit mechanics like 10x more damage or AT50 (compared to the player) to give an attempt of a challenge.

This is why in SS, the cheese tactics are king until you can afford to ubertwink your setup at the endgame where Curse and Enkelin are located at. Cheese tactics allow you to maximize survivability while maintaining solid damage output, usually independent to your ship so they don't interfere with your tank.

You don't see, or have ever seen, a Berserker augged 2 Demented Defensive 1 Demented Rage...ever. But that's what you need to do if you want to be a reasonable Berserker at lower levels. Snipers are forced to use super range setups; Gunners and missiles; SD's with a range kiting setup; Seers are screwed regardless; Until Engineers get drone augs, a big meaty shield, and Aug Tweaking, they're also effectively screwed.

On and on and on.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:12 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Tron20 wrote:
The White Wizard2 wrote:

RIP multiclienting

RIP multiclienting

RIP multiclienting

RIP multiclienting

What? Star Sonata is not tailored for MCing, it just happened to be a by product of the game's design and you just took advantage of it. Sucks for MCers but whether something affects MCing or not shouldn't matter. Sure a lot of money comes from MCing but fuck it if it hurts MCers this stuff is supposed to take a team of players not just 1 guy with 3 monitors. Besides, there's plenty of things that an MCers can still do.

I want more fun and interesting content that gets things going. SS may be slow paced but it still has areas where things liven up. And if we want new players to become really interested we'll want content like this to make it interesting when fighting a boss or a harder AI instead of the generic: "If player enters room -> Attack".

Care more about game's content rather than care bear of MCers. They may be here to stay but if you put more focus on them then you'll surely end up with a boring slow paced game.

And this stun idea sounds like a really cool thing to put in.

/signed & /signed to all your boss ideas too. :)

... Pretty much. /signed

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:09 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

RIP smoke multiclienting

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:34 am