What do you current players think
Poll ended at Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:08 am
Yes to new server 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
No to new server 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 18

over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: New server on steam release possible?
chris987123 wrote:
there is no talk by devs on anything changing so right now

When you say "anything changing," you specifically mean launching a new server? There have been many positive changes to the game in the past year or two.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:00 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

chris987123 wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
well tell us how your helping, how many subs do you have?

Why would i sub if there is no proof that anythings going to change? I'm not going to play the game as it is, and there is no talk by devs on anything changing so right now it would be stupid to sub unless there was an official announcement.

it sounds like your the sort of customer who would never be happy to get a sub, a lazy player basically. One who couldnt make it the first time round and who would have no chance the second time round either.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:20 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

sabre198 wrote:
chris987123 wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
well tell us how your helping, how many subs do you have?

Why would i sub if there is no proof that anythings going to change? I'm not going to play the game as it is, and there is no talk by devs on anything changing so right now it would be stupid to sub unless there was an official announcement.

it sounds like your the sort of customer who would never be happy to get a sub, a lazy player basically. One who couldnt make it the first time round and who would have no chance the second time round either.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: --XrAzEr--
Level: 3812

I'm pretty sure I did make it the first and 2nd and lazy? pretty sure I was 2nd highest ShM for quite a long while and like 4th highest player in total? funny thing is i haven't played in like 1-2 years and I'm pretty sure my main -X- is still higher level then you hahaha and paying for subs? when i did play i had 5-8 accounts subbed every month. I realise this is pretty much futile from the responses from the old players that are waiting to sell there assets on steam release, I wish SS the best for steam release and hope it goes well.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:33 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Didnt realise it was you I take that back about being lazy then. You sounded like some one-sub wonder when I know you could easily catch up.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Well, what's common for the two player stereotypes, is them being hard to please.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:33 pm

I could catch up I'm not thinking about myself though I'm thinking of the new players we're going to get for steam and what would probably be best for the community as it is so many people have over 1t now, I remember when i quit i had something like 800b, Which is going to suck for new players unless old players hand it out like candy. There is not much early-mid game items end game players want except augs if i can remember correctly. My biggest concern is the requirements of being able to do oly/t22, Unless a player gets on a good team that's been playing for awhile they pretty much have to buy their first HM/Prawn to do t21. Unless the current player base nanny's the new players i just don't think many people will stick around especially with griefers and all.

Don't you think a new start with all the fixes and optimisation SS has had would be good? I can remember the amount of people who exploited and did not get banned and still have the stuff they exploited, and i can't even remember how many exploits there have been there are so many, also people who have been doing colos for 10 years RIP.....

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:49 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

I don't understand why the T21 Skill Ubers are classified as *endgame* content, as in they provide top tier items/blueprints. Skill bosses should be among the weakest of any boss, almost to the point where a person on the tier below can solo them.

T20 and T22 were made on the same basis. If it wasn't for cheese tactics like high range snipers, missiles, super simplistic aggro management, and Ace in the Pills tweaks, then you'd have to bring 5-10 man squads to do Bana. In fact, Bana was designed for a 20 man squad when it first went live. Had 7 Zerk Astros, 7 App Wards, and 7 people of other descript to do it. Certain T20 skills (cough Engine, Cloaking, and Radar) don't even have an uber to kill for it.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:00 am

Pontius123 wrote:
I don't understand why the T21 Skill Ubers are classified as *endgame* content, as in they provide top tier items/blueprints. Skill bosses should be among the weakest of any boss, almost to the point where a person on the tier below can solo them.

T20 and T22 were made on the same basis. If it wasn't for cheese tactics like high range snipers, missiles, super simplistic aggro management, and Ace in the Pills tweaks, then you'd have to bring 5-10 man squads to do Bana. In fact, Bana was designed for a 20 man squad when it first went live. Had 7 Zerk Astros, 7 App Wards, and 7 people of other descript to do it. Certain T20 skills (cough Engine, Cloaking, and Radar) don't even have an uber to kill for it.

There just isn't enough of a player base to do what the devs wanted the game to be, that's why they allow multi-clienting so you can do it yourself with your own 10 accounts instead of having to group up

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:00 am

You know what i would love to see, a sort of hardcore mode server that puts Gear glue back into the game and people compete for emperor galaxy and they get rewarded on the main server and at the end of every hardcore uni they reset everyone to level 0 just like diablo/poe ect that have seasons. Would be like good old fun in c1 where PvP was good and you could profit off PvP and people couldn't care bear all their wealth.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:16 am