What do you current players think
Poll ended at Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:08 am
Yes to new server 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
No to new server 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 18

Team: Commonwealth
Main: --XrAzEr--
Level: 3812

Post New server on steam release possible?
I honestly think this game needs a new server if it's going to open up to a whole new playerbase, with the server we're currently on that has players that have been playing for 11 years exploited bugs without consequence made trillions through base building every uni have a massive headstart, which i might also add games that have been out for 5+ years go to steam and don't get any new players because they read reviews and see how old the game is and then they decide not to try it at all because of of the catch up gap.

If you unleash a swarm of new players into this game while there are people who are years ahead, griefers that are years ahead they will most likely quit due to being unable to do anything to stop/catch up. Just like that time when SS opened up and advertised and we got a huge player base increase for about a week and then it died down and a few stragglers stayed, The rest quit after a few days/hours because they played and realised how far behind they were and how much of a huge commitment this game is to catch up.

If you do get a new server for the release on steam i suggest locking t21/t22 and slowly transist into the new techs, this prevents players with 5+ years experience getting massively ahead.

The way i see it is, the games in a very dire state, You really have 2 choices and both a pretty risky, appeal to the new players and take a chance on them being your new player base, or appeal to the old players and have a small increase in playerbase but keep the current end game players happy

SS can be rather intimidating to a new player, imagine you starting a game, going to the main city and seeing half the player base is level 5000~ and you're a level 10, you're going to be thinking "fuck trying to catch up to that"

Pros
#1 Every basically starts equal(With the exception of knowledge)
#2 There will be a lot of fun active PvP/BvB like in C1 when we had a playerbase
#3 makes new people think game is constantly upgrading with the locking of t21-t22 therefor it would hold peoples attention much longer
#4 A lot of old/Pro players would come back due to the new playerbase and population of the server
#5 The most important of all, It will give the game a more new and fresh feeling which a lot of players look for
#6 also lets the devs pre balance t21/t22 the way they would of wanted it now that the player base has had their suggestion on things
#7 with a lot more attractiveness for new players, the game will have a much bigger playerbase thus making the game more competitive then it currently is where it's basically 1 guy with 10 accounts MCing vs another guy with 10 accounts MCing and you're servers made up of 30 people with 10 accounts each

Cons
#1 Increased server cost
#2 Might upset the other server due to most players quiting to start anew for new competition
#3 Could possibly fail and bring no new players(Highly doubt)
#4 Require preparation time i suppose

Comments or more pros and cons for the admins to look at please add, I would love to play SS with a proper playerbase like it used to be

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:06 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Post Re: New server on steam release possible?
Id quit my life to play star sonata if that happened, a dream would come true
I would also like to be more radical and suggest the removal of MCing on the new server, a system where you can still have multiple accounts, but can only play one at a time

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:29 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: Selenium
Level: 5115

Only if you ban (or somehow remove) all players who already have experience with ss, else it will be totally unfair for the new players

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:53 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

I am in favor of a complete reset, but we've brought it up numerous times in numerous forms (including a new server), and the dev team has repeatedly confirmed it won't happen. So, /thread.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:21 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I'd love it, I doubt it would happen though. The issue isn't players with experience, tbh. The issue is accumulated resources and people benefiting from OP stuff which causes a cascading effect. I'm pretty sure that quite a few new players will be turned off by the amount of power and wealth individual players in this game have accumulated... even more so once they start talking to other longtime players.

A great example of what I'm talking about is people trying to kill Captain Kidd and get Prawns. I'd argue it was hella easier back then because of the fact that Prawn Pieces were dropping like crazy before anyone got the blueprint, and then the boss wasn't that hard to kill with the old Sniper Analysis... in a wiped Star Sonata, I think he would actually be a challenge for all the people used to just steamrolling him.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:06 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
I'd love it, I doubt it would happen though. The issue isn't players with experience, tbh. The issue is accumulated resources and people benefiting from OP stuff which causes a cascading effect. I'm pretty sure that quite a few new players will be turned off by the amount of power and wealth individual players in this game have accumulated... even more so once they start talking to other longtime players.

A great example of what I'm talking about is people trying to kill Captain Kidd and get Prawns. I'd argue it was hella easier back then because of the fact that Prawn Pieces were dropping like crazy before anyone got the blueprint, and then the boss wasn't that hard to kill with the old Sniper Analysis... in a wiped Star Sonata, I think he would actually be a challenge for all the people used to just steamrolling him.

Then why not balance the content properly instead of balancing everything just for the endgame? There should be a linear progress where a bunch of end t20s (uz gear) can do olympus to get t21 skills and get oly ships (pos waves, heph machines, which should be nerfed) to then get ships like delquads and wattage (which then are better than oly ships which is entry t21) and then they should be able kidd to get end t21 ship which is prawn. But looking at the game now, it's completely fucked up isn't it? PPS was done well for this, aveksaka is entry t22 where players get t22 skills and basic t22 ships (tier 0), then they can go dg for ships like resistance (tier 1) then they can do PPS which is kalthi ships (tier 2) and then they can do bosses like bana king and bnf which is tier2, then they can do twisted which is tier3, and then they can do cyber bart which is tier 6.

The balancing in this game is simply amazing, it's so unique the true gamers which steam will bring (a fraction of all of the 50 players who join) will be surprised when they see star sonata's unique balancing. I have said this example in all chat yesterday and I'll repeat it today:
Rajanicar'ayu costs approx 60b to make including all bps, materials and credits. It's a good seer/sd ship. Silent night is an upgrade to death obliterator, both ships require top endgame characters to be obtained. Death obliterator is entry twisted, it's around 100b token cost. The upgrade blueprint which is tier1 twisted costs 250b, it requires 120b plain credits and a commodity which estimated price is 500b, the materials cost approx 100b.
Silent night costs approximately 15 times more than rajanicarayu which is entry t22 and silent night 25% worse than rajanicarayu. The upgrades for silent night cost two times that in total, so they should be the very top endgame ships and I hope they don't have completely "fuckoff" stats which are like 5% better than rajanicarayu.

So, if the player wants a ship better than rajanicarayu then his only option is to be ready to spend ~3tril into getting the upgraded versions of silent night - there's no stopping at silent night because it's worse than raja and the only ship (slightly) better than raja is KWS which costs approx 100b total.

I'm clearly a retard because after these 3 years I'm still pointing out your mistakes and you never learn. Do me a favor and ban me from the forums, on all my accounts

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:38 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

The White Wizard6 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Then why not balance the content properly instead of balancing everything just for the endgame? There should be a linear progress where a bunch of end t20s (uz gear) can do olympus to get t21 skills and get oly ships (pos waves, heph machines, which should be nerfed) to then get ships like delquads and wattage (which then are better than oly ships which is entry t21) and then they should be able kidd to get end t21 ship which is prawn. But looking at the game now, it's completely fucked up isn't it? PPS was done well for this, aveksaka is entry t22 where players get t22 skills and basic t22 ships (tier 0), then they can go dg for ships like resistance (tier 1) then they can do PPS which is kalthi ships (tier 2) and then they can do bosses like bana king and bnf which is tier2, then they can do twisted which is tier3, and then they can do cyber bart which is tier 6.

The balancing in this game is simply amazing, it's so unique the true gamers which steam will bring (a fraction of all of the 50 players who join) will be surprised when they see star sonata's unique balancing. I have said this example in all chat yesterday and I'll repeat it today:
Rajanicar'ayu costs approx 60b to make including all bps, materials and credits. It's a good seer/sd ship. Silent night is an upgrade to death obliterator, both ships require top endgame characters to be obtained. Death obliterator is entry twisted, it's around 100b token cost. The upgrade blueprint which is tier1 twisted costs 250b, it requires 120b plain credits and a commodity which estimated price is 500b, the materials cost approx 100b.
Silent night costs approximately 15 times more than rajanicarayu which is entry t22 and silent night 25% worse than rajanicarayu. The upgrades for silent night cost two times that in total, so they should be the very top endgame ships and I hope they don't have completely "fuckoff" stats which are like 5% better than rajanicarayu.

So, if the player wants a ship better than rajanicarayu then his only option is to be ready to spend ~3tril into getting the upgraded versions of silent night - there's no stopping at silent night because it's worse than raja and the only ship (slightly) better than raja is KWS which costs approx 100b total.

I'm clearly a retard because after these 3 years I'm still pointing out your mistakes and you never learn. Do me a favor and ban me from the forums, on all my accounts

It is possible to go from Tech 20 to Tech 21 to Tech 22 without any help from any other end game players, just really really expensive. Yes, the higher end T22 ships from Twisted Zone are really expensive. You're not being ignored, it takes time to sort things out though.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:03 pm

[quote="MasterTrader"][/quote]

I have been ignored 98% of the times I gave feedback within these 3 years. It's 'really expensive' because t21 players have to buy prawns to be able to obtain their own prawns. They can't progress without buying higher tier items off the higher players.

And these 'highest end tier t22 twisted ships' have to be better than rajanicara, if they're not then I'm going to make a forum post and forget about it

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:20 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

They will be. But not because we're beefing twisted ships.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:04 am

You guys keep getting it wrong, By new server i mean an entirely separate one, I would gladly help fund a new server which could bring back SS entirely and would be EXTREMELY helpful for the coming steam release, What the devs don't realise is there is half of the old player base wanting to come back. not to mention all the new players who are going to give the game a try, We want their first impressions to be good.

Is it possible to get another server up and running before steam release with proper funding?

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:19 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Funding isn't a problem, the server is ran very cheaply, the only real problem is the lack of player base

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:25 am

Sypom3 wrote:
Funding isn't a problem, the server is ran very cheaply, the only real problem is the lack of player base

If it isn't a problem i don't see why it can't be done and ready before steam release to get a "Player base" there will be a few thousand people at least checking the game out, which if we can persuade them with all the cool things the game has to offer and not scare them off with the "Servers been up for 12 years" reviews I seen a MMO release about a month ago that had like 10k active players within first day with 0 hype and no one had ever heard of the game before the release of steam, SS can at least hope to pull in a few hundred because a lot of people like games like this they just can't find them or they're too old and too much effort to start.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:41 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

well tell us how your helping, how many subs do you have?

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:34 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
well tell us how your helping, how many subs do you have?

Why would i sub if there is no proof that anythings going to change? I'm not going to play the game as it is, and there is no talk by devs on anything changing so right now it would be stupid to sub unless there was an official announcement.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:49 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

It's safe to assume there is no possiblity to create a second server before Steam release.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:00 am