Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Wild Slave Dry Dock
WoW has this to allow the player to quickly swap between setups for Hunters, it allows them to change pets at a stable master due to their limited slots without releasing their current pets.

Since we have a similar system where FC wild slaves cannot be docked (and thus stored), we're limited by how many we can carry with us at any given time. Could we get a system where we can house wild slaves for later use so that if we want to change slaves for 30 minutes we don't have to spend an hour hunting down new ones?

Just put a base in Sol named "Dry Docks" and let people store wild slaves there. Then give people like 20 dry dock slots so that they can keep a few different sets of wild slaves to quickly swap out.

Wild slaves would still die permanently if killed, but it would at least allow us to preserve them if say, I have Vazi wilds and I want to use Bana spears for a minutes so that I can kill Bana Queen. I could just go to the Dry Docks in Sol, store my Vazis, get spears out of dry dock and do what I need to do without having to worry about when the next invasion is going to allow me to reattain a certain slave.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:09 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Wild Slave Dry Dock
In WoW, if your pet "dies", you don't lose it forever. You can revive it.

When Fleet Commander was added in the first class rebalance, Radiation Expert slaves were intended to be disposable, with the owner rapidly regaining new slaves on the go while dungeon delving.

Obviously, because AI keep their augs when captured, certain AI being harder to get/better, and how a FC can't capture new wild slaves BY HIMSELF when the slots were unified, all wild slave users get a little attached to their wild slaves.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:52 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Wild Slave Dry Dock
Pontius123 wrote:
When Fleet Commander was added in the first class rebalance, Radiation Expert slaves were intended to be disposable, with the owner rapidly regaining new slaves on the go while dungeon delving.

This wouldn't change that. It would simply mean you could hot swap between a few sets. The sets could still be killed off.

Also, and I feel like this is important. The devs made Combat Slaves shitty and Wild Slaves awesome so that idea of constantly replenishing slaves will never happen, because wild slaves are not your primary DPS, wild slaves are.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:09 am