Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post /togglecapture
give us this option so that we can choose whether radiation damage leaves a husk to capture or just blows something up. It's annoying that we have to carry an extra weapon around on our main ships to kill the husks or we don't get augs.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:06 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: /togglecapture
How about it blows the thing up if you don't currently have slots to capture it?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:08 pm

anilv wrote:
How about it blows the thing up if you don't currently have slots to capture it?

How would that work with current slots? As I recall we no longer use a perfect 100% of our slots and if we only use t20 slaves we actually have a few slots left over? How about all uncapturable hull types auto explode and anything that exceeds current slots will explode. Is that possible?

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:16 pm
over 9000!

Making all uncapturable explode should be easy. Beyond that, it could be cool if anything that would exceed your slots would also explode. That might be harder to code, IDK.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:18 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Would it be better if after being radiated they stay invincible for like 5-10 seconds, but after that is gone they explode?

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:37 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

anilv wrote:
Making all uncapturable explode should be easy. Beyond that, it could be cool if anything that would exceed your slots would also explode. That might be harder to code, IDK.

I can see pros and cons to this idea. I like that it would seem to make cherry picking wild bots for optimal aug setups harder. I don't really like the idea of having something that I might want to cap explode because my wild bot slots are full of bots defending against something else at the time though.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:38 pm
over 9000!

Danger wrote:
Would it be better if after being radiated they stay invincible for like 5-10 seconds, but after that is gone they explode?

This seems like a good compromise.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:53 pm

anilv wrote:
Danger wrote:

This seems like a good compromise.

I agree, I think 5 seconds would be sufficient. Although it will need to be expressed to newer players that there is a timed capture window.

Maybe lower tech hulls get more time? So 100/tech level = seconds before detonation.

That way a high level player capturing a t20 wild slave has 5 seconds to take it. However, a less experienced player capping a t3 slave will have 33 seconds or so to get it.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:47 am
over 9000!

We could probably convince Markoz to make a really nice timer holoprojector that is inserted into captured AI.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:30 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Would be best is Radiation damage made stuff blow up, allowing the devs to buff Radiation weapons up to around where Surgical weapons are, and add a special kind of superitem for people to use to capture ships.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:44 am

Pontius123 wrote:
Would be best is Radiation damage made stuff blow up, allowing the devs to buff Radiation weapons up to around where Surgical weapons are, and add a special kind of superitem for people to use to capture ships.

This is actually an interesting point. An alternative is to have a super item that detonates all irradiated AI.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:39 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

I was going to go with a superitem/effect overloader that either:

1. Converts the FC's energy into damage to damage and eventually capture said AI.

or

2. Simply turns on the capture effect Radiation weapons currently have. You'd note that all other six weapon types cannot capture AI ships, so it could potentially be toggled on and off.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:30 pm