Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post T20 Blueprint Whitelist For EF Space
Get ready because I'm about to suggest some real Carebear shit.

Whitelist all t20 base augmenter blueprints, as well as t20 kit blueprints up to Laconia or Demented. People keep complaining that they can't move into wild because they will get wiped before they can produce the things they need to thrive there. So, get rid of that excuse. Let them build augmenters and decent kits (though not Ada, and honestly Dem is probably too far as well) in EF space. However, require them to move into Wildspace to finish off with actual endgame kits and ships and player gear builds that are t20+.

I know some people will be strong advocates of letting them build all the way to Dem/Ada kits in EF space, but I think they shouldn't be able to simply because Mzungu and Bana kits exist. Both of those can be employed fantastically as DPS or HPS kits, so I see no reason to extend building to fully endgame kits in EF. If you have the resources to build Ada kits you should have to build competitively to have them, and there are ample options in the game to adequately protect a galaxy while you advance into those assets.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:44 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: T20 Blueprint Whitelist For EF Space
I don't think better kits allow people to move up into WS. People do. How much firepower do you need to shrug off a person like 13, who has 3-4 accounts + 3 other people (Don, Pete, and Shantone)?

15 STM T16 kits back by about 15 more that can be EXE or STM as the situation warrants. How many bases is that? That's a little under 2 accounts worth of bases.

This kind of firepower will also give a team like RF or S&P a run for their money if they decide they want your galaxy. It's enough to thrive in mid-belt WS where all the mid-level teams like SRX and Zephyr reside.

If you're defending a single galaxy, that'd be enough to deter said teams from muscling in on your land. If you need more land, then just put that firepower on exterior galaxies and have just one account (EXE bases for all we care) defending interior galaxies.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:19 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

i support simply because I'm interested to see what excuse they will have next

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:39 am
Profile WWW
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

That is a very good suggestion.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:39 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Pontius123 wrote:
I don't think better kits allow people to move up into WS. People do. How much firepower do you need to shrug off a person like 13, who has 3-4 accounts + 3 other people (Don, Pete, and Shantone)?

15 STM T16 kits back by about 15 more that can be EXE or STM as the situation warrants. How many bases is that? That's a little under 2 accounts worth of bases.

This kind of firepower will also give a team like RF or S&P a run for their money if they decide they want your galaxy. It's enough to thrive in mid-belt WS where all the mid-level teams like SRX and Zephyr reside.

If you're defending a single galaxy, that'd be enough to deter said teams from muscling in on your land. If you need more land, then just put that firepower on exterior galaxies and have just one account (EXE bases for all we care) defending interior galaxies.

I actually considered all of this, the only problem is that's a problem that's nearly impossible to fix without arbitrary and overbearing ingame constraints. Honestly, any galaxy can be taken. With the recent base gear changes, the server can hypothetically take 5x the strain from BvB now. So, really if I want to spite someone I can BvB them with 25 Ada Kits, and there isn't a damn thing any team can do about an assault of that scale.

That is why I mostly ignored that. 13 attacks poorly built galaxies. If he comes across a low-level team expanding into wild space with a galaxy of 8-10 well geared and augged Lac/Bana/Mzungu kits, and there is no personal vendetta, he's probably not gonna go drop 5 Ada kits on them for shits and giggles. He might hit them with a low-level assault of JYs and maybe a bana or two. That's the whole idea of the suggestion, let people build the augs and kits they need to transition into wild space. You're never gonna stop overkill assaults, but you can reasonably expect that no one is going to drop 10 ada kits on a noob team just to get at their sweet sweet metals.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:04 pm

If you want to spite someone with 25 ada kits, you're going to be sitting there for a whole month before you can build enough Station Amps to use 25 ada kits. You also need to defend against counter-BVB, so that'd potentially another 25 ada kits to defend against the defenders, who'll have the Station Amps on hand in the beginning. Not even Traders would accept that level of waste for a noob team.

You also have T16 kits, which are not weak ass little things as they were in the past. Ada T18 kits are close to 95% the power of an ada T20 kit, and an Ada T16 is close to 92%. I forget the math Enkelin put up but it's not that far off. And yes, you can build Ada T16s in EF Layer.

I wouldn't be against letting this T20 whitelist be for EF w2, but EF w1/w0 is a bit much. Because w2 gets to play with all the nasty Termites.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:38 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Pontius123 wrote:
If you want to spite someone with 25 ada kits, you're going to be sitting there for a whole month before you can build enough Station Amps to use 25 ada kits. You also need to defend against counter-BVB, so that'd potentially another 25 ada kits to defend against the defenders, who'll have the Station Amps on hand in the beginning. Not even Traders would accept that level of waste for a noob team.

You also have T16 kits, which are not weak ass little things as they were in the past. Ada T18 kits are close to 95% the power of an ada T20 kit, and an Ada T16 is close to 92%. I forget the math Enkelin put up but it's not that far off. And yes, you can build Ada T16s in EF Layer.

I wouldn't be against letting this T20 whitelist be for EF w2, but EF w1/w0 is a bit much. Because w2 gets to play with all the nasty Termites.

Station Amps can be built in parallel.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:59 pm

That's a big fuck you then to the defender. First day is default 5 kits. Seven days later 25 Bana kits come rolling through.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:36 am