Main: xXxGunnerxXx
Level: 2975

Post Decent AI teams
Can we have some decently strong AI teams like DC was back in the day where you can fuck with them to level, but generally they would fuck your gal up? i miss the good old days when DC would attack your gals as a fleet. BRING BACK STRONG AI TEAMS

Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:11 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Decent AI teams
gunner876 wrote:
Can we have some decently strong AI teams like DC was back in the day where you can fuck with them to level, but generally they would fuck your gal up? i miss the good old days when DC would attack your gals as a fleet. BRING BACK STRONG AI TEAMS

Basically impossible to make a team like that now. Bases used to be weak as fuck (also people built weaker galaxies) compared to where they are now, and that's what allowed people to fuck with DC, but at the same time have DC strong enough to kill bases. Any AI strong enough to take on a decent base under the current system would require a squad to fight it. So, you wouldn't be leveling on them, you might kill them for drops, but you're not going to be able to casually level on an AI that can threaten current galaxies.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:08 pm

ShawnMcCall wrote:
gunner876 wrote:

Basically impossible to make a team like that now. Bases used to be weak as fuck (also people built weaker galaxies) compared to where they are now, and that's what allowed people to fuck with DC, but at the same time have DC strong enough to kill bases. Any AI strong enough to take on a decent base under the current system would require a squad to fight it. So, you wouldn't be leveling on them, you might kill them for drops, but you're not going to be able to casually level on an AI that can threaten current galaxies.

Why has no one claimed emp bio then? It's very possible just look at those termites

Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:25 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

gunner876 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
gunner876 wrote:

Why has no one claimed emp bio then? It's very possible just look at those termites

Because W4 isn't profitable anymore. People do the Pax mission by and large.

In fact, I think SRX owned it last and I still did the Pax missions, because no one cares about emp bio.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:43 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Alternatively we could add more Delquad, Hive, NF, Hawk spawners and maybe make em a bit more aggressive? Perhaps even throw roaming ohms into the mix?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:38 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Any simple AI capable of taking on a couple of stations/large pile of platforms and be a rough 50/50 fight is going to be able to nuke any casual squad. You're looking at a RNF fight for T20 bases.

As for making more Roamer spawners and or making roamers more aggressive...How fair does it sound for a lower ranked team to be cruising through Perilous Space to encounter an angry, aggro Delquad team. As AI target stuff with least shields first before anything is pulling aggro, say goodbye to your snipers and SDs. Now the healers (assuming you have enough) needs to get the dps back up and keep whatever tanks that are left alive. For a T20 squad, good luck. Best to tow.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:58 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Pontius123 wrote:
Any simple AI capable of taking on a couple of stations/large pile of platforms and be a rough 50/50 fight is going to be able to nuke any casual squad. You're looking at a RNF fight for T20 bases.

As for making more Roamer spawners and or making roamers more aggressive...How fair does it sound for a lower ranked team to be cruising through Perilous Space to encounter an angry, aggro Delquad team. As AI target stuff with least shields first before anything is pulling aggro, say goodbye to your snipers and SDs. Now the healers (assuming you have enough) needs to get the dps back up and keep whatever tanks that are left alive. For a T20 squad, good luck. Best to tow.

Well would bring back the whole "dont aggro NFs, Hives or whatever" which is what this suggestion is asking for.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:25 pm

Pontius123 wrote:

Don't agro them or you will probably get the boot, simple.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:33 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

It's actually possible to make AI that are crushed by players but that can shred bases, I could probably design one if I had a little bit of coder support. Sadly it's a bit tied up atm, but I think it's doable.

The issue is, however, that whatever we do has to be threatening for people of all levels.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:36 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
It's actually possible to make AI that are crushed by players but that can shred bases, I could probably design one if I had a little bit of coder support. Sadly it's a bit tied up atm, but I think it's doable.

The issue is, however, that whatever we do has to be threatening for people of all levels.

Sure, just stick to the golden rule, If you attack them your team deals with them, If you don't you're safe.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:40 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

MasterTrader wrote:

Some fancy new code that scales the AI's damage to target's bank / regen / resist?

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:06 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

gunner876 wrote:
Don't agro them or you will probably get the boot, simple.

Hawks are already auto-aggro.

Rip.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:44 am