Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Make Auras a hostile act
Looking at two unteamed FCs double amping a PVB force and an unteamed elect engineer elect tractoring a sniper and all three avoiding aggro because they're technically not shooting or healing.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:21 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Post Re: Make Auras a hostile act
It sounds a bit complex and messy. Amping auras could be an act of hostility maybe?

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:10 am

That would be a nice alternative. Anything to stop people from getting free stats from other characters with no potential aggro towards those characters.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:42 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Sounds good to me.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:18 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

How about…

if a galaxy is engaged in combat (i.e. has hostile targets) for over a certain amount of time (let's say 10 minutes), it becomes aggro to all neutral targets. Aggro persists for a good while after there are no remaining targets.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:49 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

anilv wrote:
How about…

if a galaxy is engaged in combat (i.e. has hostile targets) for over a certain amount of time (let's say 10 minutes), it becomes aggro to all neutral targets. Aggro persists for a good while after there are no remaining targets.

I don't like this idea as much. I'd want to see it kept to people who are affecting the battle. Unteamed Shms, elecing engis, aura fcs ect. Not someone who's passing through the galaxy on autopilot only to be blown away for no reason.

Maybe we could use the idea you proposed, but will only aggro neutral targets if they have been in the galaxy X ammount of time? Might want to make it so you have to leave the galaxy for Y ammount of time to reset the X timer. That way shms can't warp in/out quickly and reset their timer.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:04 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Fyuryus wrote:
anilv wrote:
How about…

I don't like this idea as much. I'd want to see it kept to people who are affecting the battle. Unteamed Shms, elecing engis, aura fcs ect. Not someone who's passing through the galaxy on autopilot only to be blown away for no reason.

:lol:

Although part of me does want this in just for the people who turn up to PvB, claiming to be "watching".

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:29 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Tomzta09 wrote:
Although part of me does want this in just for the people who turn up to PvB, claiming to be "watching".

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:25 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Fyuryus wrote:
anilv wrote:
How about…

Maybe we could use the idea you proposed, but will only aggro neutral targets if they have been in the galaxy X ammount of time? Might want to make it so you have to leave the galaxy for Y ammount of time to reset the X timer. That way shms can't warp in/out quickly and reset their timer.

There is almost no reason to fly through a galaxy in Wild Space... I mean, honestly, I think we should have an indicator on the map that shows when a galaxy is under attack so everyone can see that. Would that address your concern of unknowingly flying into a galaxy like that?

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:47 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

I mean there is DGs in wild space worth doing, IC bases and doesnt midas spawn in wild space? Plenty of reasons to fly around wild space.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:52 pm

redalert150 wrote:
I mean there is DGs in wild space worth doing, IC bases and doesnt midas spawn in wild space? Plenty of reasons to fly around wild space.

But not a reason to continue flying around a warzone once you know it's there.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:42 pm
over 9000!

Yup, we could easily have a galaxy marked as "active combat" on the map and by default on /avoid for people's autopilot.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:47 pm
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

MasterTrader wrote:
There is almost no reason to fly through a galaxy in Wild Space... I mean, honestly, I think we should have an indicator on the map that shows when a galaxy is under attack so everyone can see that. Would that address your concern of unknowingly flying into a galaxy like that?

No. 1) Some attacks may be carried out in secret to avoid attention so that not everyone and their mother knows who's fighting even though word of a fight gets out pretty quickly.

3) Putting an indicator for that makes it obvious who's fighting and if someone in that fight has allies its all the more easier for them to respond than to have to be notified by someone on the defending side. Again, yeah words of a fight gets our pretty quickly, but there does happen to be those fights you don't notice or hear of.

2) Almost no reason to fly through a place in WS is true, but then again we're talking about AP. If the shortest route is through a hell fire... it will take you through a hell fire.

Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Tron20 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

No. 1) Some attacks may be carried out in secret to avoid attention so that not everyone and their mother knows who's fighting even though word of a fight gets out pretty quickly.

3) Putting an indicator for that makes it obvious who's fighting and if someone in that fight has allies its all the more easier for them to respond than to have to be notified by someone on the defending side. Again, yeah words of a fight gets our pretty quickly, but there does happen to be those fights you don't notice or hear of.

2) Almost no reason to fly through a place in WS is true, but then again we're talking about AP. If the shortest route is through a hell fire... it will take you through a hell fire.

1. What benefits are derived from "sneak attacks"? And what's the difference between word getting out pretty quickly and someone noticing that a galaxy is under attack with an indicator on the mini map?
2. Why is it a problem for allies to arrive and help defend their allies? What's so different from what happens now?
3. Why wouldn't what enkelin said, about marking a galaxy as "Active Combat" and then auto avoiding active combat areas, prevent that?

Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:28 pm
over 9000!

Sneak attacks are impossible once you engage. The team gets spammed about assets under attack.

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:04 pm