Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Post Reduce the cost of resetting class skills
First of all, I'm a bit out of the loop. It's entirely possible that there will be some new system introduced for class skills that changes how people reset them, in that case feel free to disregard this post.

But if not... Well, what's the point of the price cost for resetting class skills? It gets big enough that for F2P people it discourages them from trying out different classes, which isn't something I think we want. We want people trying out the different classes to see what interests them the most. It doesn't serve the purpose of acting as a sink for money either, considering that you're either poor enough that that at its maximum after multiple resets, the half a billion cost seriously makes you wonder if you should bother, or you're rich enough that half a billion is literal pennies.

I would like to purpose that the cost for resetting skills be dramatically reduced, to maybe 10 million or something, with no increasing prices on each reset.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:12 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Post Re: Reduce the cost of resetting class skills
If anything the cost is displaying incorrectly and it has been for ages. It's time that gets fixed to what it should be.

Also can we get an option to reset advanced class subskills? Forcing us to do a full class reset just to change one or two advanced skills is incredibly stupid.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:32 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I believe Ryan wanted to allow players to pick different advanced skills where ever they are as long as they're docked. But don't quote me on that just yet...

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:55 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

As of right now, we've kept the old reset system with the new class changes. I'd really like to make the class skills easier to experiment with though, especially at a low level. I'd be in favor of changing the cost curve to increase slower and max out at a higher level, maybe even make it free under level 100 or so. I'll bring it up in our next meeting.

I'd also like adv subskills to be easier to modify, and I've been pushing towards getting approval to let adv subskills be reset in any station (with a few limitations to prevent abuse).

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:00 pm
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

A less harsh cost curve for it would definitely be a nice thing and an improvement!

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:44 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

I personally want to see:

1. Class skills are free to reset, free to train (it's a minor cost, but training them actually costs credits and is not listed in the skill training description).

2. Classes make a very significant impact to how you play, particularly from the beginning, but also all the way to endgame.

3. Class skills are always positive benefits to the player character. There is no negative or penalty or debuff associated with training any of the class skills. This extends to Advanced Skills too, though Advanced Skill selection can disable the more advanced features of certain mechanics (cough wild slaves vs fighter generators).

4. Classes have all the tools needed to adapt and excel in combat. None of this "Too slow to catch up and pounce on enemies, but still point blank range class" bullshit that Berserker gets.

5. Sniper class renamed to something better and skills reworked to be a bulky frontline medium range class (Berserker is a bulky frontline *close quarters* class). The methodology of Sniper class ends up it being a long range and or extreme dps glass cannon, which doesn't make sense as it's paired with Berserker and not something like Seer or SD.

6. A comprehensive rework of most class superitems and superitem slots on ships (Light Fighter, Heavy Fighter, and Support Freighter are limited to two super items, while Capital Ships get five slots). Additional reworks on other class locked items, in particular the low/mid tech class locked weapons.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:48 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

This game needs more credit sinks, not less. Removing or reducing this cost would be very, very negative for the economy

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:25 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

reyjalrmm wrote:
This game needs more credit sinks, not less. Removing or reducing this cost would be very, very negative for the economy

We need more credit sinks for the people who *have* the throwaway money, not for the poor.

It would be like lowering taxes for rich fuckers with a couple mansions...but, RAISING the taxes on the poor people who barely make it week to week. Because that brings in money and is morally right..

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:53 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Well, this is the reason cost of reskill goes up with levels. <3 church

IMO should cost 1b at lvl 2k

Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:01 am