Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Increase the system Drone Count from Team Skills
lrellok wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
I like how you ignored the bit about drones already playing a massive role in BvB, and that you're probably just using them wrong...

As far as I know the only WS galaxy your team controls is protected by like 2-3 actual kits, and a bunch of t12 drones. So, your problem is that you're crying for even cheaper defense when you're not even using the tools you already have at your disposal. Asking for mechanics to be changed in your favor is not the right answer, learning the current mechanics is.

Please reread my original post ty. I am saying that currently a solid defense would require 2 persons worth of stations per system (IE 300 points of kits), but that less then one person worth of drones is allowed by fiat cap. This has led a large number of newer teams to mistakenly allow people their own system or even two systems, with disastrous results. Setting a clear marker both in drone count and station count at 2 players per system would encourage better game play. The current mechanics are unclear and ought to be clarified.

Lol, since when do you need 2 Characters worth of StM to defend a galaxy. The most I have ever used in a single galaxy is 8 kits and that was for blatant overkill, so not sure where the hell your numbers come from. Border galaxies with other teams or vulnerable choke points may have more, if a team is prone to war, but other than that your numbers are ridiculous.

But the point still stands, the only example of actual (wildspace) DSF building is 3 undergeared kits protected by t12 drones. So yeah, I read your original post, but it still makes no fucking sense. It sounds like you're just suggesting this because someone shot at you, and you don't want them to be able to do so.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:54 pm