Team: Eminence Front
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

Post Allow P2P Accounts To Be Playable after Sub Ends?
Allow P2P Accounts To Be Playable after Sub Ends With Same Restriction As F2P

Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:25 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Post Re: Allow P2P Accounts To Be Playable after Sub Ends?
What happens to deployed bases, slaves, and any T20+ gear/ships on the account?

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:50 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

I'm selfish and I dont agree, because that change wouldn't affect me

Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:40 pm
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

Fyuryus wrote:
What happens to deployed bases, slaves, and any T20+ gear/ships on the account?

Ships and Gears can still be used including bases, and CB slaves while in Premium Space will not shoot or use any inbuilt items
If you try going to Wild Space Aura Generators and other activation items player gets disable from using them, for example (The use of Fighters/Missiles) in a F2P account when you go to wild space.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:29 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

This is pretty much our plan, but it's a lot of work and in the mean time we've been doing things like Steam and class rescaling. I'm not fully sure how it'll work either currently.

Support

Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:04 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Blue Dwarf wrote:
This is pretty much our plan, but it's a lot of work and in the mean time we've been doing things like Steam and class rescaling. I'm not fully sure how it'll work either currently.

If this goes in, I would like to see a base on an unsubbed account in Wild Space not be able to fire, extract, or make trades. Otherwise this makes it way easier to abuse unsubbed bases in Wild.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:08 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

You think so? I've seen more than 1 person with ~8 accounts who only sub about 7 of them once per reset - doesn't seem all that different to me?

Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:18 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Currently, unsubbed characters lose their Trade Skill bonuses for the duration of being unsubbed.

The gist of this facet means a massive amount of work for one person and forces them to dig into one or two galaxies with every single base capable of adding to defenses.

I can see this working if the main account was purely made up of CA Boosters, allowing the other accounts to pull towards an EXE defense made up of T18/T20 bases.

However, if someone attacks the setup, you have to fight. There is no retreat or moving to a new location, even if you decide to do IC and not colonies.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:36 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Pontius123 wrote:
Currently, unsubbed characters lose their Trade Skill bonuses for the duration of being unsubbed.

Wrong.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:53 am

That's what Jeff/Voomy said years back and no one updated the notion since.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:26 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

I don't understand how this would benefit SS revenue. I'm currently only subbing one account, and it annoys me that I can't grab gear off my unsubbed account, and I'm very likely to sub them for that purpose alone. That means more money to the SS team.

While on break from SS, I have the forum, wiki, and nowadays discord to lure me back into playing. It's possible I would have subbed earlier if I had access to my account but with restrictions. I don't think so though, once I had enough cravings to play again, I wasn't hindered by having to sub.

I'd like to see a Good argument on how this would benefit the game owners, before I support this idea. Until then, I'm strongly against it.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Pontius123 wrote:

Not to say that Jeff & Voomy don't have their finger on the pulse here, but have you or anyone actually checked if that's true? Exe bases seem to get their bonuses just fine unsubbbed last time I looked.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:31 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

iwnh01 wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

Not to say that Jeff & Voomy don't have their finger on the pulse here, but have you or anyone actually checked if that's true? Exe bases seem to get their bonuses just fine unsubbbed last time I looked.

I can confirm I utilized sub once per universe strategy pretty much entire duration of the "wise one / big boy" portion of my SS career. Trevor also subbed just once per uni for most his accounts.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Scyron wrote:
I don't understand how this would benefit SS revenue. I'm currently only subbing one account, and it annoys me that I can't grab gear off my unsubbed account, and I'm very likely to sub them for that purpose alone. That means more money to the SS team.

While on break from SS, I have the forum, wiki, and nowadays discord to lure me back into playing. It's possible I would have subbed earlier if I had access to my account but with restrictions. I don't think so though, once I had enough cravings to play again, I wasn't hindered by having to sub.

I'd like to see a Good argument on how this would benefit the game owners, before I support this idea. Until then, I'm strongly against it.

As long as bases lose their trade skills the second the account goes unsubbed, I don't think there's much of a problem.

Bunch of teammates subbed thinking Star Sonata, being advertised as a Free to play game with a cash shop like it is on Steam, would work like other free to play games with a cash shop. Aka, subscription allows you access to content/boosted credit/experience rates, but you could regress back to f2p with your limited tech levels, experience/credit gains, and lose access to that extra content.

Star Sonata didn't explain that once you sub, you can't play ever again on that account if you decided you didn't like the game enough or you couldn't pay for the resub, such as the Australian, French, and German players SS lost over the years because sometimes you may end up spending 50$ worth of currency to convert into 10$US. Steam accepts a lot of different currency; SS only does US. That's where the admins are hedging on Steam. All the Non-US players that trade in currencies other than US dollars.

And so all of them rage quitted and have not been back. Warlordsky took about 4 months break from SS and just now starting a new f2p account, which will be permanently f2p from now on.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:28 pm
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Stuff like trade skills and bases is secondary here. This is a suggestion that could potentially lower the income for the game. That needs to be addressed first.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:21 am
Profile WWW