Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Post Making BvB more interesting and assault-y
So BvB is pretty boring at the moment. You wait until they're offline, drop kits, turn thrusters on and try not to die horribly.

This is boring. Let's make it interesting. Let's also get rid of all the shitboring arbitrary bandaid rules: Base Amplifiers (although we'll keep the 5 kit limit for now), no tractoring in owned gals, 12-hour timers, etc..., and instead we make them dynamic.

Create a whole bunch of galaxy-bound items which are buildable. When you BvB someone you start off with your kits and can either tractor them in with stock standard gear, then and there, or build a mother base and construct galaxy-bound gear to augment your assault. These would take anywhere between 30mins-hours to finish building and get progressive more expensive.

Things like:
  • Base Thrusters
  • Special Weapons/Gear (use your imagination)
  • Items to increase the amount of kits you can drop - becomes exponentially more expensive
  • Items to increase how long a base has before it becomes abandoned - becomes exponentially more expensive as time progresses and as you drop more kits
  • Base Grav dissipators
  • Item teleporter (to get more stuff in)

This means that as an attacker you can either do a boring 5 kit tractor in at the start, or build items to boost your attack. The concept of the motherbase can either be done as a kit upgrade which you use on a kit, or as a separate thing. Only this kit (in enemy territory) can equip the special blueprints for building stuff. If it dies all your kits become screwed over and eventually die horribly.

This gives defenders a chance if no one is online, and makes the assault have a large element of progress and timing to it.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:16 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

Post Re: Making BvB more interesting and assault-y
I don't think people realize how limiting the 5 kit slot is. It's not hard to beat a 5 kit squad, especially considering you can lay 30 drones and the attackers can't.

Base thrusters aren't a game breaker for bvbs, it just make a it actually fun instead of pure cancer.

Mother base would be a slot? So you'd be stuck w 4 bases?

As bvb is now, I don't wait for them to be afk unless my goal is to cap something's that's unpacked.

During all my recent bvbs, I've been extremely busy doing things for the bvb while it's going. There are a lot of words I would use to describe the process. Boring is not one of them

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:54 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Heya ty for this post. I've suggested something behind the scenes similar to this.
  • Base Thrusters - Already Done
  • Special Weapons/Gear (use your imagination) - Was rejected, when I attempted to address it.
  • Items to increase the amount of kits you can drop - becomes exponentially more expensive - Already Done with combat base slots
  • Items to increase how long a base has before it becomes abandoned - becomes exponentially more expensive as time progresses and as you drop more kits - We feel this is already good as is, higher tech the bigger the timer until abandoned.
  • Base Grav dissipators - Already Done, attackers cannot tractor defensive kits if the galaxy is owned. Base thrusters can be used to counter.
  • Item teleporter (to get more stuff in) - I personally put this in part with the rejected suggestion I made behind the scenes

The suggestion I made was to make attackers have a point generator commod on base system where if they maintain the position long enough they'll acquire enough of these "commods" to build a "tool" attacking item. Some of these tools from memory were:
  • Envelope (huge one that surrounds a decent size squad, or a envelop that is forced pushed a direction)
  • Teleporter (attacker can move items between bases in the same galaxy only)
  • Transwarp (Make a base able to produce a small galaxy bound temporary warp beacon)
  • Deathblossum (make a deathblossum for base)
  • Speed boost (increases the speed of the base movement)
  • Splashing Ada superlaser

Many more but I don't remember. The reasoning for the rejection was that BvB in general has a future plan but I wouldn't know when that would be revealed / implemented. These ideas i felt at the time would help the situation currently but not for when the "future" plan is ever implemented.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:57 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

SPLASHING ADA SL!?!?!?! WHY HAVEN'T I THOUGHT OF THIS!!!!

Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:02 pm

I was thinking of an item for bvb:

Upon equipping a thruster, it cannot be turned off for 30 minutes, but the kit's speed is doubled for that 30 minutes.

^my item would cause that

So basically you can rush in but can't stop your kit if the other team bring something shit in or what ever
------
I also think base transes should give +250,000 bank. This is insignificant on bases, but would allow defenders to use the mobile ach drones and attack attackers without getting one shorted on zerks lol.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:03 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

If Danger's Base Target Priority works the way it was worded (next patch), if there is a base on your team being attacked, your bases will prioritize healing it and attacking enemy bases that come within range. Essentially, this allows for a primary BVB contest and a secondary PVP contest. Perma Drones will prioritize ships, which is a huge advantage for the defenders.

Stupid Kasa Quus with 10k range...

Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Pontius123 wrote:
If Danger's Base Target Priority works the way it was worded (next patch), if there is a base on your team being attacked, your bases will prioritize healing it and attacking enemy bases that come within range. Essentially, this allows for a primary BVB contest and a secondary PVP contest. Perma Drones will prioritize ships, which is a huge advantage for the defenders.

Stupid Kasa Quus with 10k range...

Your point?...

Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:24 pm

The point is I can saddle up a PVB squad and your bases will completely ignore the ships as long as there is one of my bases inside the range of your dps bases. Likewise, your healer base will ignore your damaged ship if your team has a base taking damage.

So you can't just deploy 5 bases, march them to the defenders, and win with achilles pulses.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:11 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Pixel wrote:
  • Envelope (huge one that surrounds a decent size squad, or a envelop that is forced pushed a direction)
  • Teleporter (attacker can move items between bases in the same galaxy only)
  • Transwarp (Make a base able to produce a small galaxy bound temporary warp beacon)
  • Deathblossum (make a deathblossum for base)
  • Speed boost (increases the speed of the base movement)
  • Splashing Ada superlaser

I would support these things if they where available to defenders as well.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:58 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Those ideas listed were "ideas" nothing more, I do go wacky when making ideas for things to push for more different/fun content that's all.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:21 pm
Contributor
Team: Admins
Main: MicroCapacitor
Level: 1155

Pontius123 wrote:
The point is I can saddle up a PVB squad and your bases will completely ignore the ships as long as there is one of my bases inside the range of your dps bases. Likewise, your healer base will ignore your damaged ship if your team has a base taking damage.

So you can't just deploy 5 bases, march them to the defenders, and win with achilles pulses.

It doesn't make bases only target other bases. It gives bases a 50% more attack value for bases. Drones have a 50% more attack value for drones/players likewise. A berserker can still get agro from bases if they have enough hostility value.
We can higher and lower if needed.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:16 pm

MicroCapacitor wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

It doesn't make bases only target other bases. It gives bases a 50% more attack value for bases. Drones have a 50% more attack value for drones/players likewise. A berserker can still get agro from bases if they have enough hostility value.

Now you tell me, MicroCapacitor. Why couldn't this have been said in the dev blog?

Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:10 pm
Contributor
Team: Admins
Main: MicroCapacitor
Level: 1155

Pontius123 wrote:
MicroCapacitor wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

Now you tell me, Danger. Why couldn't this have been said in the dev blog?

I stated: "Bases will now prioritize other bases in healing and damage and drones will now prioritize ships and other drones in healing in damage."
Prioritize is the key work aka in a 1:1 scenario they would pick one over the other. I didn't really state the 50% because the attackvalue I'm still trying to fully understand. But hopefully we have scenarios with what you stated.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:31 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

The OP has some cool ideas. Get with me on Discord and we can discuss.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:54 am