Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Post make roaming in EF, Peri, and Wild space great again!
The recent one-off mega spawn of AI last night reminded me of the "age of swarms" we had 4 or 5 years ago when we that 10x level of increased AI spawn for a whole Uni. It was one of the most fun events in all of my SS history and I want to petition to make something like this permanent.

Bring back the swarms as a regular feature of the game, not just a one-off event!

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:01 am
Team: Psionic Corps
Main: atsamaz
Level: 3980

Post Re: make roaming in EF, Peri, and Wild space great again!
Agreed

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:50 am

In terms of wild space, this was the most fun I've had in SS, building a base specifically to fight Delquads who at the time took squads of high end players to tackle on. Wild space has never been nearly as fun or as awesome as it is now, maybe there is a concern about players obtaining items by killing these "ubers" but any high end player can solo these nowadays and their drops are almost worthless. Even so perhaps nullifying their drop list but leaving them in wild space would keep it as awesome as it is now! PLEASE DO NOT FIX! <3

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:45 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I think it's rather easy to ask for tons of swarms of AI as a higher end player, but what about people who are not able to handle them?

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Easy. Don't apply swarms to ef space then. That area plus dgs will then still remain for lower level leveling

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:01 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Am level 2500. Cannot handle a bazillion fucking aggro Delquads at the same time because one of my teammates is capable of solo killing them.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:28 pm

I just spent hours last night and this morning in pspace with extra spawns. Saw no more than 1 delquad in a system when i encountered one and they were all pretty far out in DF 350+.

Its not like you step outside of peri space outpost and there are a dozen delquads... Maybe a dozen icepicks or bigger greens but pretty sure u can handle that.

They could also just un-team delquads and this would prevent you being aggroed when your teammates kill them.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Markoz was like no can't unteam shit!

Those EF Dreadnoughts are no joke when you find five in a galaxy and all five have red target rings.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:52 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
I think it's rather easy to ask for tons of swarms of AI as a higher end player, but what about people who are not able to handle them?

Make sure that swarms only form at higher danger factors? This would actually make sense and give higher DF some actual danger.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:07 pm

atsamas wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Make sure that swarms only form at higher danger factors? This would actually make sense and give higher DF some actual danger.

No.

For reasons people seem unable to grasp, just because you're a high level doesn't mean you have perfect high end gear for that level, or are with friends/MCing.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Pontius123 wrote:
atsamas wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

No.

For reasons people seem unable to grasp, just because you're a high level doesn't mean you have perfect high end gear for that level, or are with friends/MCing.

That's exactly why you can stay in lower danger factors before you obtain gear that allows you to take on higher danger factors... isn't this only logical? So because you do not have gear to take on higher danger factors according to you they shouldn't exist for the people who either have the gear or have friends with whom they want a fun challenge?

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:25 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

I hope to have Bobbo properly implement this as a bonus event in the future, it was intended only for Perilous Space. We can throw them into Wild Space as well, as atsamas had pointed out, many players are capable of solo killing Nightfuries, Hives, etc, as well as the majority of their loot not being excessively valuable. If you have any concerns over this bonus event and the details of what it will affect in future events with it, I would greatly appreciate hearing your opinion and ideas.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:39 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Letz have upgraded NFs/Delquads/Hives that rival bases and throw em everywhere in wildspace!

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:41 pm
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

atsamas wrote:
That's exactly why you can stay in lower danger factors before you obtain gear that allows you to take on higher danger factors... isn't this only logical? So because you do not have gear to take on higher danger factors according to you they shouldn't exist for the people who either have the gear or have friends with whom they want a fun challenge?

That's only logical if teams couldn't build in WS. If you want a challenge that's what PPS is for, but let me stop being snotty there.

It goes back to the days of when DC would decimate noob teams. A team may have their power players and bases in a high DF and can take on DC. But for the rest of the team that's not at that level, they may need to have access to the team's assets but instead they'll get fucked over by DC for couple of hours.

Not saying we should completely forgo it, because I really want something like that to happen again (*Cough bring aliens or AIs Teams to WS and make them actually fight and contend with player teams for territory cough*). But I'm sure there are many teams with low end players that can't take on something like that constantly.

To simply say "get better gear then go to higher DF" or "don't join a team that builds deep in WS" wouldn't make sense either because teams typically take in lower level players and bring them to their team space for many reasons.

And you can't forget that exploration is also a part of SS. You'll hinder that feature if you put in a permanent swarm. Pretty sure it'd be annoying as hell to get poped every time you decide to AP in your travel ship too.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:25 pm
Profile WWW

Tron20 wrote:
atsamas wrote:

That's only logical if teams couldn't build in WS. If you want a challenge that's what PPS is for, but let me stop being snotty there.

It goes back to the days of when DC would decimate noob teams. A team may have their power players and bases in a high DF and can take on DC. But for the rest of the team that's not at that level, they may need to have access to the team's assets but instead they'll get fucked over by DC for couple of hours.

Not saying we should completely forgo it, because I really want something like that to happen again (*Cough bring aliens or AIs Teams to WS and make them actually fight and contend with player teams for territory cough*). But I'm sure there are many teams with low end players that can't take on something like that constantly.

To simply say "get better gear then go to higher DF" or "don't join a team that builds deep in WS" wouldn't make sense either because teams typically take in lower level players and bring them to their team space for many reasons.

And you can't forget that exploration is also a part of SS. You'll hinder that feature if you put in a permanent swarm. Pretty sure it'd be annoying as hell to get poped every time you decide to AP in your travel ship too.

We have transwarp devices nowadays not like before. You could also unteam the AI or not have it be aggro. Either way how often do you go exploring into perli perli space?? I don't tend to do that... dunno about you guys.

Either way, getting anywhere in a travel or stealth ship is not difficult and low level players constantly have to deal with that with places like underworld and so on...

"If you want a challenge that's what PPS is for" Can't build bases there.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:46 pm