Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Post Re: make roaming in EF, Peri, and Wild space great again!
Folks are arguing like we have no real world data to go on. We just had a massive spawn on all layers. Were lower players completely locked out of playing? Was there devastation and frustration on a grand scale like folks are predicting?

We also have an ENTIRE uni of experience to go on back when they messed up and had these swarms for a constant 3 to 4 months about 5 years ago. I recall no mass outrage or frustration from players, and they had these type of spawns everyday.... If anything most players were happily excited and into it.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:12 pm
Main: Invidia
Level: 2388

I agree

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:02 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Actually, EF layer has just as much roamers as WS/PS/IassumePPS. Was running around on a level 1300 character that can kill Basilus/Rosmarys with ease. Galaxy after galaxy of 10-30 of these things. The last one I cleared had 25 all bunched up in a little ball; had to spend a good 5 minutes (darn energy banking out) to clear the place.

This is an advanced level 1300 character. I know what the hell I'm doing. The AI's I've been slugging my way through are level 450 and 500 respectively.

I'm all for challenge, but I don't want this to be the norm for anyone over level 300.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:06 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

"No outrage". Not really, player did complain a lot about the low to mid levels being tough to get out of and not just because of the equipment and power difference between players an AI, but because they would get swarmed on. (IE jump into one system and get swarmed by 15 or so basils and rosmaries). But since the revamp is coming up, that can be reconsidered again.

atasmas wrote:
If you want a challenge that's what PPS is for" Can't build bases there.

Thought the challenge was about ship to ship. If it's just for bases then that's hardly any challenge at all. That's just fireworks and pretty much light shows for the time being as it was years ago when we did have swarms and a lot of high level AIs roaming around our bases.

If that's the case then I return back with my previous statement: bring aliens or make an AI team that contests with players in wild space. There are only so many player wars that happen and most don't last very long. Despite the decrease in space, there's not that much pushing and shoving for systems happening.

We need something to not only warrant some activity in WS but something with an entertainment value that won't go away easily.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:26 am
Profile WWW