Team: Eminence Front
Main: Lightning Bolt
Level: 11163

Post Skill Missions Auto-starting
Now that we have missions auto-starting when you enter a galaxy (the Jungle ones come to mind), could we have the same trigger for the various skill missions that require boss kills? Seems like a nice quality of life change.

I'm totally not posting this because I forgot to get the mission on an alt and am salty >.>

Kanga

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:19 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Skill Missions Auto-starting
Because while this would be nice and all, this feels like it will be boring work and the specific developer will not be immediately appreciated like when you make new endgame content.

This is also the same reasoning behind why anything-less-than-endgame content is pretty unfulfilling.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:43 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

The missions from Sol Get skill to level x and get them all to 20 something would be nice to have autostart & complete too.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:06 am
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Pontius123 wrote:
Because while this would be nice and all, this feels like it will be boring work and the specific developer will not be immediately appreciated like when you make new endgame content.

This is also the same reasoning behind why anything-less-than-endgame content is pretty unfulfilling.

I was under the impression that the first point you made could apply to literally everything, and could possibly even be quite the opposite, since i'm pretty sure I've even seen endgame players bitch about things that still haven't been touched up or otherwise worked on in content they've far surpassed.

So boring yes.
Underappreciated? No.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:50 am

Step 1. Find a problem.
Step 2. Make sure a developer knows this is a problem.
Step 3. Convince said developer this is actually a problem.
Step 4. Make sure the developer hasn't already passed the problem.*
Step 5. Make sure the developer hasn't got any little excuses to avoid the problem.
Step 6. Bitch and moan until either the developer gets to it or Jeff threatens to revoke their developer status.

*A developer who actually enjoys little annoying pieces of crap like scooping 100 Faranji Debris that spawn over the course of 4 hours is not exactly the kind of person who will sympathize with the playerbase considering this a pile of bullshit.

**Likewise, a developer who is all *T22* is probably unlikely to change a piece of T16 or T20 content that the rest of the playerbase feel is too restrictive or unfair because *he* is not encountering the problem.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:22 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

iwnh01 wrote:
The missions from Sol Get skill to level x and get them all to 20 something would be nice to have autostart & complete too.

This is something that i dont think should be to hard to implement while also being a huge quality of life change. Ill bring it up during todays meeting and see if its okay to implement. Same goes for OPs request. I would also like to add this to the strontium-90 missions but that might be a little more involved. Well see.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:57 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Yes, this is something we definitely want to do, along with auto-canceling of some of the mission if you leave the galaxy so you don't clutter up your mission list.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm
Profile WWW

redalert150 wrote:
This is something that i dont think should be to hard to implement while also being a huge quality of life change. Ill bring it up during todays meeting and see if its okay to implement. Same goes for OPs request. I would also like to add this to the strontium-90 missions but that might be a little more involved. Well see.

<3 Awesome!

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:08 pm

JeffL wrote:
Yes, this is something we definitely want to do, along with auto-canceling of some of the mission if you leave the galaxy so you don't clutter up your mission list.

Thank you so much. Deep Space and Arctia missions keep auto-starting and NOT GOING AWAY when you go back to sol.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:33 am
Main: Colossal
Level: 8

Okay so added the auto start tag to all the tech 20 skill ubers (bana, copper, MS etc). Working on the sol skill progression missions and strontium missions. Are there any other missions you guys think should have auto start on them?

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:07 am

Olympus:

Currently you need level 1000 and the various Key (Hermes Key, etc) to open the missions to get Swift Shard, etc, and convert Shard Tokens/Shard Dust into said Swift Shard, etc. You can get into the boss rooms and get the boss kill before you can find and do the various key missions, locking you out of the shard rewards.

I'd like it to be strictly a level requirement lock before you can enter Olympus period, and auto-start the missions for the Shard Rewards upon entry into the various Pretender Instances.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:45 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I've already changed Olympus so you don't need to do the key missions, and moved all of the missions for Olympus into Olympus itself so no more running back and forth from Lyceum to Olympus.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:51 pm
Main: Lightning Bolt
Level: 11163

Colossal wrote:
Okay so added the auto start tag to all the tech 20 skill ubers (bana, copper, MS etc). Working on the sol skill progression missions and strontium missions. Are there any other missions you guys think should have auto start on them?

Twisted Token and Olympus Shard missions would be helpful.

And/or could someone PLEASE clean up the Twisted missions in Prejudice, currently it's a ballache to scroll through all those missions to find the Twisted Token ones.

Also, thank you <3 these are all super Quality of Life changes.

Kanga

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:07 pm

I think Micron race would be neat with the race starting when you enter the actual racetrack galaxy if that's possible.
IMO It'd be even cooler if it was split up into separate galaxies (like another galaxy, I think steppes was?) and the mission ended when you reached the last galaxy but I know that would need a bit more work.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:08 pm
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Micron in general needs work, so asking for a more elaborate change would be better for it imo.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:17 am