Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Post Make Trade Slaves more advanced
The current interface, and limitations to trade slaves leaves much to be desired for a game advertised as a space trading game iirc.

Things currently that as far as im aware trade slaves cannot do.

-Buy specific amounts

-Sell specific amounts

-Buy/sell everything in one docking attempt (Perhaps im wrong but last time i tried making them do everything in one go, they bought the first item then left the base, and i had to make them dock for each transaction they do, this is pretty retarded).

-Cannot mine more than one roid at a time, they'll just grab whatever tiny amount of god knows what resource that drops and THEN go dock and sell it, this should be changed so that you can specify what you want them to keep, or toss, and what they should dock with ASAP (Fermium), and allow them to mine until hull is filled. This way you could have larger slaves mine a roid belt much faster and more efficiently, and maybe have a faster slave pick up the fermium to drop off.

-Cannot search past a relatively small area for Roids (i doubt that this is because of radars), you should be able to set a "path" that a slave will follow, or have slaves automatically detect an entire belt and focus on that particular belt, not just a small area of the belt.
And yes, this would allow players with good gear outfit slaves for mining belts really fast, but why shouldn't that be possible, honestly? The only thing preventing this is retarded AI and, in the case of EF space, a severe rivalry over resources from the roids, which could easily be alleviated by tweaking roid spawns and such, and also if EF space wasn't so shitty in the first place.

-Cannot tractor debris from roids, not sure if they can use Vacuum scoops but somehow i doubt it. This is a minor problem that doesn't really need to be added but tbh, if i wanted to give my slave a tractor to grab drops, i should be able to.

-Edit: Cannot Jettison excess commods that it fails to sell, or at least determine a defined cap for a set resource so that trade slaves do not get stuck with say, 800 metal forever, when they should also be transporting Silicon, or rations or something else, but can't because they're full of metal and are too stupid to just toss it.

With these changes slaves would be more user friendly, higher hull slaves for mining would have a use, trade routes could be much more specialized in what the slave buys and sells and how much.

EVERYTHING, would be so much more interesting for a player to get into, and less of a massive CHORE.

Let's face it, current trade slaves interface in both mining and trade routes is crap, it's clunky, pretty restrictive, and doesn't give much room for what you would normally think a game set in space, where they have ships the size of suns that can slaughter hordes of aliens and shoot lasers, can do.
No really, the way they work now is like, if you got a robot butler that looked like something straight out of a Sci-Fi film, gave it cash, and asked it to go buy cheese, and it bought you every single type of cheese until it couldn't carry/afford any more, and then brought it back, what would you be thinking? I'd be thinking that it's a retarded robot. THAT is in essence, SS Trade Slaves.

#MakeTradingGreatAgain

Last edited by Moonlightneo on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:37 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Make Trade Slaves more advanced
Moonlightneo wrote:
The current interface, and limitations to trade slaves leaves much to be desired for a game advertised as a space trading game iirc.

Things currently that as far as im aware trade slaves cannot do.

-Buy specific amounts

-Sell specific amounts

-Buy/sell everything in one docking attempt (Perhaps im wrong but last time i tried making them do everything in one go, they bought the first item then left the base, and i had to make them dock for each transaction they do, this is pretty retarded).

-Cannot mine more than one roid at a time, they'll just grab whatever tiny amount of god knows what resource that drops and THEN go dock and sell it, this should be changed so that you can specify what you want them to keep, or toss, and what they should dock with ASAP (Fermium), and allow them to mine until hull is filled. This way you could have larger slaves mine a roid belt much faster and more efficiently, and maybe have a faster slave pick up the fermium to drop off.

-Cannot search past a relatively small area for Roids (i doubt that this is because of radars), you should be able to set a "path" that a slave will follow, or have slaves automatically detect an entire belt and focus on that particular belt, not just a small area of the belt.
And yes, this would allow players with good gear outfit slaves for mining belts really fast, but why shouldn't that be possible, honestly? The only thing preventing this is retarded AI and, in the case of EF space, a severe rivalry over resources from the roids, which could easily be alleviated by tweaking roid spawns and such, and also if EF space wasn't so shitty in the first place.

-Cannot tractor debris from roids, not sure if they can use Vacuum scoops but somehow i doubt it. This is a minor problem that doesn't really need to be added but tbh, if i wanted to give my slave a tractor to grab drops, i should be able to.

With these changes slaves would be more user friendly, higher hull slaves for mining would have a use, trade routes could be much more specialized in what the slave buys and sells and how much.

EVERYTHING, would be so much more interesting for a player to get into, and less of a massive CHORE.

Let's face it, current trade slaves interface in both mining and trade routes is crap, it's clunky, pretty restrictive, and doesn't give much room for what you would normally think a game set in space, where they have ships the size of suns that can slaughter hordes of aliens and shoot lasers, can do.
No really, the way they work now is like, if you got a robot butler that looked like something straight out of a Sci-Fi film, gave it cash, and asked it to go buy cheese, and it bought you every single type of cheese until it couldn't carry/afford any more, and then brought it back, what would you be thinking? I'd be thinking that it's a retarded robot. THAT is in essence, SS Trade Slaves.

#MakeTradingGreatAgain

Makes too much sense, get the fuck outta here...

Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Lmfao!

Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:19 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

/signed.

I very much would like to be able to do more with what trading slaves I have.

Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Psionic Corps
Main: atsamaz
Level: 3980

/signed

Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Adding to this, I feel the limit on the orders you can give slaves is kinda redundant, if you're filling it it's either because the slave is traveling a considerably far distance, or trading far too many different things/or to too many places, both of which i feel would be inefficient in the first place. So why limit it at all? server constraints? If its a server issue perhaps i could at least suggest raising it considerably so that in almost any case you'd use a large amount of commands it wouldn't hinder you.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:04 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

atsamas wrote:
/signed

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:04 pm