Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Post Re: Master Account Proposal
Antilzah wrote:
I will use an example to check if I got this. Let's say I have 4 accounts and I merge them into one with this master account feature. Does that mean I will have total of 150 base slots combined spread across my four accounts any way I please?

Exactly yes, and you'd still be free to MC those 4 accounts at the same time if you wished.
Max235 wrote:
Imo it'd be hard to implement because people won't make master accounts. If you force them, they'll leave.

If they're using their extra accounts MOSTLY for the base slots, and not the ability to control multiple characters, to the extent they'd sooner unsub or quit if they lost their extra base slots after a uni reset BUT not the characters or MC'ing, then to be completely frank, they're the exact reason this suggestion even has to be mentioned in the first place imo.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:49 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3253

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Moonlightneo wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Imo it'd be hard to implement because people won't make master accounts. If you force them, they'll leave.

If they're using their extra accounts MOSTLY for the base slots, and not the ability to control multiple characters, to the extent they'd sooner unsub or quit if they lost their extra base slots after a uni reset BUT not the characters or MC'ing, then to be completely frank, they're the exact reason this suggestion even has to be mentioned in the first place imo.

It is no secret this suggestion is supposed to hit MCers where it hurts them most. SS basically has two paths; slow spiraling death with MCing encouraged or a crackdown and a slim chance Steam will save it.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:02 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Moonlightneo wrote:
Antilzah wrote:
I will use an example to check if I got this. Let's say I have 4 accounts and I merge them into one with this master account feature. Does that mean I will have total of 150 base slots combined spread across my four accounts any way I please?

Exactly yes, and you'd still be free to MC those 4 accounts at the same time if you wished.

Ok. Why would anyone ever downgrade into this master account system?

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:08 pm

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
It is no secret this suggestion is supposed to hit MCers where it hurts them most. SS basically has two paths; slow spiraling death with MCing encouraged or a crackdown and a slim chance Steam will save it.

Exactly, this is meant mostly to bring MC'ers in line with the average player, without making their investments completely null, since they can still MC, which is kind of the base point of even making a second(or more) account(s). If you have a second account mostly being used for base slots that under any regular MMO standards would be against the rules, that's abusing the system imho, and you deserve to lose that advantage.

There is only one other MMO in existence that i know of that potentially has the same P2W shit going on as SS. That's Archeage, because with another account you can make more characters, join the same guild, and own structures. Because iirc tax is calculated based on how many structures, and what kind of structures that the player has built, having several accounts bypasses the scaling, and lets you invest in more land for less loss in taxes. Not to mention you get another account for Labor usage. And you know what? Everywhere i look people are saying Archeage is being ruined by the P2W decisions the dev's made- and don't get me wrong, i've played Archeage, i've subbed Archeage, and i genuinely enjoyed it, but do i deny that it could be better? Not at all, And i feel the same about SS.

Antilzah wrote:
Ok. Why would anyone ever downgrade into this master account system?

Why? Simple, because if you're caught with multiple master accounts you'd risk getting any accounts found to affiliate with you banned. It's not meant to be a perfect solution- hell there is NO perfect solution to the issue of MC'ing, however, it brings MC'ers in line by removing the P2W aspect of literally subbing for extra base slots.

You want to MC? Sure, go right ahead.
You want to buy an advantage? Find a different game.

I don't count MC'ing as buying an advantage as it requires a single person to micromanage two, or more characters. The only reason this works in SS is because, in terms of AI and weapon feel at least, it's so slow paced that you can afford to do that micromanaging and survive, there are many a game that managing more than one character is nigh unheard of.

Last edited by Moonlightneo on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:18 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

This will never happen because game staff has better things to do than try to enforce this artificially created system / rule. It is impossible to enforce this. People can and will use excuse of something like their brothers playing with same IP. Real brothers using same IP wil get banned for no reason.

This will also never happen because we live in capitalistic world where money is a thing.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:22 pm

Suit yourself bro. Opinions are opinions.

I do agree it wouldn't be the easiest to enforce, but with the playerbase as small as it currently is, a player cant evade a ban(let alone several) forever without blatantly lying to everyone including their own teammates so that they don't get ratted out.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:27 pm
Main: Razzy
Level: 4064

I saw it suggested in this thread... You can easily fuck a lot of the MCers by adding more content that uses Oly mechanics, such as Zeus and his thunder, or Poseidon. Shits annoying :roll:

Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:03 pm
Main: Horacio
Level: 5678

This base slot debate is odd, if anything we should be striving for less multiple accounts but more Account Base Slots.

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:15 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

An even simpler solution would be to decouple base slots from accounts, that won't happen though. I don't believe your idea is a feasible solution either.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:09 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

The way all other multiplayer games (MMORPGs, MOBAs, MMOFPSs, etc) do it is that combat requires full active attention to your characters. You have spells/abilities to use, weapons to attack with, shields to block with, feet/engines/thrusters to move around with, and teammates to coordinate with. If you stop doing any or all of those things, you die at appropriate difficulty to your gear.

You flat out die. Then your teammates die. And the whole raid falls apart.

Star Sonata uses dumbed down passive mechanics to base content around. The players don't have to do much other than point ship in right direction and range. AI rarely do anything other than charge you like a brain dead zombie. It's easy. It's simple. It's casual to the point of stupidity.

And that's why MCing is so common. Most MCers don't MC to get more base slots. Only a select few people (the bulk on Zephyr or named Blizzara) opened new accounts specifically for more base slots. People open more accounts to MC content. If one person can do content with a 50/50 hit, then 2 accounts can do content with total guarantee. Three accounts make it trivial. And so on.

Almost every MCer I'm met, talked to, or seen has one, maybe two, characters per account. New MCers since the Base Account Slot Change do the same thing. They're not in it for the slots. They're in it because MCing allows you to do content above the level you can do solo, means you don't have to organize and coordinate with other players, and don't have to share loot afterwards.

The rewards outweigh the extra cost of subbing additional accounts by a large margin.

I'm actually fine with people MCing. I'm not fine with how easy it is to do so.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:21 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

OR we could all embrace MC and accept that SS is a way much more fun game when you are controlling multiple characters. Honestly if it werent for MCing i can say im %100 certain i would not play this game. Bit off topic sorry.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:39 pm

Go play a single player squad game, then.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:20 pm

Max235 wrote:
The way all other multiplayer games (MMORPGs, MOBAs, MMOFPSs, etc) do it is that combat requires full active attention to your characters. You have spells/abilities to use, weapons to attack with, shields to block with, feet/engines/thrusters to move around with, and teammates to coordinate with. If you stop doing any or all of those things, you die at appropriate difficulty to your gear.

You flat out die. Then your teammates die. And the whole raid falls apart.

Star Sonata uses dumbed down passive mechanics to base content around. The players don't have to do much other than point ship in right direction and range. AI rarely do anything other than charge you like a brain dead zombie. It's easy. It's simple. It's casual to the point of stupidity.

And that's why MCing is so common. Most MCers don't MC to get more base slots. Only a select few people (the bulk on Zephyr or named Blizzara) opened new accounts specifically for more base slots. People open more accounts to MC content. If one person can do content with a 50/50 hit, then 2 accounts can do content with total guarantee. Three accounts make it trivial. And so on.

Almost every MCer I'm met, talked to, or seen has one, maybe two, characters per account. New MCers since the Base Account Slot Change do the same thing. They're not in it for the slots. They're in it because MCing allows you to do content above the level you can do solo, means you don't have to organize and coordinate with other players, and don't have to share loot afterwards.

The rewards outweigh the extra cost of subbing additional accounts by a large margin.

I'm actually fine with people MCing. I'm not fine with how easy it is to do so.

Completely different subject, but this could've been solved ages ago by....updating the AI so they AREN'T brain dead zombies? Also, if the game was a bit faster paced all round that'd help a damn ton. Other than that, what you said seems to just reinforce my suggestion. If only a few people sub extras JUST for bases, then what's stopping this from taking effect in a uni reset? Only the people abusing it for the advantage will give a damn, MC'ing content remains in effect until devs make it obsolete by changing and enhancing content (SoonTM).

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Very few people opened extra accounts for the express purpose of getting more slots, though some people did. Furthermore, many people on both sides eventually used the extra base slots.

Already the admins have changed the field so that people with massive amounts of extra base slots have to conform to standard attack mechanic so they cannot leverage extra bases without spending more resources. The end result is that the resource cost to attack some really big galaxies reach up to their level of defense, meaning if you cannot or will not settle into the target galaxy after beating it, you spent all those resources for nothing because the defenders can rebuild in those same numbers elsewhere.

Many of us don't MC, but do use the extra base slots. Forcing all of us to conform to a "Master Account" will have 80-90% of the game unsub. Those that share accounts will also be gone.

If the issue is MCing equates to "I pay more, so I get more, ergo, I'm paying 2 win", then the solution is to allow people to MC, but make it harder to convey that advantage over other people, those that don't MC.

Give people the active tools to react and adapt to changing situations. Make AI smarter, more erratic, more tactics. Make battlefields and boss fights more dynamic, harder to predict, more instinctual, primal.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:26 pm

Max235 wrote:
Many of us don't MC, but do use the extra base slots. Forcing all of us to conform to a "Master Account" will have 80-90% of the game unsub. Those that share accounts will also be gone.

If people are unwilling to adapt back into what should have been normal for a single player in the first place, and insist that abusing those extra slots are deserved and fair.
Then you guys have really lost sight of the game from a balancing standpoint.

Personally i'm waiting for something similar to this game to come out and do it right from the beginning, because as it stands SS has nothing besides it's uniqueness and time invested from long time players keeping the game alive. This alone, imo, means that if a game comes out and has a similar concept and feel, SS will NOT be able to adapt fast enough.

Also from my understanding, all of those people that supposedly would "unsub" would probably still play on 1/2 accounts and not outright quit. A player that's spent several months into progression in SS usually sticks to it for a long time i've noticed, even if something fucks them over they still come back to it.
I also don't see how shared accounts would dissapear, i fail to see the connection.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:05 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next