Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Post Master Account Proposal
Inb4 salty MC'ers.

Straight to the point, i don't care if you guys sub that extra account to MC and solo content.
What i do care about is that you're paying for an advantage in base slots (specifically account slots, not really character slots).

My proposal is to turn SS into a Master Account system, where players can merge their currently unconnected accounts under a single Master Account.
Then future balance towards base slots can go under the Master Account, rather than the Sub Accounts, giving players that sub that extra account an advantage in characters that they can create and manage, but less of an advantage through being able to run an entire team solo if they simply had the resources and time to build the characters to do so, which is clearly a problem in the long term if we want a larger playerbase to stick around despite knowing that players are getting an advantage through using several accounts.

Obviously this would require illegalizing having multiple master accounts.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:28 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Razzy
Level: 4064

Post Re: Master Account Proposal
Moonlightneo wrote:
Inb4 salty MC'ers.

Obviously this would require illegalizing having multiple master accounts.

stay the fuck away from my accounts, you salty non-mcer.

:D

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:13 am

Nowhere did i say you couldn't keep your accounts, just that you'd lose the real advantage that subbing more than one would give.

At least with this in mind additional subs other than the first could be discounted as you'd lose out on some things that an account would normally yield. Unless of course base slots get an increase on totals that a master account can use, which would benefit everyone, not just MC'ers.

But hey, fuck the logical solutions right?

MC'ing will be the death of, or at least cause the game to be forced to survive under it's current circumstances until someone comes to their senses and fixes it, or it eventually does die, I sincerely doubt steam will make much of a difference if the influx of players is tossed in with people already allowed to MC with blatant advantages. If anything the root problem will get worse, since some players that stay from steam will just resort to the same rule; More accounts = Easier game, and stronger influence to basing.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:40 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

No one complains about people able to MC in WoW for a damn good reason. SS should reflect that.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:25 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Anything that sticks it to MCers has my vote.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:58 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

I think I don't understand this suggestion. You want more account base slots but you say you are only talking about base slots, not character slots. We already get 150 base slots per account and as a long time base builder I would not even want more than 150 slots for a single account. I would take two merchant fleet master characters over more other trade skills any day.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:26 am

Antilzah wrote:
I think I don't understand this suggestion. You want more account base slots but you say you are only talking about base slots, not character slots. We already get 150 base slots per account and as a long time base builder I would not even want more than 150 slots for a single account. I would take two merchant fleet master characters over more other trade skills any day.

I never said i wanted more account base slots, i don't know what you're reading, but this is about the fact that MULTICLIENTERS, currently get an advantage with account base slots, since SS Devs can't balance the game around multiple accounts (impossible without a change such as what i'm suggesting), so each account is treated individually. Anyone with 2 accounts has double the base slots, 3 gets triple...etc, do they ALL get used? fuck if i know, i'm sure some people abuse this a ton, and will likely be against this, since it promotes more TEAM building, and less pooling resources to one account and letting them run the main defences/prod.

More specifically, this is a proposal to MERGE current accounts under a MASTER account where several sub accounts by the same player are ruled, and instead of the current account slots being account based, they would be MASTER account based.
This means, even if you have and sub 10 accounts, you only get account slots equivalent to a single clienter, unless you make several MASTER accounts, which under the proposed change would violate ToS and be grounds for a permanent ban for any affiliated accounts (in my opinion).
HOWEVER, i DID mention that this could justify a slot increase globally for all Master accounts. Keyword "COULD", not SHOULD.

Edit: AND just for clarity, ALL of this is referring to BASE slots, not CHARACTER slots, i dont care that MCer's get and can make much more characters, it's the bases that feel unfair to me.

Last edited by Moonlightneo on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:39 am

Moonlightneo wrote:
Antilzah wrote:

I never said i wanted more account base slots, i don't know what you're reading, but this is about the fact that MULTICLIENTERS, currently get an advantage with account base slots, since SS Devs can't balance the game around multiple accounts (impossible without a change such as what i'm suggesting), so each account is treated individually. Anyone with 2 accounts has double the base slots, 3 gets triple...etc, do they ALL get used? fuck if i know, i'm sure some people abuse this a ton, and will likely be against this, since it promotes more TEAM building, and less pooling resources to one account and letting them run the main defences/prod.

More specifically, this is a proposal to MERGE current accounts under a MASTER account where several sub accounts by the same player are ruled, and instead of the current account slots being account based, they would be MASTER account based.
This means, even if you have and sub 10 accounts, you only get account slots equivalent to a single clienter, unless you make several MASTER accounts, which under the proposed change would violate ToS and be grounds for a permanent ban for any affiliated accounts (in my opinion).
HOWEVER, i DID mention that this could justify a slot increase globally for all Master accounts. Keyword "COULD", not SHOULD.

Honestly, let me just tell you this.

You stupid.

Not only would this affect base slots for all of us that have more than one account, but how about those of us that made a second account to have a SHM alt online all the time? Think of Adam with his 9 accounts that he runs for PPS. He would lose far too much. The game would die.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:54 am

Nobody loses their accounts, nor characters, just the base slot advantage, but yknow, It seems all of you arguing against it are tools that can't read and just talk out their asshole.
This doesnt prevent MC'ing, only the BASE SLOT ADVANTAGE that having a second, third, and so on account provides.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Okay genius, lets say we all consolidate our accounts.

Now what? You log in, and select a character. No big deal there, right?
But then you want to play two characters. Or three. Or all 12 that you may have had.
Now what? You log in again, and it boots you off the first client. You cant have more than one character logged in from the same account. This suggestion is a fail, just get more accounts if you want more base slots. The fact that you people will always argue about this is pathetic. We pay for more content, so we get more content. You pay for one account, and thats all you will get. One account, and one account of base slots. Dont fuck over everyone else because we pay a bit more to have more slots etc, just because you're a poor.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Are you really THAT dense?

MASTER ACCOUNT DOES NOT EQUAL SINGLE ACCOUNT.

Learn to freakin read.

The master account is merely the controller for the sub-accounts (or the actual accounts per se) that also happens to be what the game would rely on in determining how many base slots an account has, if attached to it.

This does NOT prevent people from using two sub-accounts to log in and MC as they usually do, How hard is that to understand, did i not portray that in my original post? Or are you incapable of reading anything besides the shit you dislike?

Also your argument at the end there is basically "i pay more therefore i deserve more" which is pay2win elitist Bullshit. Get the fuck out of here with that, You're literally the exact kind of person i despise if that's your mindset.

Last edited by Moonlightneo on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:55 pm

I still have no idea what this suggestion is about. Could you try explain it more clearly.

Razzy I will not read any of your posts until you use a text colour I can read.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:16 pm

Tl;DR

All players would be able to merge their currently seperated accounts under a single master account, whilst still being able to use each account seperately, but the base slots for each account would be determined based on the master account. Character slots and ability to MC are unaffected.

That simple enough?

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:20 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Account 1 = 150 base slots.
Account 2 = Another 150 base slots.

Master Account 1 = Account 1 + Account 2 = 150 base slots total.

I can still MC both A1 and A2, I just don't have 300 base slots.

Imo it'd be hard to implement because people won't make master accounts. If you force them, they'll leave.

The way to make MCing less of a huge benefit for those spending money (Pay2win aspect, you still spending more money to gain an advantage over those that spend for one account) is to make it harder for the average pleb MCer to MC. Make content require more effort that auto_fire and auto_brake. We're good if you need to devote as much attention to any character as you needed to devote to a 700 speed pvp SD panther of the old days.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Moonlightneo wrote:
Tl;DR

All players would be able to merge their currently seperated accounts under a single master account, whilst still being able to use each account seperately, but the base slots for each account would be determined based on the master account. Character slots and ability to MC are unaffected.

That simple enough?

I will use an example to check if I got this. Let's say I have 4 accounts and I merge them into one with this master account feature. Does that mean I will have total of 150 base slots combined spread across my four accounts any way I please?

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:37 pm