Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Master Account Proposal
Moonlightneo wrote:
It may be a possibility to remove base slots almost entirely from accounts, maybe give them a tiny amount each for unteamed chars/shop bases and such. And move slots over to a Team Maximum based on playercount in that team or something? This doesn't completely remove the MC advantage for slots, since MC'ers technically add slots to the team in question, but it gives a somewhat equal opportunity all round, it also doesn't have to be in the exact manner im stating, but something similar.

This would also put more emphasis on teamwork since all the slots are shared Team-wide, and there would need to be more thoughtwork put into how you'd build given the amount of slots you may have access to as a TEAM.

Edit: Forgive me if there already is a team base slot limit or something that i'm unaware of, but i googled and didn't find anything besides references to the old galaxy specific limits.

I really like this idea.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:44 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Razzy
Level: 4064

Razzy wrote:
I saw it suggested in this thread... You can easily fuck a lot of the MCers by adding more content that uses Oly mechanics, such as Zeus and his thunder, or Poseidon. Shits annoying :roll:

Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:00 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Team account slots? Multiple teams.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:25 pm
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Max235 wrote:
Team account slots? Multiple teams.

The way this was presented would require that each of those teams has the same amount of characters, and at that point you'd mightaswell have all of those chars on the same team.

This idea wouldn't eliminate the advantage, but it would spread it across the team that the characters are on, so that it fills a more strategic role by letting (and likely encouraging) players other than yourself use them.

Either way, it was an on the spot idea, so take it with a grain of salt.
And your attempts at finding every single abusable aspect no matter how silly is kind of funny.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:29 pm

Eve has the problem that you can simply use trash ships to completely overwhelm smaller alliances through sheer weight of number. No need for quality, or good people, or great tactics when you find 1000 Megathrons per Thorax your alliance fields.

The reason why MCing is so widespread is because of the *lack* of attention content requires. So to solve this, the solution is obvious. Make content require more attention. Simple.

I don't see why people are so against this. Well, I see why MCers are against it. But so far everyone but me have been trying to find an alternative solution to it. That's dozens of people. Everyone wants more complicated or arbitrary solutions that ultimately do less.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:00 pm

Max235 wrote:
Eve has the problem that you can simply use trash ships to completely overwhelm smaller alliances through sheer weight of number. No need for quality, or good people, or great tactics when you find 1000 Megathrons per Thorax your alliance fields.

The reason why MCing is so widespread is because of the *lack* of attention content requires. So to solve this, the solution is obvious. Make content require more attention. Simple.

I don't see why people are so against this. Well, I see why MCers are against it. But so far everyone but me have been trying to find an alternative solution to it. That's dozens of people. Everyone wants more complicated or arbitrary solutions that ultimately do less.

On the contrary actually, i would prefer MC'ing just cease to exist in general, or become impossible.

But unless you can convince someone to increase the speeds of both projectiles and ships, then there's not much point in saying "oh this game would be fine if content was harder"
because no dev (to my knowledge) is going to go around and change EVERY. SINGLE. AI- AND Mission, just to make the game harder to MC with similarly leveled characters to the content in question.

And even IF these changes DO happen, it won't change the fact that with the current system Base Slots present an advantage in and of themselves, making Multi-accounting still a viable option after the Multi-clienting is killed, just cus slots.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:16 pm

No, no *single* developer would do it. But if ordered to do it by Jeff, then they have to do it or give up their developer rank. This current generation of developers, with except of one or more like Colossal, put the balance of the game ahead of their player character power, and if a huge ass nerf was needed, they are at the front of bringing this nerf to fruition.

I've been researching ways to accomplish this change, and ultimately what I concluded was you can either do it the easy way and have all sorts of loopholes or politics issues that are hard to control/require considerable additional enforcing...

...Or you do it the hard way, with the big upfront cost but the end all solution. I'm in favor of the latter because we've had a decade of sniving, cheating, loophole searching people, developers and players alike, and it's impossible to fully stamp out casual MCing without putting a stake through the sole reason people can MC casually.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:58 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

As a development team we are committed to doing whatever is neccessary from a design standpoint, no developer is against doing what is best for the game as a whole.

About base slots though? Will see what we can do as the game progresses, there's a growing opinion that the current base slot system may be subpar amongst some of us. This may or may not translate into a different system, but I will definitely say that the idea you have proposed is a good one imo.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:24 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

I think current base system is quite alright. We recently upgraded into 150 base slot per account system. Multi-acc owners still get a massive benefit but single acc owners got quite a significant boost. The way I see it, there will always be major advantage for multi-acc users no matter how our system works. Smart players will always find abusable features. I would prefer to use dev power for other areas.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:45 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

out of interest how many bases slots was the OP using this uni?

Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:47 am
Profile WWW
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Max235 wrote:
No, no *single* developer would do it. But if ordered to do it by Jeff, then they have to do it or give up their developer rank. This current generation of developers, with except of one or more like Colossal, put the balance of the game ahead of their player character power, and if a huge ass nerf was needed, they are at the front of bringing this nerf to fruition.

I've been researching ways to accomplish this change, and ultimately what I concluded was you can either do it the easy way and have all sorts of loopholes or politics issues that are hard to control/require considerable additional enforcing...

...Or you do it the hard way, with the big upfront cost but the end all solution. I'm in favor of the latter because we've had a decade of sniving, cheating, loophole searching people, developers and players alike, and it's impossible to fully stamp out casual MCing without putting a stake through the sole reason people can MC casually.

Story time!

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:02 am
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

This wont work, It cant be done as each account has no link to another account.

Currently you can only lay 4 ada kits on 1 account without station research. You say its not fair because you dont MC? It is fair to build more kits requires more money.

Most MCers only have 1 char per account. You have 5 alts on 1 account that can lay the same kit output so this cancels your suggestion.

Tbh this suggestion is just retarded. Say if i quit the game, gave my accounts to a friend, he wouldn't be able to build bases because of this shit as all bases slots would be on only 1 account. Just no....

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:17 am

Moonlightneo wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
If you want to make some sort of suggestion that has any remote chance of being considered, figure out how to seperate base slots from accounts without drastically increasing the amount of bases decide people lay.

Perhaps this is a retarded idea, but i'll say it while it's in mind just for the sake of criticism, hell i might just be repeating something someone else already thought of.

It may be a possibility to remove base slots almost entirely from accounts, maybe give them a tiny amount each for unteamed chars/shop bases and such. And move slots over to a Team Maximum based on playercount in that team or something? This doesn't completely remove the MC advantage for slots, since MC'ers technically add slots to the team in question, but it gives a somewhat equal opportunity all round, it also doesn't have to be in the exact manner im stating, but something similar.

This would also put more emphasis on teamwork since all the slots are shared Team-wide, and there would need to be more thoughtwork put into how you'd build given the amount of slots you may have access to as a TEAM.

Edit: Forgive me if there already is a team base slot limit or something that i'm unaware of, but i googled and didn't find anything besides references to the old galaxy specific limits.

This was just something i thought up on the spot.

Also most MC'ers only have 1 char per acc? Lol, that's hilarious. Why dont dev's just let people connect to the same account on diff chars and be done with this crap then?

Oh right, the monetary excuse that "Jeff would lose income".

Tbh, i'm more inclined to believe you're spouting bullshit based on what you, alone, do with your MC'ing.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:38 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Moonlightneo wrote:
Also most MC'ers only have 1 char per acc? Lol, that's hilarious. Why dont dev's just let people connect to the same account on diff chars and be done with this crap then?

That would be interesting.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:40 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

there is one solution that doesn't lose Jeff money and that is increase the player base, however that would require the devs not to focus on the endgame, which they dont like as they dont get paid.

When they made Olympus they said the boss scripting would be so awesome you would not be able to MC, turns out there was no scripting and just millions of bank.

When they made Alien t22 they said the boss scripting would be so awesome you would not be able to MC, turns out there was no scripting and just millions of regen.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next