Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Post An idea regarding the new Hull change
This is a possible solution to the "Big Items" bias that the system i've heard is being considered the most.

Augmenter Datamass: New item, probably low size, adds Augmenter specific storage for up to however many aug's people feel would be fair. Logically I'd say this should scale by total Hull, or have differing types for each hull, but that'd reinforce big hull bias in terms of cargo.
Could potentially just be built into every playership, or a relatively simple to obtain item.
Limit of 1 Equipped.

Neuromass: New item, also probably low size, adds Neurotweak specific storage for however many Neurotweaks people feel would be fair. Otherwise fundamentally identical to the Aug Datamass.

both storages would store picked up items of the relevant type, but these items cannot be used. Debatable for Neuromass, you could potentially be able to move them to reg storage, but when you do they would be incapable of being put back. If dropped, like the proposed new Hull idea they would retain a tag that makes them scoop into their respective specific storage (if available), else the tag is removed and it scoops into reg hull.

Both of these would likely impart their held weight to the ship, and only really provide storage for these rather abundant drops that tend to fill a surprisingly high amount of hull.

Names are just thought up on the spot and could be changed. Just wanted to get this idea out there.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:32 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: An idea regarding the new Hull change
We already have a more streamlined solution to this, called Cargo Slots. It's been held up a bit because the lead dev on the project is also responsible for the Steam launch, but it'll go through as soon as he is able to devote some time to it.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:23 am

I was referring to the cargo slots concept with this idea in the first place, because as far as i was aware, what i saw of it made it out to benefit (and bias) large sized items, and the smaller items such as augs and tweaks were left out of the picture.
Basically i just feel it'd be ideal to have a solid solution to carrying fair quantities of augs and tweaks that drop abundantly everywhere, whether it be built into the cargo slots, or a seperate item.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:31 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Moonlightneo wrote:
I was referring to the cargo slots concept with this idea in the first place, because as far as i was aware, what i saw of it made it out to benefit (and bias) large sized items, and the smaller items such as augs and tweaks were left out of the picture.
Basically i just feel it'd be ideal to have a solid solution to carrying fair quantities of augs and tweaks that drop abundantly everywhere, whether it be built into the cargo slots, or a seperate item.

Once we have larger items being stored as cargo it will be a lot easier to pick up these small items (which will also scoop initially as cargo but will then get shunted into regular hull space, if there's room, as you pick up larger things).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:52 am

Light fighters still would like a word with you.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 am