Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Post new fighters - some bugs, changes, and even 1 nerf needed
First off great job on the overall fighter revamp. Fighters are actually useful again and I have waited almost 7 years for this. Here are my initial observations and some things which may be bugs or need to be changed or looked at:

-Fighters are now viable and useful for NON-FCs to use them, which puts them more aligned with missiles now. A good change in my opinion for other classes.
-Overall DPS is great. Fighters will now take more of a role for FCs than Wild Slaves, which is how it should be I think.
-They are incredibly expensive to launch (3 Cerbs take about 200k energy to launch) so many FCs will probably need to do some re-augging for energy regen which is fine.
-Giving most fighters the follow and retarget command is great and helps a ton.
-Fighter powerfulness now corresponds with level. Lice fighters for example are no longer that badass compared to higher level ones (ive already dps tested them).

Some possible bugs?:
-None of my fighters have followed me through fleet Transwarp like they were suppose to, I assume this is a bug.
-Fighter retargetting doesnt seem to work on enemy drones. I have to recall the fighters then manually select the drone and launch them to attack, seems like a bug.
-Fighters dont appear to be getting any speed bonus from the flight controller skill, or that skill no longer gives a speed bonus, or they were purposely slowed down. The fighters are very slow now reminiscent of their speed back when i was a noob and had no fighters bonuses. Was this intended?
-The class locked fighter generator missions (cerb, pax peacemaker, delta, qoju) are currently not available (but Hober mentioned he knew about this already).
-Certain fighters, Juji, pax cosmos, still break down into individual fighters when you open their packs, instead of the generators.
-EDIT: Pre-patch I believe if you used fighter recall device it would also recall the fighters launched from your slaves. Currently it does not though, and only affects fighters launched from your main ship.

OP bug/feature on the new fighters which prob needs to be nerfed:
-I love these new fighters but they are too OP right now because the main balancing mechanism for these ultra powerful, zero size, infinite fighters was the size of the generators themselves, and the mechanic is currently broken. The t22 gen i have on me is 700 size so it does in fact provide a real limitation I have to weigh options against, BUT the problem is you can just generate a bunch of fighters from EACH generator, then dump the generators. Currently I have 143 zero-size fighters on me from multiple different generators. At this point I have so many on me I can now dump all the generators back at base and totally remove the intended balancing mechanism.

Suggestion to fix: Honestly given how powerful fighters are, you should not be able to launch them without the balancing mechanism of the generator on your ship. I would recommend a hard requirement that you can not launch any fighter where you dont have the current generator equipped. That would fix this and bring the balancing trade off back into play. Or have some negatives for launching fighters with no generator equipped.

Great job though to Hober on this revamp, was a long time coming.

Last edited by dreadlordnaf on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:49 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: new fighters - some bugs, changes, and even 1 nerf neede
Nice, that's some great feedback im happy the fighters are working out.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:12 am
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

And allow the "destroying" of fighters so we don't end up with a long list of unwanted fighters.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

One more bug to add:

-Pre-patch I believe if you used fighter recall device it would also recall the fighters launched from your slaves. Currently it does not though, and only affects fighters launched from your main ship.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:38 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

I do not have a generator to test with, but has anyone considered the possible implications of "exploding rat kittens" functionally being an infinite supply of tech 0 missiles?

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:26 pm
Main: Thick Black Long Coffee
Level: 4536

Wow that's an amazing bug to take advantage of. Kind of smart too to accumulate all those 0 sized slaves.

Would be nice to have the wiki updated on fighters and fighter gens

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:07 am