Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post T19 ships built for sale to f2p, but ai base for p2ps
Some of these ships are pretty cool and should be available to f2p (looking at you Hotrod Ultimate), but at the same time should be relatively simple to get if you're p2p, because as of right now the people who would use these as a main ship tend to be f2p, not p2p.

These ships should be bought in Perilous Space. You can only go there if you're P2p anyways. You'd buy the Blueprint to these ships there as well, so as a p2p, you can turn around, build the ships, and sell to f2ps.

Hotrod Ultimate - The End of the Universe.
Earthforce Overload Prototype - Blue Photon Processing.
Marshal - Biologique.
Cherub - The Dark.
Testudo - Rocky Horror.
Any other ships that fit into this ideal.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:39 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Re: T19 ships built for sale to f2p, but ai base for p2ps
HRU location was changed.

This thread makes perfect sense.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:47 am

Yes I know it was changed to Micron. It was originally released to be bought at EOTU, which I feel is a perfectly acceptable home based on this train of thought.

I was thinking to myself that if it wasn't for the power and variation of T20 augs, even low end T20 augs, that I would recommend a lot of T20 entry level ships for my lower level teammates. But I WOULD recommend those T19 ships...except that if I'm p2p...I'll probably be able to jump into a higher end T20 ship/entry T21 ship in a week, so why would I bother building one of these ships?

However, f2ps are limited to P19 and these ships are pretty good for f2p. I'd also like to make a decent buck off my storage. :P

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

This is a catasrophicly bad idea. We just had to move bonnet back down to ef layer becouse it was inaccessable to the people who needed it and the people who could access it did not give a fart about lower level f2p.

Look at mc right now. How many adonic mag cannon BP's do you see? Paximinus hybridisations? Shrimp hybrid bp's? This would be the same. Content would be out of reach of those who need it and stay that was becouse of anti f2p biase.

You want more people to pay you money? Get steam luanched.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Bonnet is T13, T15, and T16. I don't see any Tech *Nineteen* ships available from it.

Most if not all P2ps subscribe at a point where they can easily level up core skills and grab a T20 ship. The sheer power of even entry level T20 augs outweigh the greater power of these T19 ships. There is no reason a P2p shouldn't be able to get these ships for cheap. It's not a big deal to fly a disposable travel ship to these places, buy the ship they actually want to use, and tow to Sol. People did that with Kalthi ships in Paxian Stronghold when you were 100% guaranteed to get one shotted and forced to tow.

As for the f2ps, these ships represent a build that they cannot actually *get* done by themselves. They're Tech Nineteen ships. You HAVE to get a subscriber to obtain the blueprint for you beforehand, 100% of the time.

My suggestion is to make these very ships essentially free to subscribers (even 500m cost is basically free since the build costs of entry level T20s is at least 1b value), as a gift for subscribing and a hope to actually get them used by lower level p2ps.

I don't know what kind of drugs you got high on, Rend, but this suggestion has NOTHING to do with withholding any current content from f2p.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Max235 wrote:
As for the f2ps, these ships represent a build that they cannot actually *get* done by themselves. They're Tech Nineteen ships. You HAVE to get a subscriber to obtain the blueprint for you beforehand, 100% of the time.

As of a week ago, no. Right now you can equip BP's based on you equipment tech, not your station mastery. Which means if I wanted to go buy an overloader proto BP and throw it on my t16 mining base, I can. Right now.

So, at present the only one of these that requires a p2p to get is the hotrod. I would like to propose a hotrod bp be made a rare loot drop off of vultures, or some other equally annoying ef mob.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:57 pm

Yes, I forgot about that. I still see nowhere that this suggestion attempts to *limit* f2ps, as per your original response and no follow up.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Max235 wrote:

These ships should be bought in Perilous Space. You can only go there if you're P2p anyways. You'd buy the Blueprint to these ships there as well, so as a p2p, you can turn around, build the ships, and sell to f2ps.

This statement implies that these ships would no longer be available at their current locations, thus preventing anyone who does not know any p2p players, or has some beef with all those that they know, from getting these ships.

Now, if the BP's are to remain at their current locations in addition to the peri location, that is fine. But I again reiterate my request that an ef ultra hotrod location be added.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:50 pm

lrellok wrote:
Now, if the BP's are to remain at their current locations in addition to the peri location

That was the implication....

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Max235 wrote:
lrellok wrote:
Now, if the BP's are to remain at their current locations in addition to the peri location

That was the implication....

In that case i have no serious objections, however i would still like to have Hotrod Ultima added to EF layer.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:42 am

Hotrod Ultimate is in EF layer now.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:09 am
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

Antilzah wrote:
Hotrod Ultimate is in EF layer now.

It was moved back in The end of the Universe again iirc.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Ok wtf.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:07 am