Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post redo the entire DG drop system.
I have now asked 5 differnt people how dungeon galaxy drops work and gotten 6 differant answers. It is increasingly apparent that the existing DG system was a poorly concieved mess and needs to be reworked.

NOTE; anyone who opposes the above, I want the name of a dg I farm to get a hydroponics at the start of your answer.

I would like to lay out a few broad suggestion for any new system.

A). All drops tables are based on the df level of the system the dg is attached to.

B) no one df range drops more then a dozen items. If you want to hit df 50 all day long, you too can end up with half a dozen canneries.

C) items can be on multiple df's. So both df 50 and df 90 can drop canneries.

D) minimise the trash. I have no clue who came up with a 400 size shield charge, but I am not scooping it. Ever.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:08 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Tholyn
Level: 2707

Post Re: redo the entire DG drop system.
+1

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:46 pm
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Better yet, just redo the entire droplist of non-special AI.

Make specific enemies drop a specific list of shit that would make at least some sense for them to have possibly been carrying.

Make DG Bosses drop an entirely DIFFERENT list of shit DIRECTLY related to the exact DF of the originating Galaxy (ideally unrelated to the DF of the DG itself), and Publicize this list so the entire userbase knows what DG's they can run to drop whichever notable items they may want just by looking it up.

Quote:
A). All drops tables are based on the df level of the system the dg is attached to.
Agreed, as i realize i said pretty much the same thing.

Quote:
B) no one df range drops more then a dozen items. If you want to hit df 50 all day long, you too can end up with half a dozen canneries.
Eh, semi agreed, most items should honestly be put in stations to buy (in the case of things that are legit goddamn worthless anyways) or if anything, an RNG from AI that spawn with items they can feasibly carry, imo. This'd leave room for DG's and bosses to actually yield rewards, and would give players a more obvious route to the drops they need. IE: you need a huge item? hunt non-DG freighters, or memorize DG's with big freighters in them to clear for the much higher chance at getting that large item spawn.

Quote:
C) items can be on multiple df's. So both df 50 and df 90 can drop canneries.

Agreed.
Quote:
D) minimise the trash. I have no clue who came up with a 400 size shield charge, but I am not scooping it. Ever.
Agreed, but to add to this, same as what i said to B

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:44 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

So what would be the point of running a 16 level deep dg vs a 2 level dg if they're in the same galaxy under this proposal?

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:44 am

DarkSteel wrote:
So what would be the point of running a 16 level deep dg vs a 2 level dg if they're in the same galaxy under this proposal?

The loot would apply to the Boss at then end, not the mobs in between. A 16 level DG filled with rosies when i want 6 two dosen roses augs for HPS bots....GIMME!

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

This is my idea.

1. DF of the outside galaxy determines the overall loot table range. A DF0 DG could use the same range as a DF20 DG.

2. Depth of DG determines how many rolls or bundles of loot from this table can appear. A 16 level DG would see something like 3x more loot than a 4 level DG.

3. The boss ship adds a special drop table to the mix, based on the ship. A Blue Gamma boss has a drop table relating to higher end Blue Pirate gear, while an Ohm boss has Ohm-related gear in its drop table.

4. "DF" of dungeon levels continue to increase, meaning a long enough dungeon can go past areas you may be comfortable playing in. Eg, You start at a DF150 entrance with Rosemary AI, but end at a level where you have Icepick Hunters.

5. The guards in the Boss room are of the same DF as the AI in the previous level, but never the exact same ones. Like, previous room was 7 Forgones. The Boss room has 6-8 AI from the same DF pool as Forgones, but won't actually be Forgones. They could be Vultures. In this example, you would *never* find MF Basil guards in the boss room despite slugging through Angry Icepick levels.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:46 am

Max235 wrote:
This is my idea.

1. DF of the outside galaxy determines the overall loot table range. A DF0 DG could use the same range as a DF20 DG.

2. Depth of DG determines how many rolls or bundles of loot from this table can appear. A 16 level DG would see something like 3x more loot than a 4 level DG.

3. The boss ship adds a special drop table to the mix, based on the ship. A Blue Gamma boss has a drop table relating to higher end Blue Pirate gear, while an Ohm boss has Ohm-related gear in its drop table.

4. "DF" of dungeon levels continue to increase, meaning a long enough dungeon can go past areas you may be comfortable playing in. Eg, You start at a DF150 entrance with Rosemary AI, but end at a level where you have Icepick Hunters.

5. The guards in the Boss room are of the same DF as the AI in the previous level, but never the exact same ones. Like, previous room was 7 Forgones. The Boss room has 6-8 AI from the same DF pool as Forgones, but won't actually be Forgones. They could be Vultures. In this example, you would *never* find MF Basil guards in the boss room despite slugging through Angry Icepick levels.

The "Loot Table Range" is exactly the thing i am complaining about, but other then that i concur. Good solution to longer dungeons, i like.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:13 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

I personally like the tech level of the boss ship facet. It means encountering a longer lower DF DG can get the same loot as a higher DF shorter DG because the bosses are the same.

However, this is not very clear and people rarely know the actual tech of bosses besides the T20 ones (because they capture them for wild slaves).

But people KNOW the DF of the external galaxy where the DG is located. So finding some way to base the overall loot table on that, and then specific tables on the boss' ship, the amount of loot according to the depth, is imo the way to go.

I'd suggest that certain loot (such as dem/dem frags) be available to all DF ranges and it be removed from specific ranges altogether.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:40 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

lrellok wrote:
I have now asked 5 differnt people how dungeon galaxy drops work and gotten 6 differant answers. It is increasingly apparent that the existing DG system was a poorly concieved mess and needs to be reworked.

NOTE; anyone who opposes the above, I want the name of a dg I farm to get a hydroponics at the start of your answer.

Around DF50~60, DF180~200, and DF280~320, at a guess. Depends how long the DG is and some randomisation.

Who'd you ask?

Support

Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 pm