Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Post Turn /MC into a super item (or get rid of it)
I have been opposed to /mc from day one, and still am. It is an overpowered function, does not let players use marketing efficiently for the most part.

Obviously what I would like to see is to simply delete this content, it would greatly help with player dynamics and social interactions.

But since this is not going to happen, how about making it some sort of scanner, you can only use the said function if you are on the ship that has this item. This item should be 10k size, or something stupid. Or maybe even a built base item that is sticky to your base for the universe. (although MCing kind of makes it useless)

That being said, get rid of /mc, thx

Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:56 am
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Post Re: Turn /MC into a super item (or get rid of it)
No. -1

At best just fully implement the fucking feature but only allow access when docked, make it a special tab on stations.

But this is never going to be removed, fat chance. Gl with that goal.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:16 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I'd rather go in a completely opposite direction, if it were up to me. I'd rather we just set up an Auction House that people can put their items on to sell to other people so you don't even need a station. Everyone just builds a base in the places where they can't lose anything, so what's the point of making them put the items on a base to sell from it? Especially with the market checker...

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 am

That's an idea. But make sure that you physically have to get to the auction house to buy items.

Also, implement some sort of tax system for auction house (AH) use to leak credits out of the economy.

Could make 4-5 different auction house areas, items put for auction remain in that specific auction house. Only way to check the items/prices is to physically go to that AH.

My biggest thing against /mc is that it took away a merchant aspect of SS. Back in the days, as a noob you could write down cost/price in each store and actually make money by connecting the dots. Dementium used to be a hot commodity to merchant around, you could make a good chunk of change by running these items from shop to shop.

I feel that sort of content is a very important mid game introduction to mid-end game players as it gives you in-depth understanding of the market and how they are affected.

I would be a huge fan if some sort of commodities or stock market was created. Or a Commodities Market where you can track volumes of commodities transferred or sold by slaves, or consumed by builds. Or even special commodities prospected, scooped in DGs. Beyond the point of this post though.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 am
Team: The Blazing Phoenix
Main: USSGalaxy
Level: 4096

Hilariously enough some people don't check /mc when they put stuff up. I still find items that make me upwards of 3b for about 5min of my time buying from one guy and selling to another. Not much now that I'm where I'm at. But, it was free money.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:25 am
Main: darksathe
Level: 4084

I am 100% opposed to a central selling place. RuneScape tried to do this with the grand exchange and in my opinion it destroyed the game. We don't need any more ways to kill community.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:17 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Given that the character of shop gals is already gone, people all build shops in one safe space centrally on the whole. Might as well do auction house. And tax it like he said.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
@original suggestion:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA No.

@auction houses, distributed:

See above.

@auction house, single, checkable from any station in the game:

Yes please.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:10 pm
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

I dont quite understand the desire to make checking the market prices more painful, harder, and time consuming.... That just stagnates the player based economy even more so. All getting rid of /mc would do is cause people to start spamming trade chat and trade discord channel then a few enterprising individuals would make some script thing to track that all anyway, giving an exclusive few the same access to the existing /mc while screwing everyone else over who doesnt have time or expertise to do that.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 am

The great thing on when mc did not exist, it forced players to actually interact with each other. I created a stronger community both on direct chat, and the use of forums.

I am a fan of the old, archaic, system we had because of these benefits. One of the greatest issues in the game currently is how the community of broken up.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:45 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

What if you're not in the same timezone or free when the people who know what you're looking for are around?

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

dreadlordnaf wrote:
I dont quite understand the desire to make checking the market prices more painful, harder, and time consuming.... That just stagnates the player based economy even more so. All getting rid of /mc would do is cause people to start spamming trade chat and trade discord channel then a few enterprising individuals would make some script thing to track that all anyway, giving an exclusive few the same access to the existing /mc while screwing everyone else over who doesnt have time or expertise to do that.

millennials huh, never ran prom WITH A NOTEPAD in their FRICKEN LIVES!

the old days are gone it wasnt that great, I would of sooner ran IC's like we have now, apparently its very lucrative and many manual arbitrage opportunities abound!

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

I don't really mind how it works right now.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

I would just stop playing or do everything in team. Theres like 300 shops across 20 galaxies and none of them have a search bar. There are hundreds of items I want to eventually buy.

Removing MC hurts all the little guys because no one would be assed to remember more than one or two well known shops, like bob's or Insanity's.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm