Team: Soup
Main: Prolex
Level: 2240

Post Random Scripted Events as Missions
Heya,

Seems as though space seems pretty uneventful other than for swarms of aggro AI, and the occasional roaming uber. Sometimes, AI attack other AI... what if we expanded from this?

Scripted events for players, in the form of brief missions with their probability of occurrence and difficulty dependent on danger factor, etc., would help 'worldbuilding' SS more (with the alien lore and backstories etc.) and add eventfulness to the universe.

Examples:
- In low DF, Volcom and Blue pirates teamed up to attack some Star-runners and Traders (Rosfire AI).
- Nearby players of a suitable level range (0-2 galaxies away) get an optional mission (e.g. Help defend merchants until the Earthforce Patrol arrives). Players are rewarded with, for example, a Trader Insignia or an Enforcer Rank for completion, alongside complementary credits and experience.

- In middling DF, a few Paxian ships warp in, followed by a small fleet of attacking UrQa.
(e.g. Save the Paxians in Galaxy X: kill the UrQa, etc.) which players can accept.
- Upon completion (few minutes), they receive a small amount of experience, credits, and perhaps something relevant--such as a Pax Medallion.

- In mid-high DF, outnumbered 'Earthforce Taskforce' ships take on a squad of Green Battleships and Bigger Greens: players are rewarded with an Earthforce Defense Token, etc. (For drop rarity, scripted AI do not have to drop their usual commods etc.)

Hopefully you get the idea by now! There are many ways this can be taken (Bounty missions: "Roaming Uber X is nearby", extermination missions: "Copperlings have escaped Copper", defense missions: "UrQa have returned to Hyperion", etc). I'm sure many people have had similar suggestions (temporary DG warps, special DG bosses) which are along similar lines. These don't have to involve new content, and could include pre-existing things such as naturally spawning ruin bases, termites, etc.. I think it's a great way to make the game more engaging towards players and create a livelier atmosphere in general.

Definitely not a priority, but would just as definitely be an interesting addition :D

Last edited by prolex on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:25 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: Random Scripted Events as Missions
I like the idea, will make a note of it. It may not be possible to do it right now, but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:00 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Random Scripted Events as Missions
MasterTrader wrote:
I like the idea, will make a note of it. It may not be possible to do it right now, but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Could use scripting similar to Hermes, yeah? Except make it so that when the ship hits like half health just make it shout something about a transwarp beacon and then spawn like 10 ships, and shout something about calling in reinforcements in galaxy chat?

Or actually have it drop an actual small transwarp beacon, and spawn the ships. That would make it obvious to the player what was going on.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:17 pm