Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post Make Terraforming BP give a perminent item.
Anyone paying attention to the prices of terreforming comodities the last couple of unis will notice that they are off the rails. Funky Furniture is at 200,000 each, Psion Icicles are the same, Cyborgs would be half a million if i was not putting the brakes on that shat, ditto with Computers, and Dark Matter is 70 million and up. This is on top of the fact that even with a solid planet it would take a couple of weeks to get the materials for Greenhouse Project together.

Clearly, this is a problem. The massive overpricing indicates that the market is either under-supplied or over demanded. Since the factories are perfectly available, i doubt it is a supply problem, so clearly the demand for these items is through the roof.

I would like to suggest a remedy. Instead of having to rebuild the terraforming items every single uni, make them base equip-able permanent items. As a resource sink, have them require fuel to continue to function; Whisky and Baobobs for greenhouse, Gravity controllers for grav (they burn out), Fembots for Noxios (burns out too), ect ect.

This would allow people to not have quite so much upfront build cost on colonies, while decreasing the overall cost of maintaining them significantly

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:27 pm
Team: X_X
Main: Evangelion
Level: 118

Post Re: Make Terraforming BP give a perminent item.
this only a problem for newbs endgame players in endgame teams have it easier because they find the planets with these materials that can only be extracted weak teams dont get a chance to find many planets with those commonds because if a endgame players scans the place and lets say you own this place they will
1. Buy the galaxy from you
2. Destroy and Take Over

Most of the times i had a team that wanted to buy my galaxy because it had 2 Ada planets and other reasons when i refuse they came in a large squad and BvB or PvB my Galaxy untill they forced me to move because a mid game player doesnt have a chance to compete against a Endgame team

just join a strong team like Traders or EF and no one fucks with you :lol: (out of subject)

Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:31 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

if its not a supply problem why aren't there people undercutting those sellers looking to take a mega profit from the "huge demand"?

I do like your idea of fuelling though, seems more logical than everyone make a bunch of arbitary widgets at end of one uni to immediately consume in period one in the next uni, just to continue business.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Sounds cool, but it needs new coding for a very minor improvement. So realistically this will be extremely low priority and probably never happen.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:59 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

More than likely there is just not enough profit in it for sellers to compete in the market. It never even occurred to me to try to sell terraforming commods since they are trivial to manufacture.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:03 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

anilv wrote:
More than likely there is just not enough profit in it for sellers to compete in the market. It never even occurred to me to try to sell terraforming commods since they are trivial to manufacture.

Pretty much, provided you have the prod and the bps for the factories.

If you do not, you're subject to the market whims. I had to buy my Gravity Controller factory bp for 10b because they were that rare apparently, or no one could be assed to find it in their storage.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:31 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

sabre198 wrote:
if its not a supply problem why aren't there people undercutting those sellers looking to take a mega profit from the "huge demand"?

I do like your idea of fuelling though, seems more logical than everyone make a bunch of arbitary widgets at end of one uni to immediately consume in period one in the next uni, just to continue business.

Because this isn't real life and people can't be bothered for small profit margins. If this was real life trust and believe they'd do it lol.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

This is not a good idea in terms of how OP it is. It will make colony building much too easy.

Instead of making it a permanent item, just allow players to build them on a prod then move them to the appropriate base. But make the item sticky and destroyed at uni reset.

Terraforming is not overpriced at all. It takes a lot of commodities, but overall the return on the colony is insane compared to what you put in other than your effort. I actually feel it is one of the more balanced content in the game currently.

I would also suggest to make these items rather large (50k+ in size) just so you cant go from gal to gal with a DF and do everything in one go. Terrible idea to get rid of the grinding aspect in this game, since once you are done grinding bases they require very little maintenance.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

The issue you're seeing Rendghast is more that the commodities are never being sold. Because there's not much reason to. Most people build them for their own personal use and then just toss extras on a trade bay for a ridiculous price. They're not hard to build either, buying them is very nearly the worst financial decision I can imagine. This is simply because anyone making them is probably using them, and anyone making them to sell to others is just taking advantage of an open market space where they can charge absurd prices for cheap, easy to manufacture materials.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:00 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Here's a example of the issue, the item should disappear into the base but remains as a item currently. Suit isn't affected when equip either.

terraform_commodity.webm

Yes I was previously testing/checking the Annihilator Thruster to other engines. :P

Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:15 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

reyjalrmm wrote:
This is not a good idea in terms of how OP it is. It will make colony building much too easy.

Colony building is already "too easy". Any sane person doing colonies uses a Brake item and a large ship to move commods around.

What making colony terraforming items huge will affect is low level colony builders, people trying colonies for the first time.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:24 am

like they guy said use the commod base to fuel the item, if the fuel stops the suit drops.

The colo whore must keep an active nextwork of trade routes suplying these things. I like it.

the more you supply in the better the suit it gives (twards its max) that way even noobs can get a little 1%.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

To be honest I think there would be a pretty good market for equipable Terra form upgrades which would open colony building up for the lowbies amongst us

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:56 am

if you make them unequippable yes.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

sabre198 wrote:
if you make them unequippable yes.

I do hope you understand the implications of such a action where movable terraform(s) is a thing?

Things I see is killing the terraforming market and building terraforms obsolete with movable base to base option.

If its the latter that just un-equipping them is required then why (base-bound)?

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:30 am