Team: The Blazing Phoenix
Main: USSGalaxy
Level: 4096

Post Allow Blueprints to Pull Shipformed Ships
See title, bit more description, basically if you have the ship form required commod ship in the base it asks the little popup if you want to use a ship form to start the build.

Fri May 05, 2017 4:51 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Allow Blueprints to Pull Shipformed Ships
USSGalaxy wrote:
See title, bit more description, basically if you have the ship form required commod ship in the base it asks the little popup if you want to use a ship form to start the build.

Which blueprint are you referring to? We have been moving away from requiring ships as build ingredients in the first place.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri May 05, 2017 11:18 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Most if not all ship upgrades pop out an item rather than the full ship, and the devteam have been working to remove the ship itself cost from the blueprint. You would need the original ship so without it, the item is worthless.

But I am with enk. Which blueprint?

Fri May 05, 2017 11:44 am

Was largely talking about all these twisted ones requiring Fwings, Death Stikers. I'm sure a bunch of people have FWings laying around from when the people used them as trade slaves, in slave form. Could see the only issue being canceling the build and then retrieving an itemform for free. I also believe PBF takes a Rosie and a Dread. There are a few bps that take ships.

Thu May 11, 2017 8:45 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

PBF pulls from a Dread and a Pax Astro, neither of which are lower tech PBFs. They're also cheap enough to build on a whim.

Death Strikers use an ancient ship for the basis of the new ship's form. The Faranji Wingship is not actually a lower tech Wingship or Death Striker (which is actually is its own lowest tech version).

Sorry bud, but that's the response I got months ago when I wanted Ship Upgrades for everything. If it isn't a literal higher tech version, it gets no upgrade. I had specifically wanted an upgrade item for RP ships from EFBS/EFDN and they were deemed similar, but ultimately different ships from the Dreadnought, so no go.

Fri May 12, 2017 12:44 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

USSGalaxy wrote:
I also believe PBF takes a Rosie and a Dread. There are a few bps that take ships.

You're thinking of the Blue Photon Corvette.

Sat May 13, 2017 12:05 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

USSGalaxy wrote:
Was largely talking about all these twisted ones requiring Fwings, Death Stikers. I'm sure a bunch of people have FWings laying around from when the people used them as trade slaves, in slave form. Could see the only issue being canceling the build and then retrieving an itemform for free. I also believe PBF takes a Rosie and a Dread. There are a few bps that take ships.

Just to add information: Death Strikers can be upgraded into the Death Obliterator via a mission available, it was suggested by Churchill during the development stages of Twisted zone.

Sat May 13, 2017 10:27 am

This is besides the point, it doesn't particularly matter what ships in general, my only thought was allowing slave formed ships to be used in builds.

Sat May 13, 2017 5:36 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

USSGalaxy wrote:
This is besides the point, it doesn't particularly matter what ships in general, my only thought was allowing slave formed ships to be used in builds.

You can just have blueprints build upgrade items if they require a base ship. Also, some blueprints require two ships, which is where this encounters an issue. But that begs the question, at that point, do we want players to be able to use a ship they have unpacked and presumably used for a while? It's kind of like an augmenter, like upgrading your Wattage Augmenter to a Divine Wattage Augmenter. Do you think you should be able to upgrade your equipped Wattage Augmenter into a Divine one, especially onto a different ship?

Mon May 15, 2017 12:13 am

SunDog60 wrote:
USSGalaxy wrote:

You can just have blueprints build upgrade items if they require a base ship. Also, some blueprints require two ships, which is where this encounters an issue. But that begs the question, at that point, do we want players to be able to use a ship they have unpacked and presumably used for a while? It's kind of like an augmenter, like upgrading your Wattage Augmenter to a Divine Wattage Augmenter. Do you think you should be able to upgrade your equipped Wattage Augmenter into a Divine one, especially onto a different ship?

For augmenters, onto a different ship, no, I was considering the other day it'd be nice that if my build calls for a Div watt and I can't afford it as a noob, I would be able to build a watt then the div watt equips as an upgrade, but if the watt is already equipped and there would be no way to remove the watt from the equipped ship.

Mon May 15, 2017 9:58 am