Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Level Packs
Mmmkay, so like most of my suggestions; WoW.

WoW has character boosts, and I was thinking about how they could be brought into SS.

Pretty simple it turns out. Consumable item sold at the Friedman base in Free Market for 120 SP (60USD) that grants 1k levels worth of experience, or 240 SP (120USD) for 2.5k levels.

An obvious restriction here is, of course, the level pack should bring you to an absolute max level of 2.5k not to exceed the highest level character on the account not affected by Exp bonus weekends or items (This stops people from using it to run themselves up the leaderboard and stops new players from just immediately going to 2k). So if you have a level 1700 and nothing else, you can boost your next character to 1700, because really there is no benefit to forcing an experienced player to run through again, and if the alternative is just them buying someone else's account, this could stop a lot of what is currently a black market of sorts since that is against the rules. And SS itself could tap into a lot of the money being traded around there.

This service is popular enough on WoW that even when they do the account service sales they don't lower the cost on just this one service, because players are willing to pay through the nose to not actually have to play the game. So you might as well make money on it.

Mon May 15, 2017 12:10 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Thick Black Long Coffee
Level: 4536

Post Re: Level Packs
No, this is pay to win. I very strong concerns towards this for many reasons. The first obviously being the game would become much too easy.

Mon May 15, 2017 12:32 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

reyjalrm wrote:
No, this is pay to win. I very strong concerns towards this for many reasons. The first obviously being the game would become much too easy.

Leveling has no bearing on strength in this game, and level packs are no different from buying established accounts, which again already happens... Your entire argument against it is irrelevant. Especially since difficulty in this game doesn't come from leveling (since people already buy high level accounts or they just afk level them), challenge comes from engaging content. So yeah, your argument belongs in a whole different thread since you say it's pay to win yet at this very moment if I wanted to I could buy an entire completely outfitted account for a fraction of the costs here.

Mon May 15, 2017 12:41 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

reyjalrm wrote:

I would agree with you if you hadn't already done that thing with two shafts.

Mon May 15, 2017 12:45 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

I would be interested in buying something like this. I agree with Shawn, levels don't really give you any power, and they are easy enough to come by. However, maybe limit how many a character can buy in their lifetime? Or maybe characters beyond level X can't buy them?

Idk if we want people paying money just to top the leaderboards.

Mon May 15, 2017 3:29 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Fyuryus wrote:
I would be interested in buying something like this. I agree with Shawn, levels don't really give you any power, and they are easy enough to come by. However, maybe limit how many a character can buy in their lifetime? Or maybe characters beyond level X can't buy them?

Idk if we want people paying money just to top the leaderboards.

The OP clearly states that you can't level an alt past the highest leveled character on your account.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon May 15, 2017 3:42 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

cba to read all his text

Mon May 15, 2017 4:35 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

reyjalrm wrote:

Tue May 16, 2017 5:44 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Highest level on the account, or 1500, whichever is higher. Means you can be eligible for T22 skills, but you still have to gear out the characters. One pack per character would be balanced.

I can see it being kinda broken for gearing up lots of accounts, but that steep $ price will probably discourage people from doing this en masse.

What I see would be the main advantage would be to rapidly militarize a small team in the face of a much bigger team. That team of 10 new Steam players? Just so happens they dropped all their accounts into this galaxy. Oh look, there's a 4 slot Adamantium planet here. Retreat means everyone unsubs? Okay, engage Level Packs. Now you have 10 accounts with a second character at 1500 and this team can kick back instead of be obliterated by Eminence Front.

Tue May 16, 2017 6:41 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

The difference is in WoW the number of high level alts you have has no real bearing on your power, since you can only benefit from playing one char at a time, and having 20 maxed level chars as your alts really does nothing when they are not being played.

In SS alts have permanent assets which remain in play and help you even when you arent logged in playing them: drones and bases. So this is basically p2getmorebase/droneslots. Not sure how i feel about that...

Wed May 17, 2017 1:46 pm