Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Buff Kalthi Wrathful Commander
I decided to make the discussion easier this time.

Attachment:
Commanders.png

Those are the stats.

Wrathful boasts +5 hull, Armored boasts 11x as much with +55.
Wrathful has the exact same resistance as regular, Armored has +4, +4, +4, +4, +4, +5, +2 (which grants it +8.3%, +8.3%, +8.3%, +10.5%, +8.3%, +9.6%, +3.6% survivability in each respective area)

Inbuilt bonuses, this is where the KAC runs away with the race. It gets +10 Crit Hit Resist (+33% more than KWC), +100 Shield (+21.1% over KWC), +25 Recov, and +25 Thrust (it traded away damage and RoF that it doesn't need to begin with as an FC ship to get the Recov and Thrust added on).

Meanwhile, KWC gains +15% damage, but it has to trade off the +20% RoF that it also needed to get it, and with Gunner augs granting both damage and RoF, the inbuilt bonus in the end is negligible. Also going back to the contrast the Armored also gained 2 stats that didn't exist before (Recovery and Thrust, which are both useful to an FC main ship; dodging and surviving) that both improve survivability, as well as a +10 Crit Resist and +100% Shield.

What are your guys' opinions? With this one, I honestly don't have a clue what could bring the KWC on level with the KAC. This divide is even more drastic than the Warriors were the KAC is head and shoulders above the KWC in almost every way.

EDIT: Updated because enkelin taught me how math works.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by ShawnMcCall on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:21 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:56 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Buff Kalthi Wrathful Commander
FYI you are measuring resistances wrong. To compare 52% with 48% you should do

(1-.48)/(1-.52) = 1.083

so it's an 8.3% increase to survivability.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:03 am

Updated with maths.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:37 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Yea it's a bit underwhelming but the inbuilt gives targets-heat vulnerability which makes tons of things just get melted.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:59 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I think the main problem is the rpw being as good as it is. It makes other gunner ships look kind of meh... That being said I suppose we can give this ship some love as long as it doesn't surpass the Bana capship

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:19 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

heylo wrote:
I think the main problem is the rpw being as good as it is. It makes other gunner ships look kind of meh... That being said I suppose we can give this ship some love as long as it doesn't surpass the Bana capship

When's that getting nerfed? Since you guys seem to be in a nerf groovy the last 2 months.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:55 am

redalert150 wrote:
Yea it's a bit underwhelming but the inbuilt gives targets-heat vulnerability which makes tons of things just get melted.

RPW is still has an inbuilt that is better by miles though, better resists, and vastly better inbuilt stats. Also, one damage type on the inbuilt males it kind of useless because unless you're doing bana, or pose your whole squad is never going to have heat.

heylo wrote:

Sort of, the RPW is awesome. But that doesn't account for the fact that the regular KC it actually better than the KWC, because the KWC literally only gains 5 hull 15% more damage on its inbuilt bonuses, and loses 20% RoF. making the KC actually a better ship than the KWC. Unless you value the +5 hull over more damage potential which the KC has.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:15 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

KonanCruss2 wrote:
heylo wrote:

When's that getting nerfed? Since you guys seem to be in a nerf groovy the last 2 months.

whenever you want bb

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:27 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

heylo wrote:
KonanCruss2 wrote:
heylo wrote:

whenever you want bb

Tomorrow is fine by me, go!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:38 am

Can we take the collective saltiness to another thread... There are plenty of topics you have reason to get butt hurt in, but the KC vs KWC vs KAC doesn't really qualify...

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:21 pm
over 9000!

As discussed on Discord, I would be interested to see if we can get some new hull augmods for splash range and splash damage (presuming chain/splash weapon in use).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:54 pm

anilv wrote:
As discussed on Discord, I would be interested to see if we can get some new hull augmods for splash range and splash damage (presuming chain/splash weapon in use).

I know we discussed range, and adding splash to non splash. What about just augmenting splash though? So regular dps stays the same, but splash gets like +50% damage, and since no Augs affect splash, it would be a true +50%.

Which would help underused low dps splash weapons compete.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:24 pm

Basically instead of a +damage it would have +splash damage, so weapon damage is vanilla, and splash is considerably augmented.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:26 pm
over 9000!

Right, so in more general terms you're talking about augmods that affect the splash but not the main part. If we are adding a Splash Damage augmod, we'll also go ahead and add Splash Range just so we have it.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Side note, just had a look at it. Another one of the reasons nothing can compete with RPW is lack of augs at t22 that can overcome the RPW's inbuilt bonuses. The only aug that comes close is Qa'ik Vazuk Akk'oj, and that means getting a rare drop off of the Bana King in order for a Commander or Antu to outclass a Warship.

Maybe make a blueprint drop from RP that asks for like 5 Capital Offensive Augs +10b to make a buffed t22 version of the Capital Offensive, and maybe even add in some of the stats that RPW gets from inbuilts into the aug to make it so that the Antu, Commander, and Wrathful Commander are better than their t21 counterpart.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:44 pm