Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Remove The Large Elec Costs From Perm Drones
It serves no purpose, they're laid once per uni, and it's just a hassle to have to wait for elec to recharge on a ship large enough to carry them.

Tue May 30, 2017 12:44 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Re: Remove The Large Elec Costs From Perm Drones
Immersion

Tue May 30, 2017 1:26 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Was put in to force players to make a spaceship for the task. This includes the bvb and pvb using perm drones in wild space to counter PVP actions.

Tue May 30, 2017 5:43 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I think if we were to make them smaller and/or take less elec, we would have to put the 10 minute arming time on them that bases currently have.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue May 30, 2017 7:57 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

anilv wrote:
I think if we were to make them smaller and/or take less elec, we would have to put the 10 minute arming time on them that bases currently have.

That actually sounds awesome, since they shouldn't be used to PvP anyway, and as it stands your average engineer (or at least mine and mine is pretty shit tbh) can drop 3 Kasa Quus from bank right now in its main ship.

Tue May 30, 2017 11:58 am
over 9000!

I believe people currently use them for gaining a foothold in hostile territory during the universe reset. That would become a fair bit harder if they had arming times.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue May 30, 2017 12:16 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

People use permanent drones to attack AI teams (especially those outposts and eventually Ryan's AI teams). Permanent drones are also very very useful for burning down Native Warp Beacons, because they have like a billion shields.

They also can use them to defend against players. DSF has had a few instances where someone who can deploy a perma drone shifts the tide away from a superior foe who is just there to harass your scouts and builders.

Tue May 30, 2017 1:32 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Not a fan of timers (looks at the mobile game market). More a fan of energy bank and hull space mechanics being used. Makes players use different setups to use drones (as currently is).

If that is removed might as well go around in a Wingship deploying huge perm drones everywhere, with a tech 0 energy. I hope you understand what I'm getting at with this.

To expand the idea though! Lets put a negative speed, turning and thrust modifiers (which effect the ship) on drones to make it harder to deploy drones, if higher difficulty is what the goal is.

Tue May 30, 2017 1:33 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

What if you could drop a permanent drone fully charged and have no arming time,

or drop it partially charged and have an arming time?

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Tue May 30, 2017 4:26 pm
over 9000!

cej1120con wrote:
What if you could drop a permanent drone fully charged and have no arming time,

or drop it partially charged and have an arming time?

Sounds too complicated to me.

Tue May 30, 2017 4:29 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Permanent drones having a 10 minute timer just like bases (or at least 5 mins) seems like the way to go to me, especially considering how immensely strong some drones are after the latest reworks. They are quite simply OP in PvP combat atm.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue May 30, 2017 5:29 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Thick Black Long Coffee
Level: 4536

Make them very vulnerable during this charge up time as well. i.e. they start off with 1 shield and charge it up to 100% when they are complete.

It is quite annoying at uni reset when players spam perma drones which are essentially unkillable unless you have a group of characters, even if they are online they still have quite a bit of shield bank

Tue May 30, 2017 7:34 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Higher elect costs and greater size increase would be acceptable imo. An additional arming timer for Platform/Defender/Assault drones would also be acceptable.

I really don't to see arming times for permanent drones in general because of two reasons:

First, this is how you gain a foothold in a galaxy against AI. Second, this is how a smaller team can hold the line in the galaxy against an attack.

I personally don't want to deploy 10 ada kits and 25 Andaman Drones and watch EF knock them all down because they all can't shoot back for 10 minutes. I'm sure YOU don't want to deploy some bases and drones only for EF to knock them all down with a couple of SDs.

Tue May 30, 2017 8:52 pm