Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Post Uber Concept ; Doppelganger
Unsure of possibilities, inspired by .hack//G.U Doppelganger and Warframes Stalker.

Spawns at an interval based dice roll intended to be between 1-6 hours (if 6 pass, force spawn)
On successful roll, select a random online player outside protected space and instances (if player is nearby others, chooses the highest potential, statistically) , copies them exactly and amplifies all stats to be considerably more powerful.
Uses same ship but has a shadowy skin and/or a smoky effect around it possibly whichever is easier to implement while keeping the desired look of a shadowy mirror.
If music is on, Doppelganger forces it to change upon appearing in the same galaxy as you, intended to be eerie and foreboding.

Intended to be a dynamic roaming Uber that poses a large challenge depending on the class and setup of the player it chooses to copy upon spawning. Could also yield rewards based on the level of the player it copies.

Edit:It's spawn conditions could require a specific mission to be done in order for a player to be copied and attacked?

Last edited by Moonlightneo on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:08 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Uber Concept ; Doppelganger
Would it be automatically aggressive? Sounds pretty troll to me.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Aggressive to the players yes, I feel it shouldn't attack bases, nor AI (except aliens I guess since aliens Fucking hate everything)
Also forgot this part but I'd originally intended that it should despawn if it wipes every player and doesn't find anyone else relatively quickly.
That's why it's intended spawn timer is a relatively short period, it can potentially spawn numerous times a day.

Edit; basically I'm going for an Uber that scales based on the group it spawns near, and potentially rewards that also scale in the same sense, you get an Uber that is a good challenge for all levels and can still pose as a threat even at endgame. But if you fail to kill it you get nada, zilch, nothin.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:53 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I do like the idea of an Uber whose difficulty scales with player strength, but how would the rewards work?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:47 pm

I'm not fully sure how to go about the rewards.
I'm thinking like, having it drop a few cool aesthetic effects would be cool. Besides that...
I'm gonna pull anything under this from my ass tbh, so take it with a grain of salt, because I only really thought the Uber itself through, not the rewards, the rewards aren't exactly my specialty.

Doppelganger can drop 'Shadow' replica's of gear that can potentially have enhanced stats, but may also be a Tech or two higher, this also goes on the reverse, replica's can be statistically worse, but a Tech or two lower. (unsure of viability)

Abyssal Replica Shard: Drops in numerous quantities, is used in large quantities for a build to create an Abyssal Mirror.

Abyssal Mirror: Copies the selected gear outputting it as a Shadow Replica, alike to gear the Doppelganger drops. A pseudo way to get them without fighting Doppelgangers with the gear you want copied, but suitably much much more expensive.

Shadeweaver: Holoprojector that emits a similar effect to the Doppelganger's.
Extremely rare drop.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:51 pm
Team: Fireflies
Main: Dr Feelgood
Level: 5893

>uber copies a healer character
>uber goes into kalthi depths to heal his new human friends

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Now that you mention it, it'd have to copy combat slaves too if any, and probably shouldn't copy characters with no actual damaging weapons.

Do Enemy AIs even have the ability to heal eachother?...

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:48 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

This'd require some bespoke code and be pretty limited in scope for use, I feel.

Also, there are various issues (like picking weak players, travel ships, etc). AI can't use drones like players do, they have to be told to do it (either by boss script or super item). and there are some other issues, like an AI won't use the majority of tweaks or other items (a few tweaks can be used, but I don't think scriptable AI (bosses) can, some superitems if they've been tagged). AI won't know to use things like microwarpers, translocators, or untanglers.

Support

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:40 pm