Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: Temp Drone Towing
No, the UZ was literally the only decent item they had. Their setups were pretty bad.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:30 pm
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

And? With how expensive UZ ships are due to everything in them being used for T21 and T22 stuff that's a good chunk of cost out of the way for them that they didn't have to worry about.

But we're talking about drones, and how IK20 is an costly wall for a new engineer.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:59 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Septagon wrote:
But we're talking about drones, and how IK20 is an costly wall for a new engineer.

It is. But we have a bigger issue on our hand in that the lack of variety is staggering. Assume we simply remove IK from UZ drones. All it does really is give you a pretty good (for where you are) healer in a sea of total shit healers, and a heat drone that combines a DWO Drone and an Infernal Drone (which has comparable dps to a Lincin equipped drone).

The normal Armada Drone does piss poor dps, average durability, and is mainly there for the knockback.

The Ambush drone kicks out some fantastic burst, but it only measures like 20% greater dps to a Merc drone, which can infinite sustain and kick out said dps at much higher range. So while it *is* expensive, the Merc drone makes the Ambush look like a more bursty Titan Drone.

The Inferno drone was also nerfed way back in the day. The LBreath it uses is considerably weaker than the days where drones would pop forever.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:38 pm
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

A total drone rework of the below T20 and below stuff probably won't happen, it would be a lot of work I imagine.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:31 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Bobbo wrote:
Test server now has drone towing, please test the crap out of it to make sure you don't lose your drones or other hijinks. Works the same as ship towing, your drones will become damaged if they're not already, unless you tow from an arena galaxy (e.g., The Colosseum). Please @me with feedback in #feedback if you have issues or such so that I can fix it.

This was posted on Discord, sharing it here.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:20 pm
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Why dont drones just go back to the ship when they die? I mean it kind of makes sense. If you need a story for it, then when they die their emergency backup power comes and auto-sends them to their home ship....

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:35 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

dreadlordnaf wrote:
Why dont drones just go back to the ship when they die? I mean it kind of makes sense. If you need a story for it, then when they die their emergency backup power comes and auto-sends them to their home ship....

I made this suggestion during a meeting, and argued pretty adamantly for it. We didn't have enough time to fully consider it, I see no good arguments against it though.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:29 am