Team: Star Revolution X
Main: darksathe
Level: 4084

Post Mastery Augs
Class mastery augmenters are currently for the most part completely useless. Make them t19 so that f2p's can use them and make them worth something again.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:21 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Mastery Augs
Mastery Augs definitely are not useless.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:51 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

ShawnMcCall wrote:

Considering the number of people i have heard say not to bother with tech 20 ships, i concur with SilentHalo

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:30 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

lrellok wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Considering the number of people i have heard say not to bother with tech 20 ships, i concur with SilentHalo

That's a different problem.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:07 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

The original intent of Class Mastery : Art of ___ Augmenters was that Class Mastery were to give most of what you got from your class skills to compound and make them better. Art of ___ Augmenters were to be better, but not a direct upgrade.

Some of these fell through the crack. No reason to get into a fuss. Just notify the developers with a comparison of the two augs and discuss with them how to make the two sufficiently different.

@Blizzarafk

Yes, a lot of T20 ships are underwhelming. Certain T21 ships are not expensive enough to warrant using T20 as a predecessor. T21 in general lack augmenter upgrades as most are niche choices.

Some T21 ships are underused as well.

I'd say the ships in need of a rework the most are:

Rosmarinus, Rosmarinus+
Equanimizer, Equanimizer+, Rotting Equanimizer
Absconditus
Apprentice's Ward, Hybridized Ward
Hybridized Astro
Vulture
Death Striker+
Reaver, Reaver+
Hybridized Rhino
Hybridized Battleship, Hybridized Dreadnought
Greenish Battleship

Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:20 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

I mean the fact we don't see many t20 ships is because so many players skip content and get their t22 ships instead. At this point I'll just say it's a feature. We wouldn't even want players to be stuck at t20 stage as long as we were back in the day waiting years for new content.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:51 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

From what I understood, the main reasons people tend to skip T20 is this:

1. Anything above the entry T20s require Ada Modules, which are a pain in the ass to get as a newer player. 3 Mentions and 3 Dips is a pretty steep upfront cost for the bps, and then you still need the Ada Sheet which requires a Stabilized Core. The SPFC mission requires 20 Dips.

2. T20 Plus ships aren't powerful enough to justify the cost. UZ ships require multiple modules, a ship remains, and a squad run into the UZ.

3. Pax Eridium ships are not only on the same level as UZ ships, but they're cheap as fuck to obtain. Ace for example builds them by the bucketfull and then sells them for *half* the cost of a UZ ship (or build cost). They're T21 so you can leverage more powerful T21 augs in your builds as you go up.

tl;dr
Core mission too expensive to justify one or two noobs getting it. Plus ships are weak for cost. UZ ships require *multiple* Ada Modules. Pax Eridium ships are very strong for cost.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:13 am
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

FC Mastery Augementer change regarding turning i support. But why all changes are not written in announcement?

I only wonder why these (any) changes are not announced at least 1 week before and give us time to adapt.

Now in this case I'm losing my time to find new setup instead of playing.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

If there's time (we have a lot of things to talk about this week) I'll try to get the diplomas for the core missions lowered or perhaps even removed on the Tuesday meeting.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:16 am
Main: darksathe
Level: 4084

The reason why I bring this up is just that Art of ___ augs are cheap to build and are better than their Mastery counterparts. Both are t20 as well which doesn't make sense to me. The better option every time in a t20 setup is to go for the art of ___ augs. Because of this were left with a large portion of midgamers getting these "Mastery" level augmenters from drops that turn around and sell mainly for under 100mil. Most mid game content drops these and this tends to clog up drop lists. If these augs were t19 it could open them up to f2p players and the price could go up a bit from there.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

DarkSteel wrote:
If there's time (we have a lot of things to talk about this week) I'll try to get the diplomas for the core missions lowered or perhaps even removed on the Tuesday meeting.

I've since made this change btw :)

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:26 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

SilentHalo wrote:
The reason why I bring this up is just that Art of ___ augs are cheap to build and are better than their Mastery counterparts. Both are t20 as well which doesn't make sense to me. The better option every time in a t20 setup is to go for the art of ___ augs. Because of this were left with a large portion of midgamers getting these "Mastery" level augmenters from drops that turn around and sell mainly for under 100mil. Most mid game content drops these and this tends to clog up drop lists. If these augs were t19 it could open them up to f2p players and the price could go up a bit from there.

It's good to have a significant supply of Tech 20 Mastery Augmenters. They do their job well and help lower level/less well off players get access to augmenters that can help them acquire the base commodities neccessary to build Art of Augmenters. Scaffolding is a thing and we should ensure that it is present for those who don't want to/can't buy everything.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:04 am