Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
Septagon wrote:
It also doesn't help that I'd really rather use anything that is not T22, since every T22 ship I've seen is horribly ugly. In comparison, some of the ships below T20 have incredibly unique or cool models, or neat supers and inbuilts that never get seen and are wasted basically.

Offtopic but couldnt agree with you more. I would love to use lower level skins in place of my t22 one. Have you ever seen an Antu, a Subhat, and a Bhisaj all lined up with some of their alt skins? It looks like a seafood combination platter I would order at a restaurant that consisted of the catfish, crab, and jumbo shrimp.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:03 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

There's nothing wrong with using lower tech ships over higher tech ships. There is, however, using lower tech ships over all higher tech ships, because it's better in all the ways that count to the average player.

One of the things I dislike about the Antu is probably me coming from a class that gets 20k dps at 3000 range, Sniper, to 30k dps at same range Sniper from T20 to T21/22. FC's a little busted with me doing 125k mix of heat and laser damage at T22, but yeah. I go from 12k in a Dread, to 18k in RPW, to 15kish in the Antu (though 20k+ with siege mode)...But the PBF...

That thing pushes 21k dps standard with 2 CaL 1 Emp. In comparison, the Antu augged Reaver/Emperor will crank out a little under 13k dps, for 100 more range (before ZOFR/mods/auras), 20 more seconds sustain (170s -> 190s), and 25k more effective shields. The Antu oddly goes faster (130 speed -> ~160 speed) and has a LOT more hull (500 free -> 2000 free), but that's basically it. Same gear all across the board.

I could get the same dps in the Antu/KWC/Stratos..butttt, the cost of the augs is 300b+ whereabouts the PBF is spending 24b on its augs.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:43 am
Team: Parabellum
Main: Dr P3pp3r
Level: 4863

Inserting opinion-

The current Dev team are going to be the death of this game.

Cheers

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:31 am