Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
User avatar
Team: Dark Energy
Rank: Officer
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 1633

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3874
Location: ur mums a ram
Post The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless and
most retarded big changes since I started in 2009. Current PBFs were still pretty mediocre after the MF bot nerf. Mastodons with fighters were about the same in capabilities.

The PBFs were changed from 650% shield and energy to 200%. What for? It already had weaker resists than any other t20 capital ships

and now I would probably literally toss overboard a PBF BP if I got one. It's 100% worthless garbage now

so I guess my suggestion is to get chromosome replacement therapy and revert the PBF change because it pretty much killed the enthusiasm i had for resubbing at the upcoming uni reset.

_________________
Image
ImageImage

Image
Image

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.


Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:40 pm
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 3877

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:08 pm
Posts: 3120
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
A 3 Aug capital ship that has huge bank stats to make up for only having 2 augs.

Something about that seem off to you? Capital ships get huge +bank stats as compensation for their huge size, huge weight, slow speed and 2 augs. Tell me which ones apply to the PBF.

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:24 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Dark Energy
Rank: Officer
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 1633

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3874
Location: ur mums a ram
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
That third augmenter slot doesn't mean much compared with fighters whose DPS is more or less unaffected by augmenters beyond electric regeneration.

The Mastodon as a fighter boat doesn't need a third augmenter to compete.

A PBF with its old stats but 2 augmenter slots as a fighter boat is absolutely better than the new stats with 3 augmenters as a gunboat. That third augmenter slot is NOT as valuable for a Fleet Commander who has the option to use fighter boats instead.


ALSO the PBF already has notably weaker resistances than any of the other t20 capital ships.

_________________
Image
ImageImage

Image
Image

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.


Last edited by cej1120con on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:38 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Maxathron
Level: 1703

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5695
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
I'm sure the change was intended for people who used the PBF as a main ship. Eg, T20 players.


Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:39 pm
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5509

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11005
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
Max235 wrote:
I'm sure the change was intended for people who used the PBF as a main ship. Eg, T20 players.


And some T22 players, hence the urgency of the nerf…

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:34 pm
Profile
Team: Deep Space Federation
Rank: Operator
Main: iwnh011
Level: 1077

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:07 pm
Posts: 152
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
anilv wrote:
And some T22 players, hence the urgency of the nerf…

I've only ever seen a handful of t21 players use the red photon line or zeus throne. I hope that doesn't mean the EFDN is getting an urgent nerf?


Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Dark Energy
Rank: Officer
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 1633

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3874
Location: ur mums a ram
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
anilv wrote:
Max235 wrote:
I'm sure the change was intended for people who used the PBF as a main ship. Eg, T20 players.


And some T22 players, hence the urgency of the nerf…


well, could the dev team elaborate more on the reason? because your desire to nerf someone's main ship also nerfed someone else's slaves that weren't exactly broken or OP

_________________
Image
ImageImage

Image
Image

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.


Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:43 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: Daedalus
Level: 9239

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 pm
Posts: 4723
Location: Kuratovo, Russia
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
Considering how fundamentally weak the PBF was in resists, the high shield and energybank bonus didn't make much of a difference as you all think...

_________________
Image

Image

Image
Image


Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:05 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Dark Energy
Rank: Officer
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 1633

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3874
Location: ur mums a ram
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
Tomzta09 wrote:
Considering how fundamentally weak the PBF was in resists, the high shield and energybank bonus didn't make much of a difference as you all think...

basically this

_________________
Image
ImageImage

Image
Image

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.


Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:24 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2296

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:37 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Floof
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
From everything I've been reading about this, I have to wonder who would even build PBFs or use them any more. It sounds like they're incredibly expensive, now worse in every way to other far cheaper ships, and incredibly squishy to boot. It's a shame too, even though I always have and will like the more blocky solid looking capital ships (gib Mastodon pls) having PBFs as slaves would have been fun.


Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:09 am
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5509

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11005
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
cej1120con wrote:
well, could the dev team elaborate more on the reason? because your desire to nerf someone's main ship also nerfed someone else's slaves that weren't exactly broken or OP


Sure, the PBF does substantially more DPS as Gunner than any T21+ capship. It is not particularly expensive, even for a T20 ship, and certainly not compared to the T21+ ships it is doing more DPS than.

It really sounds like the main reason you consider the PBF inferior to the Mastodon is that fighter spam from bots is overpowered.

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:20 am
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5509

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11005
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
Septagon wrote:
From everything I've been reading about this, I have to wonder who would even build PBFs or use them any more. It sounds like they're incredibly expensive, now worse in every way to other far cheaper ships, and incredibly squishy to boot. It's a shame too, even though I always have and will like the more blocky solid looking capital ships (gib Mastodon pls) having PBFs as slaves would have been fun.


You should probably check the wiki sometime instead of just speculating. The PBF is not particularly expensive compared to other T20 ships. Any UZ ship or + ship would be more expensive.

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:21 am
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5509

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11005
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
iwnh01 wrote:
anilv wrote:
And some T22 players, hence the urgency of the nerf…

I've only ever seen a handful of t21 players use the red photon line or zeus throne. I hope that doesn't mean the EFDN is getting an urgent nerf?


No, because ZT and RP ships are better than EFDN.

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 am
Profile
Member
User avatar
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Officer
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4589

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:31 pm
Posts: 4323
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
Can anybody explain how a shield boost would mean a gunner does more dps?

_________________
Image


Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:50 am
Profile WWW
User avatar
Team: Dark Energy
Rank: Officer
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 1633

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3874
Location: ur mums a ram
Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
anilv wrote:
cej1120con wrote:
well, could the dev team elaborate more on the reason? because your desire to nerf someone's main ship also nerfed someone else's slaves that weren't exactly broken or OP


Sure, the PBF does substantially more DPS as Gunner than any T21+ capship.

So because a Gunner can break it means you have to ruin it for everyone else?

anilv wrote:
It is not particularly expensive, even for a T20 ship, and certainly not compared to the T21+ ships it is doing more DPS than.

The blueprint is a pain in the ass to get, and is 1-use. That is what makes it more expensive.

anilv wrote:
It really sounds like the main reason you consider the PBF inferior to the Mastodon is that fighter spam from bots is overpowered.

I know you're not an idiot so I don't know why you're pretending to be one here.

Mastodons with fighter spam are like 1-ply toilet paper, and the nerfed PBFs are like having to use your bare hand to wipe with. I'd much rather use the 1-ply toilet paper, but 1-ply is mediocre at best.

_________________
Image
ImageImage

Image
Image

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.


Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:07 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.