Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Post Projectile weapon revamp
Increase projectile velocity for most weapons by a general factor of 5-15x, excluding torpedoes, mags, etc.
Make these weapons non tracking as a consequence, potentially increase damage of most to compensate a bit for the skill involved to land shots and increased probability of missing.
This makes the game faster without affecting ship speeds and inhibits Mc'ing by making it a bit more skill emphasized than current.
This also makes slaves more likely to land shots as projectiles don't have to travel for twenty seconds to hit something, making projectile slaves more useful.

Overall I believe this change would be healthy for SS and make content more interactive.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:50 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: spaceglob
Level: 2233

Post Re: Projectile weapon revamp
I really like this idea, and I like imagining the playstyles I'd have to adopt for this to work.

I feel like we'd want it to track just a little, 1-15 degrees per second (note that this is similar to the current tracking levels, but if it's going 5x as fast, that divides the tracking per distance covered by 5), but I'm not sure if that's actually true because I'm basing that off my intuition of how slow pulse gun type weapons work, where you really need that tiny tracking to hit any small target because the projectile is so slow that the ship you fire at could change position a lot in the time it takes the projectile to get there.

Wouldn't want to change base pulse tracking to 0 though I think. Or maybe you could, and get some cool results in the bvb meta. Like hostility augged SDs dodging around bases in BvB at close pulse range to get shot at and use up energy and firing ability.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:29 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

oh hurray, another suggestion that massively helps FC's while Borking everyone else.

ANyone who mains a direct fire class know landing shots on a Vulture is like trying to hit a sparrow with a glock....more luck then skill. One of the few saving graces is tracking, if one of your shots hits, the rest are likely to hit as well.

Better suggestion, add a bullet speed mod to the new mod system, if people want their bots to shoot at lighting speed, they can pay the extra credits for it.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:22 am
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

I mean, Vultures don't really tend to circlestrafe from what I've seen but more often than not go in straight, swooping lines back and forth. So it isn't really a problem to hit them as a sniper or even a SD. Heck, I'm pretty sure SD's can go as fast as a Vulture if not more.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:23 am
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

lrellok wrote:
oh hurray, another suggestion that massively helps FC's while Borking everyone else.

It only borks you if you cant aim, Git gud scrub?

Vultures travel in straight lines like pretty much every other AI, Cant hit them? you're officially more Retarded than SS AI. Good job, pretty hard to achieve Feat.

This suggestion implies projectiles across the board could be much faster, while still keeping some that are meant to track, like Magcannons or Torpedoes, etc, and also implying they could do more damage due to aiming/leading requirements to hit a target.

This doesn't just buff FC's, it makes dodging a relevant mechanic that is much more useful, other than just for SD's, meaning while FC's could get a buff in some sense, you could simply avoid being hit and render them pretty moot, Tracking as a mechanic is MASSIVELY overused in this game, to the point that there mightaswell be no possibility of missing, projectiles just have infinite tracking, and dodge should just be a % chance based on ship types or something. And if that's the path people like well, guess i don't have any reason to care about this game since it's now a glorified RTS with spaghetti code and balance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:14 pm