Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: Daedalus
Level: 9239

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 pm
Posts: 4722
Location: Kuratovo, Russia
Post Re: Stealth Heavy Fighter Hull Space Issues
I did float the idea of splitting Heavy Fighter up into two separate types of ship, similar to the Industrial / Support Freighter to solve this issue with the divide between Sniper and Zerk style ships so you could create hull extensions, augmenters and even have class stats targeting both ships. On the downside, that is extremely complicated.


MasterTrader wrote:
Higher tech heavy fighters had their speed increased instead of their hullspace increased, over lower tech heavy fighters. If you really want to deal with hullspace issues, you want to trade speed for it.



That isn't necessary. The Poseidon Wave+ has 840 hull space, 6 weapon slots and 95 speed. The standard Poseidon Wave has 800 Hull Space, 90 speed and still has 6 weapon slots (let's not even include the amazing resists of both Poseidon Waves), while the Vanguard and the Isvasa have 90 speed, 800 hull and 4 weapon slots. Both are already at a disadvantage to the Poseidon Wave+ (with the exception of being one tech level higher) The Twisted Vanguard or the Isvasa should be on par, if not a minor upgrade from the Poseidon Wave+. I fail to see why the Vanguard or the Isvas'ayu cannot have an increase to hull considering they are already worse in terms of resists and worse in terms of weapon slots when compared to the Poseidon Waves and worse speed when compared to the Poseidon Wave+.


Alternatively & I think Seers and Speed Demons may like this idea: all hull expanders should be reduced to 1 size and changed from increasing your hull by a solid value to a percentage value instead. Now going through every single hull extension in the game and rebalancing them so they don't give an absurd amount of hull is a pretty big job, but it's just an idea.

_________________
Image

Image

Image
Image


Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:42 am
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5509

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11005
Post Re: Stealth Heavy Fighter Hull Space Issues
It doesn't make sense to me why we would want to split HF into two categories. Freighters were split into two categories to accommodate the non-combat role of Industrial Freighters, not to serve the needs of two different combat classes.

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Maxathron
Level: 1695

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5695
Post Re: Stealth Heavy Fighter Hull Space Issues
anilv wrote:
It doesn't make sense to me why we would want to split HF into two categories. Freighters were split into two categories to accommodate the non-combat role of Industrial Freighters, not to serve the needs of two different combat classes.


Pax Stratos is not really a FC ship.

Pax Heliosoleta is not really a Gunner ship.

Two different categories already.


Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:47 am
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5509

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11005
Post Re: Stealth Heavy Fighter Hull Space Issues
Max235 wrote:
anilv wrote:
It doesn't make sense to me why we would want to split HF into two categories. Freighters were split into two categories to accommodate the non-combat role of Industrial Freighters, not to serve the needs of two different combat classes.


Pax Stratos is not really a FC ship.

Pax Heliosoleta is not really a Gunner ship.

Two different categories already.


I was responding to Daedalus. There's no justification to create a whole new official Heavy Fighter subtype.

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:16 am
Profile
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: bencatdog
Level: 3757

Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:50 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: Stealth Heavy Fighter Hull Space Issues
I will say that speed is crucial when fighting certain ai so I know that I would not be happy if that were to be reduced. Especially with how hilarious the aggro code is with speed. Gear has gotten bigger but that's why I was only asking for 50-60 hullspace in my initial post.


Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:18 am
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 3877

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:08 pm
Posts: 3120
Post Re: Stealth Heavy Fighter Hull Space Issues
You're gonna have to give something up to get something in this situation. In regards to Hull Expanders, I've been pushing for us to make Hull Expanders much more impactful following adjustments to Transcendental mods (With the obvious downside being that they would be heavier). We'll see how that goes.

Generally though, hullspace concerns are a part of the game and have been a part of the game for a long time. Being able to fit almost everything you want wasn't intended, you're supposed to feel claustrophobic. Be that as it may, we're still going to be addressing the issue with scooping loot. I don't know when the code for that will be available for testing, but as soon as it is it will be put on the test server so that people don't need to save cargo space for scooping loot.

_________________
Image


Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:40 am
Profile
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: bencatdog
Level: 3757

Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:50 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: Stealth Heavy Fighter Hull Space Issues
Well as a possible solution the mining resist of both t22 stealth HFs could be reduced to a more reasonable level.


Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:06 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: Daedalus
Level: 9239

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 pm
Posts: 4722
Location: Kuratovo, Russia
Post Re: Stealth Heavy Fighter Hull Space Issues
MasterTrader wrote:
You're gonna have to give something up to get something in this situation. In regards to Hull Expanders, I've been pushing for us to make Hull Expanders much more impactful following adjustments to Transcendental mods (With the obvious downside being that they would be heavier). We'll see how that goes.

Generally though, hullspace concerns are a part of the game and have been a part of the game for a long time. Being able to fit almost everything you want wasn't intended, you're supposed to feel claustrophobic. Be that as it may, we're still going to be addressing the issue with scooping loot. I don't know when the code for that will be available for testing, but as soon as it is it will be put on the test server so that people don't need to save cargo space for scooping loot.


I already feel claustrophobic after the absurd change that was snuck in during the uni before last, where you removed the bonus Combat classes got from equipping hull space. I have Pocket Universe 22 and I immediately went from 1900 hull to 1600.

MasterTrader wrote:
You're gonna have to give something up to get something in this situation.


Good response so far, but please address the following as there is virtually no reason why the hull space cannot be increased by a solid 10 or 20.

Tomzta09 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
Higher tech heavy fighters had their speed increased instead of their hullspace increased, over lower tech heavy fighters. If you really want to deal with hullspace issues, you want to trade speed for it.



That isn't necessary. The Poseidon Wave+ has 840 hull space, 6 weapon slots and 95 speed. The standard Poseidon Wave has 800 Hull Space, 90 speed and still has 6 weapon slots (let's not even include the amazing resists of both Poseidon Waves), while the Vanguard and the Isvasa have 90 speed, 800 hull and 4 weapon slots. Both are already at a disadvantage to the Poseidon Wave+ (with the exception of being one tech level higher) The Twisted Vanguard or the Isvasa should be on par, if not a minor upgrade from the Poseidon Wave+. I fail to see why the Vanguard or the Isvas'ayu cannot have an increase to hull considering they are already worse in terms of resists and worse in terms of weapon slots when compared to the Poseidon Waves and worse speed when compared to the Poseidon Wave+.


Alternatively & I think Seers and Speed Demons may like this idea: all hull expanders should be reduced to 1 size and changed from increasing your hull by a solid value to a percentage value instead. Now going through every single hull extension in the game and rebalancing them so they don't give an absurd amount of hull is a pretty big job, but it's just an idea.

_________________
Image

Image

Image
Image


Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:12 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Officer
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4589

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:31 pm
Posts: 4323
Post Re: Stealth Heavy Fighter Hull Space Issues
they never say that when they nerf something (we're going to have to give you something to take this away)

_________________
Image


Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:17 am
Profile WWW
Team: Hiigaphiix
Rank:
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3065

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:05 am
Posts: 334
Location: Chile
Post Re: Stealth Heavy Fighter Hull Space Issues
sabre198 wrote:
they never say that when they nerf something (we're going to have to give you something to take this away)

:lol: Hypocrisy at finest.


Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:08 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.