Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post Re: Expand EF buildable space to include W2
Blue Dwarf wrote:
Just looked on admin pane. There is definitely a Solar Prism prospecting node on the planet called "Polaris Wreck".

It's this kind of strong headed stubbornness which is limiting your growth in the game.

Lemme go through this process. I check the artica wiki http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Arctia. No mention of a node. Check the solar prism wiki http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Solar_Prism says "somewhere in the universe". I go to artica, scan every system, find nothing, and come back here to point out there is nothing there.

That is not me being stubborn, that's me not being gulible and stupid. Me being stuborn is me going to artica at all instead of just posting the wiki and calling bs.

Oh, and how many times have I told you node regen was to low? Congrats, here is the evidence you wanted. Can we get back on topic now?

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:55 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

I went there just now and filled up my ship with 80+ Solar Prisms.

http://imgur.com/a/Ol4jN

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Max235 wrote:

80 prisms in 24 hours... Oh this is to much, you really think that is going finance 1000 players? Seriosly, the topic is the total lack of broad based resources to finance multiple teams into wild space. You want me to be interested in artic and auric? Show me how they can rais e trillion in a uni. 10 teams, 200 billion each.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:14 pm

IC and Colonies then. Figure them out. At this point half the game will probably shoot DSF on sight for your stupidity. And I'm sure most of Steam will too because of your ignorance.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:16 pm
Contributor
Main: USSIowa
Level: 1956

Rendghast your simple issue is you are looking for one fix for your money issues. You seem to want to do one thing to resolve it all. As well as it definitely sounds like you are trying to do it alone. Neither of these things are possible. There is no reason for us devs to try to design a game around you doing the same task over and over again a thousand times to create your money. As well as despite brown stating it is hard to get money in the early game, that is shockingly not true anymore. There are hundreds of DIFFERENT things you can do throughout a single day to make around 2-5b a day. Also as pointed out Auric Sector. Just simply kill off the ai, every 1 hour or so they will respawn and fill up their ships with gold and sell enough fools gold to have around 200m per kill off. All I do is kill them all and scoop literally everything. I normally get 2-100 gold and 200m per kill off when I do it. Afterward I do blanco which is 200m. Then I do Jungle which despite hoarding the bps would be around 300-400m in bp sales per kill off. Then if I feel really adventurous I go up to our Singles gal(which only 3 of are utilized) that we had literally every member lay kits and slaves up there to provide a place to build SM20, (which we have done within 3 weeks of laying the kits and only had to cheat our rules for fembots which are currently t20 for the bp and factory and is fixed for patch) where I pickup some of our hundreds of ICs sitting there (plz noone bvb :( ) and sell some of them to nearby ai bases making anywhere from 200m-literally endless depending on how long I want to sell them.

tldr: Don't do just one thing, do many different things to make a ton of money ingame, also teamwork is required to get anywhere, despire everyone thinking mcing gets you everything.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:07 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

lrellok wrote:
Max235 wrote:

80 prisms in 24 hours... Oh this is to much, you really think that is going finance 1000 players? Seriosly, the topic is the total lack of broad based resources to finance multiple teams into wild space. You want me to be interested in artic and auric? Show me how they can rais e trillion in a uni. 10 teams, 200 billion each.

Usually I get anywhere between 300 and 1000 Solar Prisms iirc, sometimes I've heard my teammates get even higher amounts. Church in that image did not have room for more than 100 Prisms, so I assume the node still had some.

Edit: It seems the node will grow over time a lot more than other nodes. I just prospected it and got only 100 Solar Prisms, though it hasn't been long since it was harvested by Church. This is 180m if I sell it to Chronosphere (Shop) however, for little work.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:35 am

Yeah, SD is a class that has very little free hull for loot. I rarely have more than 100 hull left after all my gear.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:50 am

nccintrepid wrote:
Also as pointed out Auric Sector. Just simply kill off the ai, every 1 hour or so they will respawn and fill up their ships with gold and sell enough fools gold to have around 200m per kill off. All I do is kill them all and scoop literally everything. I normally get 2-100 gold and 200m per kill off when I do it. Afterward I do blanco which is 200m. Then I do Jungle which despite hoarding the bps would be around 300-400m in bp sales per kill off.

SO apparently someone massively buffed the credit drops in AUric sector since i last did it, i looked through the past couple o patches and it does not seem to be mentioned. I used to farm Biowalls for scrapnotes out of there, and never got more then 50 million in a 50 ship run. I just killed 30 ships and have 600 million. My thanks to whomever did that.

I tried hawking the entirety of the gear on those blues, got barely 750 million for an all day effort, which most people with jobs would not be able to do twice a week, so that is 20 billion a uni at most.

Tried JUngle the last few nights as usual the only thing which sells out of there is JACs, Primal BP's are literally being bought at 1 credit each. They burn for 20 million and i think i had a dozen of them, so...250 twice a week. Is 7 billion. Plus jacs...10 billion.

So our list is now

AUric (which will not scale)
Blanco (which will scale)
JAC's (not instanced so is going to get flooded out)
Trade goods (might scale, depends how fast the regen)
COlonies (requires Prom)
IC (requires Prom)

That is one solid finding source for new teams come steam.... But you do not understand why i am screaming my head off right now.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:46 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

ICs dont all require prom. Once you get to endgame your primary source of creditss will shift to colonies, ICs/raw commods and selling the few drops you get that are valuable.

Many of the things i have described are in the mindset of a low level or non endgame player. That 500m an hour from capping ais for example starts to look pretty daunting when you need many 10s of billions of credits

Also there are ways that even non endgame players can build stuff to sell if they are smart. I can think of some things even a non endgame player could do.

Auric sector is very hit and miss as the credits dropped are from the ais mining and selling gold/fools gold to ai station. Capping ais isnt worth the time after a certain progression point, when you can clear a df 200-300 dg in a few minutes and have the possibility of getting useful loot like bindomite/dem/dem fragments.

Rendaghast how much time do you play ss per week?

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:15 pm

urzaserra256 wrote:
Rendaghast how much time do you play ss per week?

I work 50 to 60 hours a week, so i have two days off plus and hour or two each night..maybe 30 hours total at best? 20 more likely.

urzaserra256 wrote:
ICs dont all require prom. Once you get to endgame your primary source of creditss will shift to colonies, ICs/raw commods and selling the few drops you get that are valuable.

Buffers require prom. On EF layer, colonies also require prom. Which is hilariously enough how this whole thread began...we have come full circle...i am having a zengasm.

urzaserra256 wrote:
Many of the things i have described are in the mindset of a low level or non endgame player. That 500m an hour from capping ais for example starts to look pretty daunting when you need many 10s of billions of credits

Urza, i have half a dozen level 500 players trying to get Fighter gens that cost 20 billion to BUILD. Is level 500 end game now?

The original point of this thread was that if we get entire teams of player coming from steam, they are going to want to get off EF layer as fast as possible and the funding options for that are limited at best. Which is why i am so confused as to the dev team disagreeing with me, if you understand that "That 500m an hour from capping ais for example starts to look pretty daunting when you need many 10s of billions of credits" then you should know that within a matter of weeks after steam you are going to have a shit fit in discord when teams that want to be WS competitive start seeing the price tag of things like Paxian Mediators, Exc Drone Controlers, Combined Augs, and a dozen Demented Kits. Why is simply expanding build able space like pulling teeth here? If you want it to be a challenge, add Urqa termites like i already suggested, they are imune to lazer so the stand alone kits will die like flies if not auged and equipped. Its not competing with wild space, that is all DF 120+ now.

urzaserra256 wrote:
Auric sector is very hit and miss as the credits dropped are from the ais mining and selling gold/fools gold to ai station. Capping ais isnt worth the time after a certain progression point, when you can clear a df 200-300 dg in a few minutes and have the possibility of getting useful loot like bindomite/dem/dem fragments.

Dem Frags are only useful if you have access to a dementium BP, some thing teams just trying to get off of earth force layer are not going to have. The last time i asked, the only thing which consistently drops dementium whole is Deliquads, and i do not thing any new player is going to be fighting those in a marshal/testudo/cherub. Might be mistaken on that. Is there any chance of getting Dem BP reduced to tech 18?

AM i missing something completely here, you seem to be agreeing with me while you are argueing against me...? WHy all this resistance if you fully understand that funding on EF layer is not even remotely adequate to get a team WS competitive?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:44 am

Earthforce Layer is for noobs and low level players. It's not meant to sustain a team. At best, the average WS galaxy will double output of any single EF gal, even if you take everything.

Enkelin also explained that you don't need to go into WS with ada kits right off the bat. You can take a small cluster of fringe galaxies and build gear to fortify yourselves further or go deeper.

The act of forcing an enemy team to siege with ada kits is enough of a goal for new teams who are using Lac kits. But IF you are expecting to stand up to and kick down the doors of a team like Eminence Front...then you need ada kits. I don't expect a new team to instantly do that, though.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:13 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

lrellok wrote:
On EF layer, colonies also require prom. Which is hilariously enough how this whole thread began...we have come full circle...i am having a zengasm.

They do? I never sold prom to colonies as I was using it for other production. Though, this was a few years ago now.

Quote:
Urza, i have half a dozen level 500 players trying to get Fighter gens that cost 20 billion to BUILD. Is level 500 end game now?

They might be trying to get fighter gens too high for them, but then if they were doing what we've been saying they'd have the money for that in 10-20 days.

Quote:
Dem Frags are only useful if you have access to a dementium BP

Dementium Fragments sell to Intergalactic Sex Shop for 602m, or you could try selling them on your own for more. I've been getting quite a few frags which I've been selling. Alternatively, if you have friends in other teams they might offer to build it for you for a small fee.

Quote:
Is there any chance of getting Dem BP reduced to tech 18?

Something we probably could do, but requirement of the BP is a Platinum Bar (which is also T20).

Quote:
AM i missing something completely here, you seem to be agreeing with me while you are argueing against me...? WHy all this resistance if you fully understand that funding on EF layer is not even remotely adequate to get a team WS competitive?

Yes, we're telling you how to make money and you're telling us it doesn't work because you're not doing what we say. You don't really need to compete; you can take a small quantity of fringe galaxies, just like we have on Singles. You could also forge an alliance to help you get started.

You should also remember that you don't have to do everything, you can set a member on your team to be in charge of say, bases, freeing up your time to handle your real life or whatever.

Support

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:52 am

Blue Dwarf wrote:
They do? I never sold prom to colonies as I was using it for other production. Though, this was a few years ago now.

Colonies in WS have access to Storm clouds and those items, EF has nothing of the kind. If yo do not use Prom, your colony income drops by 1/2.

Quote:
They might be trying to get fighter gens too high for them, but then if they were doing what we've been saying they'd have the money for that in 10-20 days.

Boarder Collie = 5 ethereal laser U, 2.5 billion
Paxian Negotiator = 10 Liposuctions, 20 billion
Cerberus = 50 master pirate crests 6 billion
Paxian Pacifyer = 10 Love Cylanders, 20 billion
SPace Blue Delta = LOCKED BEHiND A MISSION PAYWALL (can we fix that please?)
St Bernard = 50 trader badges, 16 billion
And the rest are behind paywalls. I am fine if they are behnd a fll paywall, but it is obvious that at the time deltas where made, End of the Universe was on EF layer and accessible to f2p.

Quote:
Something we probably could do, but requirement of the BP is a Platinum Bar (which is also T20).

I can buy those quite easily, as can most players. I do not mind one time purchases that get me access to infinite production. I mind having to pay over and over because i cannot produce myself. As do most players i have talked to.

Quote:
Yes, we're telling you how to make money and you're telling us it doesn't work because you're not doing what we say.

I have done, everything you said, exactly as you said, and brought beck numbers to prove it. If you want me to do it again and take a video, ask, and i will, but as i already asked NCC if he wanted video evidence and he said "No", i am going to need you to confirm you are willing to accept video evidence as proof of my claims.

Quote:
You don't really need to compete; you can take a small quantity of fringe galaxies, just like we have on Singles. You could also forge an alliance to help you get started.

DO you actually believe we are going to get steam players who are willing to pay a $20 a month sub fee and NOT compete? Really? Blue, If i am paying one penny for a game, i better damn well have a decent shot at the highest prize in that game, or they are not going to see my money for very long...also, i am a pretty lackadaisical player. Serious players will not only quit when they cannot compete, they will openly trash the game on every forum they can.

THis attitude that the dev team has that new team "Don't need to compete, you can just fit into the existing WS hierarchy" is what i am trying to warn you is going to cripple this game. Heck, it is already crippling this game, look how many teams we have lost because they outgrew the space "Allotted" to them, s&p being the first of many examples that leaps to mind.

Quote:
You should also remember that you don't have to do everything, you can set a member on your team to be in charge of say, bases, freeing up your time to handle your real life or whatever.
WHy do people keep trying to make this argument about me? ROFL, like i have any intention of going back to WS after the last 6-8 disasters. We got trashed by; Lemon, Meastro Foley, 13, 13 again, 13 several more times, and now absorbed by SRX. We cannot compete, there is no reason to show up at all. This thread is about team that can compete, will want to compete, and are going to shat bracks when they find that the are precluded from competing.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:12 pm

So basically...

This is what I'm getting.

The current situation on DSF and Rendghast's history with "guilds" is a bunch of squabbling single players who don't really help much with the team. I'm sure people like Darkmoor and Trixx and Chalfonts are the exception, but DSF appeared to jumped off a cliff in the time since people went to Traders and SRX.

Rendghast, as a new inexperienced f2p, is obviously entirely based out of EF Layer. He is trying to finance a team (of at least 10 people, and probably trying for a 50 person team) entirely on his own with one main f2p account and one secondary low level f2p account.

He is running into finance issues because of said single player people who: 1) cannot find their own ass in the dark and 2) will ask what is in for them before attempting to find their own ass in the dark.

He is using a single source of income because he lacks the time to be a normal player and get stuff the normal way. He has been denouncing all the suggestions and recommendations because 1) calling him stupider than a bag of bricks is insulting to the bricks and 2) a pack of mules are less stubborn (and again, insulting to the mules). He is expecting to make several hundred billion a universe, while in EF Layer, so he can finance said team and when Steam is released, instantly jump to DF250 with 100 ada T20 kits gained in *one* universe of work. From EF Layer.

Forging alliances are out of the question because of the mentality that literally everyone is out to get DSF.

Joining another team is also out of the question because DSF is *better* than all the established teams and I'm pretty sure Rend doesn't want to give up the councilor rank.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:41 pm

tldr

Rendghast dug himself a hole he can't get out of because his stubbornness and expectations are so high it's unsettling. And then he complains about the hole being too deep.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next