Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Expand EF buildable space to include W2
lrellok wrote:
anilv wrote:
The dev team is able to defer the debate on whether it's a good idea by pointing out that we are able to make it happen at a moment's notice if it ever becomes abundantly clear that it is the right thing to do. This means that it's pointless to argue about it right now.

Non sequiter. Simply becouse you are able to do a thing is not a reflection of whether doing it is or is not a good idea. Thus, that you are able to do it at a moments notice defers nothing at all., nor does it make anything pointless. Do we defer the debate over whether sentient ai are good until they are already online? We have debate prior to implimentation becouse we desire to avoid problems.

In short, you are in a 12 page arguement that now is the time. And arguing you can do it whenever is not a responce to that.

All I then need to say is "kool, please do it now."

We don't see a pressing need for this. We reject your arguments to the contrary and refer you to the foregoing discussion for details. The only realistic way in which a need could arise is if there is a large influx of new players at once. In such case, we are able to open Warp 2 EF galaxies to building without a universe reset. That is all we have to say on the matter.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:49 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post Re: Expand EF buildable space to include W2
anilv wrote:
We don't see a pressing need for this. We reject your arguments to the contrary and refer you to the foregoing discussion for details. The only realistic way in which a need could arise is if there is a large influx of new players at once. In such case, we are able to open Warp 2 EF galaxies to building without a universe reset. That is all we have to say on the matter.

Kool, what number conatitutes "large"?

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13