Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Post Re: Expand EF buildable space to include W2
What were your items you got from DGing, any scrapable items is wort 10-12million per scrapnote minimum. Auric sector is not reliable, and you need to be more creative in what you do with that gold, selling the gold directly to the auric sector station is almost certainly not the best use of that gold.

As for the dging i see several items that are likely scrappable, or sellable to player stations, that death warmed over is worth 90 million to a player station alone. The freighter fighter bay v is worth 55 million a player station. The OS MRE Factory blueprint i see is also selling for a few hundred million credits, its not too unlikely you could get something for that. The Red Cross Crate has a player buyign for 75million. I cant see what augs you got but theres almost certainly more credits in there.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:16 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Out of curiousity, what do you mean by "revamping the Capbots?"

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

anilv wrote:

Would wager he means AI you would capture to sell the gear to an ai base.

Except he packrats all the gear.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:50 pm
over 9000!

Max235 wrote:
anilv wrote:

Would wager he means AI you would capture to sell the gear to an ai base.

Except he packrats all the gear.

He said it like he's gearing them up with expensive stuff before selling everything… idk.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:10 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

anilv wrote:

I was previously using a half dozen Handels Cruisers to capture AI, i swapped to three Leopards, and as i had to get gear, it cost some money, a little of which was left over when i did the screenshot.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:49 pm
over 9000!

lrellok wrote:
anilv wrote:

I was previously using a half dozen Handels Cruisers to capture AI, i swapped to three Leopards, and as i had to get gear, it cost some money, a little of which was left over when i did the screenshot.

Why are you counting the one-time cost of setting up your capturing config against the renewable cost of selling captured AI, especially since you only captured 5 of them?

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:33 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Why are we talking about capping AI in a topic about expanding buildable EF layer space into warp 2 :?:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:27 am

DarkSteel wrote:
Why are we talking about capping AI in a topic about expanding buildable EF layer space into warp 2 :?:

Becouse Enk and company are looking for every excuse under the shiny blue sky not to expand EF in any way whatsoever at all, and "Capping AI/Killing DG gets you more money then IC/Colonies!" is the latest one. Which had to be proven was BS....and has now been proven is BS.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:11 am
over 9000!

The only thing you proved about capturing AI is that you don't know the difference between capital investment and revenue stream.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:50 am

anilv wrote:
The only thing you proved about capturing AI is that you don't know the difference between capital investment and revenue stream.

lrellok wrote:
Credits after capping and selling 5 Pretty Boys. 15 million was added in revamping Capbots so that is only a 45 million increase.

Hrmmm, lets see here. 15 million was left over after capital investment, so a standing fund of 187 million resulting in a total fund of 252 million would be a revenue of 45 million...which is what i said.

Every....excuse...under...the sky.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:56 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

uss brown bought his first rhino solely off capping infernos :lol:

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

I think Rendghast is complaining that you can't bankroll an entire team on having low levels capture AI for profit and then have say, 10% of that contributed to team funds.

No Rendghast, that is not how you bankroll a team and the money you get from low profitability activities like capturing AI and directly selling the gear for liquid cash is supposed to be used as a stepping stone to get relevant gear to go dg/prospect in higher level areas.

Bankrolling a team requires colonies or IC, as that is the only way to gain the massive amounts of money a team would need to barter with other teams for large contracts.

EF Layer is inefficient and not designed for bankrolling a team. You can if you want to, but you face competition and would need considerably more effort for your gains, compared to Wild Space. The economic value of capturing and securing fringe galaxies for a large team like SRX is pretty high if the galaxy is not A) Got a high value resource, or B) Directly next to their territory.

Small/New teams have plenty of room and it is unlikely that Big Teams would ever bother with small teams. You would most likely have to deal with other small teams.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:51 am
over 9000!

lrellok wrote:
anilv wrote:

lrellok wrote:
Credits after capping and selling 5 Pretty Boys. 15 million was added in revamping Capbots so that is only a 45 million increase.

Hrmmm, lets see here. 15 million was left over after capital investment, so a standing fund of 187 million resulting in a total fund of 252 million would be a revenue of 45 million...which is what i said.

Every....excuse...under...the sky.

So in order to capture another 5 Pretty Boys, do you need to build three new Leopards every time?

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:43 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: uss brown
Level: 7967

sabre198 wrote:
uss brown bought his first rhino solely off capping infernos :lol:

2500 infernos @ 10m per oh boy the memories

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:37 pm
Main: Spartan 141
Level: 3448

Quote:
. F2P players buying things like a box of 3 Garg Goblets, or a box of 10 Traginium, or a box of 5 SPace Boomerangs, or a box of 5 bindo, or 32 of one minor aug, or one random aug over tech 15, or one random DG base item, or one random Terraforming Factory (cyborgs, Dall, ect) or 100 combonite. But of rall of that to be viable, EF has to be a playable area in its own right.

This is NCC. I am on the wrong account. I don't think you understand what our store is going to be meant for. No we aren't going to sell ingame commodities in this store....

Edit: clarifying who I am.

Absolutely no comment.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:41 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next