Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Expand EF buildable space to include W2
We don't need an expansion of EF buildable space because there is no great influx of players at the present time, and those players who are still working on the jump to Wild Space have plenty non-building avenues of income at their disposal (as long as they are willing to, you know, actually play the game). The EF layer was never particularly conceived as a place to generate passive income. It's a place for people to build in relative safely and get accustomed to how bases work before venturing into Wild Space.

If and when we have a large influx of new players, we can certainly modify the game to allow building in Warp 2 EF layer. That doesn't even take a universe reset. We can change it at any time.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:06 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

anilv wrote:
If and when we have a large influx of new players, we can certainly modify the game to allow building in Warp 2 EF layer. That doesn't even take a universe reset. We can change it at any time.

Wait, you don't actually think you can expand capacity after people show up and find there are not enough seats at the restaurant do you? Enk, the reason businesses require risk is that you have to have the capacity BEFORE the customers show up.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:22 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Yes, I do think I can wait until people show up. There is a substantial lag time between a bunch of people hitting the Nexus and those same people actually wanting to build bases. In your analogy, it's like seeing a busload of tourists getting off a few blocks away and firing up the grill so that it's hot when they arrive.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:30 pm

anilv wrote:
Yes, I do think I can wait until people show up. There is a substantial lag time between a bunch of people hitting the Nexus and those same people actually wanting to build bases. In your analogy, it's like seeing a busload of tourists getting off a few blocks away and firing up the grill so that it's hot when they arrive.

Enk, i have members who joined a week ago who are already asking where they build EF Overloaders. If you do a mid uni reset you are going to look like fools.

To use your analogy, this is a busload of tourists getting off a block away and you trying to order more tables before the get to your restaurant. They are gonna walk right past and be gone by the time you hang up the phone.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:54 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

What is an EF overloader?. And from the way enk responded makes it seem like a uni reset is not needed for this change.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:59 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

We had six decently sized teams in giant 1000 galaxy WS because everyone overextended. No conflict meant no defenses, which meant you could cherry pick a few resources instead of having to develop the whole galaxy.

300 galaxies of 2-3 accounts. Each account is LITERALLY THREE BUILDING CHARACTERS. How many new players immediately have 3 building characters? I can tell you exactly how many characters all the new p2ps that joined DSF last universe had. They all had 1 main character that was capable of building within the first three to six months. That one character built everything for their 2nd and 3rd characters, which weren't even T20 by the end of the first universe.

So I call bullshit that within the space of a week, that every single new player will have three or more level 1500+ characters on each of their new accounts to make 300 galaxies crowded.

And again, this shows the level of incompetency you have as a team leader. If there is no "room", shoot to make a space. BVB people if you have to. Or get used to being stuck in a cramped home.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:04 pm

urzaserra256 wrote:
What is an EF overloader?. And from the way enk responded makes it seem like a uni reset is not needed for this change.

http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/E ... _Prototype

I am sorry, me getting people to level 1000 inside of a month is a reflection of my incomp. LOLOLOLOL

Edit, stupid auto correct

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:35 pm

Leading a team, and teaching a person the ropes, is not the same.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:41 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

A game called Albion Online has thousands of people playing and not enough room for all of them. It forces people to compete. The one thing I do think this game needs, though, it's official game support for alliances and the permissions necessary to make them work. Enabling official inter team politics, that are clearly displayed to everyone else, would go a long way to dealing with some of the social issues SS has imo.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:23 am

MasterTrader wrote:
A game called Albion Online has thousands of people playing and not enough room for all of them.

How much do you want to bet it is going to suffer a massive drop in players and not be there in two years hober? Cause i did not watch about 3 dozen Rag P server adopt that same idea and disappear for it. Though i agree with you a forma alliance system ahs been necessary for a while.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:24 am

Eve Online has hundreds of thousands of players and not enough room for all of them. Eve has also been around *longer* than SS.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:36 am
Contributor
Main: USSIowa
Level: 1956

I will say this Rendghast, my characters are 100% proof you need no bases to do anything in the game. Honestly I haven't built a gal in around 5 years till this uni... what I have done most will blame on "oh you MC" well if you think about it, 3 players could have had the same results. Not to mention my Engi is the main reason I've come this far, not MCing.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:57 am

nccintrepid wrote:
I will say this Rendghast, my characters are 100% proof you need no bases to do anything in the game. Honestly I haven't built a gal in around 5 years till this uni...

I am sorry, you do not need bases to build things like Drone Controllers, BP augmenters, Fighter Bays and Tech 19 ships....i am very skeptical of that claim. Particularly while Cherubs are selling at 5.5 billion and drone controllers and fighter bays cannot be found at any price.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:22 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

lrellok wrote:
I am sorry, you do not need bases to build things like Drone Controllers, BP augmenters, Fighter Bays and Tech 19 ships....i am very skeptical of that claim. Particularly while Cherubs are selling at 5.5 billion and drone controllers and fighter bays cannot be found at any price.

Around 2013 time or so, I got a Wattage aug for my Berserker. I do not own bases, and haven't done so really since 2010. My team didn't build the aug for me either (at the time, I might've been on Capitalists, which would've just been me and Jeff) and I did not buy it.

So the question is; how did I get a Wattage Augmenter?

Support

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Around 2013 time or so, I got a Wattage aug for my Berserker. I do not own bases, and haven't done so really since 2010. My team didn't build the aug for me either (at the time, I might've been on Capitalists, which would've just been me and Jeff) and I did not buy it.

So the question is; how did I get a Wattage Augmenter?

You didn;t. Its that simple. EIther you built it, or someone else built it. One of the two.

I am not interested in stupid riddles here, i am interested in concrete solutions to a problem that is going to cripple new player recruitment to this game.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next