Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: Expand EF buildable space to include W2
lrellok wrote:
anilv wrote:
You're supposed to sell captured gear directly to AI base, not try to pawn it off on players. I can't believe I have to explain this as that is literally the whole point of capturing Infernoes, SBB, and Basils. You get like 10m per Inferno (counting the ship which you can sell at a few special places) and more than that per SBB and Basil. When I was a wee noob I used to make 1b/day on Infernoes, and you can make much more on the higher tech ones.

YOu think i am going to torch gear i can vend for three times that price? Are you joking with me? Inferno Energies are the only energy which gives you a speed boost, they are gold for tradebots. Blue Bullets are some fo the best energy weapons for their level, and basil sheaths are one of the only shielded with a damage boost. f i wanted to torch gear i would be hunting Turtles, everything on them burns well and nothing on them is useful for anything else.

And torch Spacy Speedy augs? TORCH SPACY SPEEDY AUGS? Are you kidding with me? I do not even sell those thing to other players they are so rare. That right there is what got the troll call, when someone is telling me to do something so obviously ridiculous, i do not care if it is jeff himself, i am calling troll. It is the kind of suggestion i would normally expect from someone with a thatch full of items they want to hike the price on, so they go around telling everyone to burn them so they get a better deal.
But Urza is dev, so i assume he is simply pulling my leg, not openly trying to manipulate the in game market.

Rendghast. These things are acquirable by anyone, all they have to do is kill or capture those AI ships. They aren't very valuable to other players, anyone can get them. You are better served getting as many as you need for yourself or your friends and selling the rest of them. No one who actually has enough money to buy 100 of them is going to buy 100 of them for anything greater than the price you can get selling them to an AI base, because those things are extremely common and easy to get.

Spacey/Speedy Augs are largely useless to a majority of the playerbase. They don't build into anything and are niche augs used for very specific purposes.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:21 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

lrellok wrote:
Fyuryus wrote:
Sounds like we just need PvP in EF layer.

Or are you actually stupid enough to think that level 20 and 30 players are going to stay when level 3000 players keep rofl stomping them?

Are you aware of what a PvP range is?
This game had PvP in earth force for years.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:33 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

MasterTrader wrote:

Rendghast. These things are acquirable by anyone, all they have to do is kill or capture those AI ships. They aren't very valuable to other players, anyone can get them. You are better served getting as many as you need for yourself or your friends and selling the rest of them. No one who actually has enough money to buy 100 of them is going to buy 100 of them for anything greater than the price you can get selling them to an AI base, because those things are extremely common and easy to get.

Spacey/Speedy Augs are largely useless to a majority of the playerbase. They don't build into anything and are niche augs used for very specific purposes.

Because i did not sell 120 Beautiful eyes at the start of the uni...or 100 Basil Sheaths last uni, or every Hot Goods i could get my hands on....oh, wait, i did.

Do you really not understand how out of touch all of you sound right now?

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:35 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Why are you hoarding those items rather then ai basing them?

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:37 pm

urzaserra256 wrote:
Why are you hoarding those items rather then ai basing them?

lrellok wrote:
DO you know where they are going? Into the Armory, because we keep getting new players and they have no money for weapons and gear.

THis is why i think you funning with me, you keep asking questions i already answered...

Fyuryus wrote:
This game had PvP in earth force for years.

ANd languished in obscurity for years becouse of it. I remember hearing about SS back in 2008 and getting told "Do not join that game, they butcher new players for lunch."

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:40 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

On my Singles character, I was running this daily:
Colored Empires
Auric Sector
Blanco
Jungle

I was pulling 500m+ a day, easily. Some days I pulled 500m from Auric Sector alone.

Colored Empires doesn't give much loot, but gives good credits for the time it takes (like 100 or 200m or so?). Lockout is daily, fixed.
Auric Sector is so easy money, you just kill all the AI and scoop their credits/stuff and AI base it all. Keep some Fool's Gold to do the mission (which is 1hr reset), use the Gold for the other mission or keep it for yourself (or sell to players).
Blanco gives like 250m or so, plus kills count for Strontium-90 and alright loot. If the loot is AI base gear I sell it, other stuff I keep but some of it I'll sell if I'm getting too much. Reset is daily, fixed.
Jungle gives like 0 money, but the drops are a lot and consistent. Primal Jungle blueprints sell for 20m each to the AI base and the bits of gear vary. I was getting so much I was tossing non-modded stuff; now I'm just AI basing it all.

After that, you can do other stuff for monies. I've been DGing the last few days and I've sold about 10 Demenetium Fragments to a base in Free Market (since we can't build dem yet) (which is 6b in total, btw) to get money and I'm not doing the above so much any more.

Strontium-90 provides good money and XP, especially if you're taking the missions appropriate for your level (silvers and golds are far better than the bronze ones).

On top of this there's other things you could be doing, like capping. Infernos and all their gear can be sold to Ice Matrix in Glass Matrix for around 10m, Basils and SBB/SBGs go for higher (iirc it's 14m for a Basil) but you can't sell the hull (but you can scrap it now for 0 credits). Your team mates or new players aren't going to want any of this gear, as it's all either AI base or otherwise easily obtainable. Capping is some very good money, but I always hated it (plus was annoying to do as an Engineer).

Setting up and selling items in a shop is only worthwhile if you're selling items people want. No one wants to buy used toilet paper or yesterday's newspaper. You can get an idea of what's good to sell by looking at what other people are selling in their shops.

Support

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:53 pm
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

Wasn't this post supposed to be about expanding EFs buildable space? Why not just enable pvp on warp2+ galaxies and allow building in warp 2. Make a obvious warning that its pvp enabled if laying a drone and or base. This not only solves the silly arguement that you "need" prom and ICs fund anything? which quite frankly makes little sense mainly as ICs are newish to the game but allows far more expansion in case steam isn't a failure and we have a large amount of players entering the game. (whenever we get it)

As a sidenote I have a singles character, while yes I have knowledge to give me a bigger edge I was easily able to get over 40 billion credits within a week and half of starting, by selling items and gear to player bases mainly from low end dg farming. After that initial period it became far easier once I had invested in slaves and skills/gear but I got a bit bored and stopped playing on it as much. Oh and bearing in mind I work full time so couldn't be on 24/7 farming.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:59 pm

potato2 wrote:
Wasn't this post supposed to be about expanding EFs buildable space? Why not just enable pvp on warp2+ galaxies and allow building in warp 2.

Let it never be said I will not agree to a reasonable compramise. Enable building in w2 with F2P ONLY pvp, and this is perfectly fine with me. I am reasonably confident most mid players can take down anyone with tech19 equipment. Alternatively, bring back celestial gardains as a
W1 and w2 F2P pvp only buildable zone and I again am happy. The point of this is that lower level players need more building room, and this solves that.

Ty sir for your excelent contribution!

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:36 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

F2P only PvP is abusable since P2P can simply create decked out F2P accounts to mess with legitimate new players.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:57 pm
Main: uss brown
Level: 7967

sabre198 wrote:
millennials huh, never capped an inferno in their snowflake lives! :lol:

Hey now! there's some of us who capped thousands of infernos back in the day

lrellok wrote:

YOu think i am going to torch gear i can vend for three times that price? Are you joking with me?

Yes, you are supposed to AI base things like that. If no one is buying it for "three times that price" then its not really worth three times the ai base price is it?. I understand that making money as a fresh player is exceedingly hard (more so now with creds being worth so little in the grand scheme of things) but there are ways to get some footing in the game, they just require time and effort.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

My recruitment policy on DSF was to recruit people who at least knew the basics. If they were a reasonable personality and eager to learn, I would talk to them beforehand to gauge what they needed to know. My main policy was having people learn to play the game, rather than learn to make money, because in the end if you're there just to make money, or you don't know how to play, they you're going to have a bad time actually progressing up the tech levels.

You are doing exactly as you did as an officer on DSF; nothing has changed since I left. You are recruiting bodies, not people, and not teaching them or even checking if they know how to play the game. You are funding their setups entirely/rest of active team alone because no one has the foreknowledge to play the game beyond randomly float around.

You are planning and funding everything on the basis of Everyone's Out To Get You and I Don't Play More Than 5 Hours a Week and I'm a Fucking Packrat.

You have wealth. It's not easily translated into capital because *you* chose to not liquidate it.

Building a team from the ground up is a group effort and a required trust test. If people aren't helping, or at least being a regular taxed soldier, then they aren't good teammates, and need to be booted. I personally can't fund all of SRX by myself, as you are trying to do (and failing) for DSF. To fund 65 galaxies of 5+ ada T20 per, I'm looking at 4.8tril per universe is JUST base kits. For me to actually actually pay that bill, I need 120 colonies...

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:10 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

lrellok wrote:
Also Urza, SOLAR PRISMS COME FROM ASTROIDS! Test things before you post them please, that was a very annoying hike through artica with a ENIAC scanner.

But, in the first room of Arctia with the AI base, top left area, the Massif in ice? Prospect that solarbody to get hundreds of Solar Prisms minimum. ENIAC scanner is for planet resources for bases to extract. EDVAC scanners are galaxy-wide prospecting node scanners. If you can't find something someone is pointing out, maybe ask for clarification instead of assuming they don't know what they are talking about.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:12 pm

SunDog60 wrote:
But, in the first room of Arctia with the AI base, top left area, the Massif in ice? Prospect that solarbody to get hundreds of Solar Prisms minimum. ENIAC scanner is for planet resources for bases to extract. EDVAC scanners are galaxy-wide prospecting node scanners. If you can't find something someone is pointing out, maybe ask for clarification instead of assuming they don't know what they are talking about.

Whichever is the system scanner, I went through artica with one and founf bupkis. So if someone tells me there is chicken in the oven, and I walk to the kitchen and find no chicken and the oven stone cold, its a safe bet they have no clue waht they are talking about.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:51 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

lrellok wrote:
SunDog60 wrote:

Whichever is the system scanner, I went through artica with one and founf bupkis. So if someone tells me there is chicken in the oven, and I walk to the kitchen and find no chicken and the oven stone cold, its a safe bet they have no clue waht they are talking about.

Just looked on admin pane. There is definitely a Solar Prism prospecting node on the planet called "Polaris Wreck".

It's this kind of strong headed stubbornness which is limiting your growth in the game.

Support

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:01 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Blue Dwarf wrote:
lrellok wrote:
SunDog60 wrote:

Just looked on admin pane. There is definitely a Solar Prism prospecting node on the planet called "Polaris Wreck".

It's this kind of strong headed stubbornness which is limiting your growth in the game.

As Bobbo has pointed out, the wreckage is named Polaris Wreck. On the wiki page Arctia, you can see the Massif in the top left of the first image on the right, and is the main focus of the second image on the right.
http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Arctia

First image: http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/File:Arctia.jpg
Second image: http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/File:Arctia3.jpg

Occasionally you will no Solar Prisms to be prospected from it, as other players do prospect it for Solar Prisms. The node seems to respawn fairly frequently however.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:59 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next