Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: Expand EF buildable space to include W2
Rendghast, you can make 2-3mil per Space Blue Alpha Interceptor, ~1mil per Space Blue Alpha, and multiple millions from capping and selling Monochrome Tints.

You can make multiple Billions in a single day by just doing Warp 0 DGs when you find drops that end game players are willing to pay a couple hundred million for. You can mine or prospect for Solar Prisms, which people are buying by the truckload for a fair amount of money all the time. You can do DGs and get Silver/Gold Ore and break it apart then sell it to other players. You can kill Jungle AI and sell their Primal Blueprints. You can kill roaming Equanimizers/Dark Transports/Pax Astro's and scoop their drops (Sometimes they drop Tech 19 augs, sometimes they drop Dementium).

Basically you start off with the thing that is easiest for you to do to make money, then you use that money to upgrade yourself so you can do much more profitable stuff. Making money is hard if you don't know what to do to make money, but this is true for every single game I've ever played.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:58 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Hurray, more people to debunk.

nccintrepid wrote:
Blanco gives you 250m in cash per kill, if you kill off auric sector you normally get 250m+quite a bit of gold you can sell/turn into IC

Awesome, ty NCC you are the first person to give a decent recommendation. Apparently the 12 hour account lock on Blanco got fixed, so yes, there is another decent source of income on EF layer, 250 credits, 12 hour lockout, lets assume you miss a few becouse work schedule, is 2.5 billion a week times 3 charaters, 16 weeks is 120 billion.

Auric in turn i had miserable luck with, mostly because i was going for the JYSN on the Goldens. Apparently it got a massive nerf bat since i was there last, the GOldens now shoot the astroids, so the return is garbage, though i suppose if you mined non stop for a whole uni you might get decent money. Two hour cool down would be 10 trades on a weekend, maybe 500 million a week, sixteen weeks is 8 billion. The ability of a single member to gather Fools gold for a team will be sadly missed.

urzaserra256 wrote:
Strontium-90 missions are extremely rewarding for credits, a weekend of doing dgs will get you far, far more then 200 million, if your doing the really low levels dgs you will end up with lots of advanced harvesters/treee cutters/hydros/nu conv 2, also dg bosses drop decent amount of credits, 200 million is about 3-4 more mid level dgs worth of credits alone.

Stron is a three week lockout (according to Urza) for 260 million total. Thats a billion a uni. I spent an entire uni killing lower level DG's and got all of 6 hydors, 10 adv harv's and 8 adv treecut's for my trouble. I hit half a dozen midlevel DG last night and got all of 150 million for my trouble. Maybe two items i could JYSN. There are reasns i keep screaming at Jay to release the DG drop list with DF ranges on it so i can add to wiki.

anilv wrote:
I have no idea where Rendghast's estimates are coming from but I do know that capping Infernos, SBB, and Basils nets you good money

MasterTrader wrote:
Rendghast, you can make 2-3mil per Space Blue Alpha Interceptor, ~1mil per Space Blue Alpha, and multiple millions from capping and selling Monochrome Tints.

TO who? No one buys those things hober, as for the rest of those suggestions, i already covered them. and tried them. and got bupkis to show for it. SOlar prisms might be viable if the artica belt was not so small, but we run into the same problem as Blanko, Auric, and now prom belts generally...If you had 500 people trying to do this, the returns would drop to nothing. All of these ideas are wonderful if you have one single solo player doing them with no competition....but its an MMO, something i seem to be th only person here remembering.

If you had 20 or 50 people trashing artica belt, would solar prisms be a good deal? or 100 people trying to get blanko all at the same time? 30 people in auric sector?

Max235 wrote:
At this point your insults make me want to cap all your bases should you be p2p. But you're not! Hiding behind the f2p status because quite a few people would gladly destroy you for your attitude and insults.

and i would like to thank maxa for pointing out WHY this problem has persisted for so long...because anyone bringing actual issues up had their WS shit destroyed. This is what free speech advocates call a chilling effect, and it generally results in people in leadership positions being totally out of touch with what is going on...as we are currently seeing.

I Would like to again thank NCC, your recommendation is one of the few that has held up to scrutiny.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:39 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Sell that highlighted gear directly to any ai station, thats how you make most of your credits from capping ai. Ai stations will give credits for most gear, heres some additional things worthwhile to sell to ai stations, speedy/spacy cap augs, fine tuned bps are worth 20m each. Good augs ai base for 6m credits, good way to get rid of the tons of good elec augs.

Where are you getting this 1b figure for strontium-90 per 3 weeks when they start at 50 million and go up from there, big green mission rewards 130 million credits. The timer is per rated mission not for any of them.

All of those extractors/hydros are being bought at player stations for at least 300m, you could probalby get more if you actively sold them. And no mention of any commod crates you got while doing those dgs?

Oh blanco is instanced and the solar prisms in arctia are prospected.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:25 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Strontium-90 rewards players a set amount per mission. All the missions combined do not equate to 260m. Even if you factor all the EF Layer capable ones (which is pretty much the first three bases), that is something like 20b per three weeks.

As for your outburst. You asked for information. I gave you information that I could cobble together some noobs to do or do myself as a new player. Instead of saying thank you, Churchill, this is helpful information, you just sat there and insulted me piece by piece. THIS is why people shoot you. There is lots of room in WS Layer for new teams. We could have 5000 new p2ps and still have plenty of room. But if the noobs go and spout off to anyone and everyone...

I don't care if you're a noob training team, if you insult me like that, I'm taking it personally and capping all your galaxies. You and the other DSF members you represent now are very fortunate that you guys are not p2p, as your attitude would have gotten every team pissed off at you.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:31 pm

urzaserra256 wrote:
Sell that highlighted gear directly to any ai station, thats how you make most of your credits from capping ai. Ai stations will give credits for most gear, heres some additional things worthwhile to sell to ai stations, speedy/spacy cap augs, fine tuned bps are worth 20m each. Good augs ai base for 6m credits, good way to get rid of the tons of good elec augs.

Oh blanco is instanced and the solar prisms in arctia are prospected.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Max235 wrote:
I gave you information that I could cobble together some noobs to do or do myself as a new player. Instead of saying thank you, Churchill, this is helpful information,

Because as i pointed out...it was not useful. I am aware of nearly everything you posted, and had already tried using most of it to make money. Pointing out that the information you gave me is not useful is not insulting you maxa, it is point out your info is out of date. Did you know that the AUric sector got a massive nerf? Or that there aren't 29 ICs that can be useful on EF layer becouse the requiset commodities do not exist there? Then why did you suggest these things? When NCC told me something useful, i thanked him, not once but twice.

Max235 wrote:
There is lots of room in WS Layer for new teams. We could have 5000 new p2ps and still have plenty of room. But if the noobs go and spout off to anyone and everyone...

Are we even looking at the same map? There is room for maybe 7 small teams ( a dozen people each tops) in WS right now, after that you will have to start displacing other teams. If you where not willing to split systems when you went up there, why would anyone else be willing to maxa?

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:12 am

All the current normal teams are cherry picking galaxies. I highly doubt you'll put one person (with one or two characters) into one galaxy, especially if they're naturally under equipped to deal with termites. Most of the current teams can condense their space by a factor of two if they had to, but YOU DONT NEED TO HAVE THIS THREE GAL BUFFER BETWEEN TEAMS.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:16 am

Max235 wrote:
All the current normal teams are cherry picking galaxies. I highly doubt you'll put one person (with one or two characters) into one galaxy, especially if they're naturally under equipped to deal with termites. Most of the current teams can condense their space by a factor of two if they had to, but YOU DONT NEED TO HAVE THIS THREE GAL BUFFER BETWEEN TEAMS.

please circle the three gal buffers on this map, ty. Also, even if every team here reduced themselves to a QUARTER of the space they have, you still would not fit more then another couple hundred players in wild space. WE NEED MORE ROOM MAXA, i we want the game to grow.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:20 am

Every single team in the game cherry picks galaxies. You do know what cherry picking means right? It means they take the best picks and overextends all over the place. 90% of all galaxies being used by a team...any team, is not even being used to 50% of its resources. Most galaxies are are up to 25%. Only the truly big prod galaxies get more than 25%.

So for a team like SRX, if SRX truly needed to condense its size, we can go from 65 galaxies...to 20. And we're the biggest team.

You're thinking in terms of "EVERYONE BORDERING US IS OBVIOUSLY OUT TO GET US" and I disagree. If you show weakness and your neighbor senses opportunity to capitalize on said weakness, then you probably have a problem.

To give you a sense of how much space people actually have, my two galaxies have ~90 places for an attached station to go. Minus 20 slots for 20 defense kits, I have enough room for ~70 bases, which translates into 14 building characters. That's 5 fucking accounts of industry characters. Plus an extra two accounts for the defenses. Between Yipper and I, we have 6 accounts. 7 accounts fits into those two galaxies. Yet, between the two of us, we have four galaxies.

And this is a common occurrence. Since we don't actually have to dogpile into those two galaxies, we did not. Yes maybe it feels to you like a tin of sardines, but if you have to, then you must. A team is a coordinated group of people, not a bunch of squabbling selfish cunts that constantly ask what do they get out of it. If your team needs to be condensed, then you condense your team.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:15 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

You're supposed to sell captured gear directly to AI base, not try to pawn it off on players. I can't believe I have to explain this as that is literally the whole point of capturing Infernoes, SBB, and Basils. You get like 10m per Inferno (counting the ship which you can sell at a few special places) and more than that per SBB and Basil. When I was a wee noob I used to make 1b/day on Infernoes, and you can make much more on the higher tech ones.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 am

I also can't believe Rendghast called a developer who was helping him ... a troll. Wow you are stupid and shouldn't be a leader of any team. And on top of that you're a bad player and confuse insults with criticism.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:59 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

millennials huh, never capped an inferno in their snowflake lives! :lol:

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:35 am
Profile WWW

There are ~300 galaxies in WS. The biggest teams can take up 30 each (just to make it realistic) galaxies tightly packed. 30+30+20+20+10+10=~120

So ~180 galaxies left over provided these ~180 are filled with other teams.

The problem with this ideal is that territory control is an organic prospect. Teams will not fall into nice little packages. There will be conflict. Most teams, especially the larger ones, will have a trial by fire as room runs out. Older teams can be swamped by numbers if they don't expand their ranks or defend their borders.

If the game is truly crushed by massive spike in players, WS can be expanded at the end of the universe. Until then, there will be conflict over space. What I think you're worried is that DSF will be crushed (for a 5th time) because you're a pve carebear who cannot fathom fighting back, or your asinine methods of building up a team makes defense ludicrous.

Yep, Urza is not a developer.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:08 am

anilv wrote:
You're supposed to sell captured gear directly to AI base, not try to pawn it off on players. I can't believe I have to explain this as that is literally the whole point of capturing Infernoes, SBB, and Basils. You get like 10m per Inferno (counting the ship which you can sell at a few special places) and more than that per SBB and Basil. When I was a wee noob I used to make 1b/day on Infernoes, and you can make much more on the higher tech ones.

YOu think i am going to torch gear i can vend for three times that price? Are you joking with me? Inferno Energies are the only energy which gives you a speed boost, they are gold for tradebots. Blue Bullets are some fo the best energy weapons for their level, and basil sheaths are one of the only shielded with a damage boost. f i wanted to torch gear i would be hunting Turtles, everything on them burns well and nothing on them is useful for anything else.

And torch Spacy Speedy augs? TORCH SPACY SPEEDY AUGS? Are you kidding with me? I do not even sell those thing to other players they are so rare. That right there is what got the troll call, when someone is telling me to do something so obviously ridiculous, i do not care if it is jeff himself, i am calling troll. It is the kind of suggestion i would normally expect from someone with a thatch full of items they want to hike the price on, so they go around telling everyone to burn them so they get a better deal.
But Urza is dev, so i assume he is simply pulling my leg, not openly trying to manipulate the in game market. Also Urza, SOLAR PRISMS COME FROM ASTROIDS! Test things before you post them please, that was a very annoying hike through artica with a ENIAC scanner.

I love how in an effort to deflect from the problem you have had to resort to personal attacks on my, apparently because you cannot shot me in game to get me to stop. Every argument you have brought, i have gone out, tested, found to be wrong, and come back and told you is wrong, but you, who have obviously tested little to none of this, say i am insulting you for telling you that when tested, your idea is wrong. Because that is exactly how a professional dev team behaves...or gixes problems in a game. The fact that you are more interested in deflecting attention from problems rather then addressing them is something i usually take to mean you have a personal interest in the problem not getting addressed....but again, is a dev, so i will simply assume you are massively out o touch with how EF layer works because it has been neglected so long.

sabre198 wrote:
millennials huh, never capped an inferno in their snowflake lives! :lol:

Thats 100 SBB and SBG yesterday. DO you know where they are going? Into the Armory, because we keep getting new players and they have no money for weapons and gear.

Do you actually thing i would be arguing this long and hard if the problem was simply my own? ANd before anyone even says it, there was a new player running around all yesterday and no one, NO ONE invited him until i did around midnight. You are not taking care of new players, which is why we do not have any. Either you want this game to grow or you do not, but you cannot half ass that.

Last edited by lrellok on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:49 am

If you packrat everything, you will have piss poor income. This game has a market (even if its a one dimensional sell to ai base thing) and if you choose to not use it, then you have no right to complain about low income. I packrat my stuff to later convert into scrap notes as almost all of it is useless to me, and not much use to the lowest members of my team.

Give a man a fish and he'll be fed for a day. *Teach* a man to fish and provided there are fish to catch and you'll keep him fed for the rest of his life. He's going to be sick from all that fish, though.

Basic income is what you should be teaching your members to do. Stuff like galaxy building equipment (base kits, base gear, drones) should be a team effort of pooling resources gained from basic income to propel the team forward.

Since you have not actually taught anyone how to have basic income, everyone looks at you with "What do I get out of it?" when you ask them to part with *all* of their money so you can fund stuff. Alternatively, no one is helping you fund this team stuff and you're complaining that you have to fund a team on all of its projects (which are a team effort anyways) alone. I suggest on the latter to find or make a better team.

On the note of speedy spacy augs, I get them by the bucketfull. They're so useful as scrap notes.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:57 am

Max235 wrote:
Give a man a fish and he'll be fed for a day. *Teach* a man to fish and provided there are fish to catch and you'll keep him fed for the rest of his life. He's going to be sick from all that fish, though.

Basic income is what you should be teaching your members to do. Stuff like galaxy building equipment (base kits, base gear, drones) should be a team effort of pooling resources gained from basic income to propel the team forward.

Since you have not actually taught anyone how to have basic income, everyone looks at you with "What do I get out of it?" when you ask them to part with *all* of their money so you can fund stuff. Alternatively, no one is helping you fund this team stuff and you're complaining that you have to fund a team on all of its projects (which are a team effort anyways) alone.

So why does no one on DSF know this, since you where counci for nearly a year? Or could it be that all these methods don't work?

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next