Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post Re: Expand EF buildable space to include W2
anilv wrote:
Um… you pay for their first SM 20 alt so you can use their slots in exchange. That is like, team leading 101.

You should probably tell that to maxa....not me.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:27 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

lrellok wrote:
anilv wrote:
Um… you pay for their first SM 20 alt so you can use their slots in exchange. That is like, team leading 101.

You should probably tell that to maxa....not me.

Actually, that was the process I did with DSF. Anyone who didn't want to build bases, I would pay for their SM, DD, DR, StR, and ST skills. I would deploy my own kits and transfer to them, gearing and augging them to my standards and or requirements.

This is what I got:

Basher: What do I get for compensation of slots I wouldn't use in the first place?

Parrot: What else do I get for compensation?

Rakknah: I'm doing everything right, why are you criticising my building!? (Tampers with bases, complains when they inevitably runs out of rations, and blames leaders for it)

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Well, that was a fun asside, now back to the original topic.

As i have previously said, Getting STM 16 requires about 2 billion in credits. NOW,

nccintrepid wrote:
Blanco gives you 250m in cash per kill, if you kill off auric sector you normally get 250m+quite a bit of gold you can sell/turn into ICs.

urzaserra256 wrote:
Strontium-90 missions are extremely rewarding for credits, a weekend of doing dgs will get you far, far more then 200 million, if your doing the really low levels dgs you will end up with lots of advanced harvesters/treee cutters/hydros/nu conv 2, also dg bosses drop decent amount of credits, 200 million is about 3-4 more mid level dgs worth of credits alone.

The subpspace mining is for quartz crystals, phased metals, etc. Theres a demand by endgame players for these sometimes for the kalthi skill commods. Also subspace missions are quite rewarding for credits/xp. Each mission rewards like 10-25 million each.

Capping ais is mostly for selling the gear directly to the ai station, iirc infernos are worht about 8m, with gammas bieng worth 15m.

anilv wrote:
I have no idea where Rendghast's estimates are coming from but I do know that capping Infernos, SBB, and Basils nets you good money if you are willing to do it for a few hours a day. If not, you can still DG and do the Blanco uber to make at least 1b per playing session.

ANd From Blue Dwarf
Blue Dwarf wrote:
I gathered the materials and a friend from another team build it for me.
Actually, might not have even been a friend, just an acquaintance.

ANd yet above you say...

anilv wrote:

Why would that be a thing? Why would it have occurred to ANYONE to do that if credits are as plentiful as you say? Because credits ARE NOT as plentiful as you say.

The total construction cost of a Lux suite is 5 billion, assuming you BUY nearly all the materials at market rates. Lets suppose the cost of a Et Suit is half again that, so 25 billion for your last 4 levels in SM and 2 billion for the first...why with your calculations that is barely a months work, not even a full uni is required to get an alt to SM 20. WHy would ANYONE need help with that? Because you CANNOT get 30 billion a month on EF layer and anyone who thinks you can has obviously not tried.

Max235 wrote:
I would pay for their SM, DD, DR, StR, and ST skills.

SO you admit you flat out lied to me when you said the Crests never got made? ANd you think i am going to take your word now....?

Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:23 am

I built Adonis-Achilles Crests for team. I built Luxurious/Entertainment Suites for team, though I charged build price for people who were going to build on their own and not let me manage their shit. Which was mostly Basher because even GETTING him to warp to team space via Transwarp made him resist, kicking and screaming that I was abusing him.

Anyone who needed Crests or Suites simply had to ask. No ask, no assumption that it was needed, and the items went to other people or sat in storage.

Team Leading 101 is that you pool resources to make people better so the entire team can benefit. If you can't have people that follow this methodology, then they don't deserve a place on your team, aka bodies. The entire time I was on DSF that was your policy of recruitment. Anyone who could breathe and didn't have a history already deserved a place on DSF. And so the history of shitty recruits...

Basher, Parrot, Rakknah, dark 1, and a couple others joined through you, and either didn't contribute much if at all, or complained and begged. All the people I or my officers recruited...which wasn't many, contributed beyond their needs and were actually pretty good (with the exception of F.E.A.R, and his galaxy sized ego that dies to random FCs)

Also, I made 50b a month by straight dging on my f2p characters and selling the proceeds. I didn't have bases on the first character until I started making the second. Sold or converted to scrapnotes everything, and used the money to upgrade my characters with the items I needed.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Max235 wrote:
I built Adonis-Achilles Crests for team. I built Luxurious/Entertainment Suites for team, though I charged build price for people who were going to build on their own and not let me manage their shit.

So not only did you lie to me multiple times, you flatly concede my earlier point.

lrellok wrote:
ROFL, that is so funny, you actually think people are going to donate anything to a project they are not going to benefit from...oh wow that's hilarious. No Enk, i have run teams in a dozen games, no one is going to chip a single credit if they are not getting something out of it.

Max235 wrote:
Also, I made 50b a month by straight dging on my f2p characters and selling the proceeds.

Maxa, i was there, watching you scream bloody murder about not being able to afford 2 billion for a Fabulous parts BP. YOu where the one who set up monstrous Buffer proddy from that prom belt because you had no income. Don't try to look all cool now, i will call you out on it and you know that.

Enk, i am still waiting your response here. Either there is enough Income on EF layer that things like STM level should not be an issue or there is not, pick one.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:39 pm

I did what I did and I made 50b that universe before I had any bases down that did anything other than build me my stuff. You can call it what you will, but a "building prod that makes no money" obviously doesn't make money. You're now also a sad little man who keeps recruiting bodies and then gets people like Basher. What did you expect?

I'm not sure how did I lie to you. I didn't sell Crests or Suites for profit, and I didn't sell them to people who was under the team management for slots. And the people I did sell them to were for build cost, only to recoup the losses in order to build another set of whatever. For someone who doesn't have an infinite amount of money or a large soldier pool to tax, I can't literally give away masses of expensive items with no way to replace anything.

The more you were looking like you were going to build on your own and not have anything to do with the team, I treated like you were less part of the team and more someone off the team. If you thought that was unfair, maybe you should have contributed more.

Your armory is a stupid concept. Modded low level gear is nice, but you don't need to have an open base for the express purpose of giving away stuff for free. It is better to simply AI base/sell most of your loot and progress upwards. I noticed 80% of the gear in that base during my stay as councilor was gear Tech 8 and below. You blow through those levels so fast you don't actually need to fine tune your setup. You should be teaching people how to use common tactics for their class, the extra items they may encounter, and general notions on how to set up their ship overall.

That prod base of your was an equally stupid concept. On SRX, we have a public Operator prod for mostly common builds. It's technically someone's personal prod that is used by the team. There is also an Officer prod elsewhere for important builds. However both prods are legitimate prod bases, with raw materials coming in and factories needed to produce the commods required for builds. That prod base was a "Bring your own material Peon prod". Halfway through that universe it was abandoned because 1. bad location, 2. no supplies, and 3. people built whatever and took the resources from other builds. Also, peon rank. Anyone, including 13's alt, could hop on and take it all...not that there was anything to take in the first place.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:02 am
Contributor
Main: USSIowa
Level: 1956

Rendghast whether we are endgame players or not, Singles has or will shortly have SM20 within the course of around a month. We didn't purchase any of the factories, and we haven't gotten any outside help. It really isn't that hard to get SM20. Most of our members prospected for commods so we could get 1 player with SM20(sundog cause he builds the bases), and then we can start working on getting more players, shockingly enough(and singles might hate me for saying this) noone has attacked our t16 kits except 13 poorly once. Despite us having a really good 3 galaxies. Also, credits are very plentiful early game, once we sorted out where to get credits from it was insanely easy to get things leveled up. Honestly if I had known about auric in the first place I wouldn't have been begging for SM creds. Heck Sam has over 100b in a t16 ship.

edit: only sundog and myself(when I steal from him) have sold any ICs to my knowledge.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:34 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

nccintrepid wrote:
Rendghast whether we are endgame players or not, Singles has or will shortly have SM20 within the course of around a month. We didn't purchase any of the factories, and we haven't gotten any outside help. It really isn't that hard to get SM20. Most of our members prospected for commods so we could get 1 player with SM20(sundog cause he builds the bases), and then we can start working on getting more players, shockingly enough(and singles might hate me for saying this) noone has attacked our t16 kits except 13 poorly once. Despite us having a really good 3 galaxies. Also, credits are very plentiful early game, once we sorted out where to get credits from it was insanely easy to get things leveled up. Honestly if I had known about auric in the first place I wouldn't have been begging for SM creds. Heck Sam has over 100b in a t16 ship.

edit: only sundog and myself(when I steal from him) have sold any ICs to my knowledge.

To correct you:
  • We've had SM20 for a bit now, I'm not sure why you think we might not yet have SM20 when we have built pax astros and rosmarinuses. (edit: unless you meant that within a month of starting, Singles will soon have SM20? rather than will soon have SM20 right now)
  • Mkden and I have sold IC's for credits. You and Deceleration helped me sell my IC's (Mkden has his own stuff setup).
  • You challenged 13 to blow up our stuff.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:56 am

Yeah personal money isn't a huge deal whatsoever at the lower level unless you're trying to buy overpriced gear from people trying to gouge price low level items.

Contributing money and resources towards team projects like bases and builds also isn't a huge deal until you start running into T20+ items, like UZ ships. But then the problem probably won't be money so much as the actual resources you should be extracting/prospecting.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:28 pm

nccintrepid wrote:

That would be wonderful except for three things.

1) i have half a dozen members doing exactly what you said and they are getting bupkis.

2) I spent multiple uni's clearing auric for over 1000 JYSC and got bopkis to show for it, i never made any decent money until i started doing colonies. I actually went back to clear AUric again to see if anything had changed, i got next to nothing for drops (barely 20 million) and most of what i got was from credits off the AI (which was about 600 million, but i got told that was unusual).

3) It took DSF two unis to get SM20 after we started looking at wild space. We actually had to be in Wild SPace, extract the resources, then get SM 20.

Oh, and according to AS, 13 has not been on all uni, so that attack was commanded by random team member, which might by why it failed so hard. WHen 13 came after us, he took down 10 ada t20's like they where paper.

Again, i am testing EVERYTHING you are handing me and none of it works like you are saying it does. SO either RNG hates my guts, or this is not happening how you are saying.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:33 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

lrellok wrote:
Oh, and according to AS, 13 has not been on all uni, so that attack was commanded by random team member, which might by why it failed so hard. WHen 13 came after us, he took down 10 ada t20's like they where paper.

This is not true. 13 built in Risa and Forde this universe, and was at least semi-active near the start. Also, the attack in question was a PvB attempt that was stopped when Bob brought his seer or SD over and killed off the attacking characters (NCC didn't exactly give out a memo that he challenged 13).

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:40 pm

SunDog60 wrote:
lrellok wrote:

This is not true. 13 built in Risa and Forde this universe, and was at least semi-active near the start. Also, the attack in question was a PvB attempt that was stopped when Bob brought his seer or SD over and killed off the attacking characters (NCC didn't exactly give out a memo that he challenged 13).

Rendghast is referring to two universes ago, when Curse gave DSF some ada kits and 13 showed up 10 minutes later, outposted, and effortlessly nuked the two kits.

However, Rendghast is neglecting to mention there was no drone defense, no player limited/defense, stations lacked exterminators, overloaders, and it was mostly achilles based aug setups, that 13 had player support in the form of two core dumping gunners, that base targeting code would allow players to operate with impunity because bases would refuse to shoot ships but not refuse to heal ships, you could then RTS bases (wonky, but worked) to focus fire specific players, and he had a SL while DSF did not. Also Sundog helped core dump in the last 10 minutes.

So he picked the absolute worst scenario to use 13 as an example.

As for Rendghast, 1000 Junkyard Scrapnotes is valued in terms of liquidity, between 20 and 35b, which is a pretty substantial injection of cash for team operations on lower end teams.

Took me (and me alone) about a week to cough up material for a new set of Lux Suites and Ent Suites for one character to get SM17-20 when I resubbed my main, not using the stuff accumulated over the years. After that, stuff just started rolling out.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:31 pm
Contributor
Main: USSIowa
Level: 1956

Quote:
2) I spent multiple uni's clearing auric for over 1000 JYSC and got bopkis to show for it, i never made any decent money until i started doing colonies. I actually went back to clear AUric again to see if anything had changed, i got next to nothing for drops (barely 20 million) and most of what i got was from credits off the AI (which was about 600 million, but i got told that was unusual).

The mining ai have been bugged till this or middle of last uni so now there is around 3x the number of ai mining.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:04 am

nccintrepid wrote:
The mining ai have been bugged till this or middle of last uni so now there is around 3x the number of ai mining.

OK, i am now done with the back and forth. I am simply going to do what i should have done from the beginning here.

Starting credits for reference.

After Killing everything in Auric sector

Apparently someone flooded the shop before i got there, which is the problem i tried to explain to you...Credits after selling everything the shop was still willing to buy

Credits after one very busy hour of DGing later

Credits after capping and selling 5 Pretty Boys. 15 million was added in revamping Capbots so that is only a 45 million increase.

The concept that several people seem to be failing to grasp here is that if i am not doing one activity, i am doing another. SO it is not a question of "wanting one really good income source" it is a question of "Wanting ANY good income source". 50 capped ships is a full days work, but it would have gotten me all of half a billion, or a billion a week. DGing would not have gotten much more then that.

I think one of the major problems i have with this entire conversation is that you seem to be expecting your customers to conform their lives to your product. That is not a winning stratagem. Anyone paying attention to the current direction of MMO's should understand that paid sub games are going the way of the Dodo.
https://www.vg247.com/2015/06/29/eve-onlines-player-count-drops-to-lowest-since-2008/

Sub based model in this day and age is difficult to maintain; FTP games are on the rise a lot, you see it with LoL, Dota, Evolve, WoT/WoWs, etc. Some people don't/can't drop 15$/month on this stuff.

This is a consistent theme i have been trying to beat into your heads, so far unsuccessfully. There are VERY GOOD REASON steam is demanding you have a cash shop in game, that is how most games are making their money these days. F2P players buying things like a box of 3 Garg Goblets, or a box of 10 Traginium, or a box of 5 SPace Boomerangs, or a box of 5 bindo, or 32 of one minor aug, or one random aug over tech 15, or one random DG base item, or one random Terraforming Factory (cyborgs, Dall, ect) or 100 combonite. But of rall of that to be viable, EF has to be a playable area in its own right. Which means that you will have to massively expand that layer and make most of it buildable. WHich is what i have been asking you to do over and over...as well as why.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:33 pm

WoT is lol for a free to play game. To get a small number of mid-tier (5 to 8) and one higher tier (9 to 10) tanks, you're probably going to pay 300$/year or 1000$+ upfront + extra per month to actually resupply your vehicle.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next