over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: remove aluminum sheets from jungle BP and reduce resists
It is really hard for me to get exercised about this because it applies only to T19 and down. So what that a few ships are really great for progression up to T19? I just played up to level 750 from scratch on Singles and it was a very enjoyable experience. I did not find myself wishing for greater diversity of ships.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:35 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

My f2p experience (before subbing my p2ps) went Zebucart -> Hotrod -> EFF, level 200 to level 1600. There was no point in me using anything else. I might have used other ships if there was a distinct advantage or playstyle change, but for the most part I looked at other ships and went nope. The vast majority of that nope stemmed from the fact I couldn't upgrade to anything directly. I would have had to spend extra money getting the new ship and replacement augmenters. There's nothing like Death Striker -> Death Obliterator -> Silent Night type of lineage. It's Spearhead, maybe Wingship V, maybe Locution.

The rest of that nope was nothing gave me a useful playstyle advantage over my EFF.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:43 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

anilv wrote:
It is really hard for me to get exercised about this because it applies only to T19 and down. So what that a few ships are really great for progression up to T19?

We are speaking past each other again, my apologies. There is currently a problem with Bauxite, where someone who i will have words with when i find them decided to add bauxite to the Kalthi Skills requirements. Since then the price of Bauxite has gone from 5 million to 65 million, completely precluding any lower level players from building ANY ships requiring Aluminum sheets. As we are about to do a steam release that i am hoping we all want to succeed, new players are going to want jungle ships, and are going to be unhappy when bauxite is at absurd prices because someone was not paying attention when they added it to a late game skill. Hober for some reason brought up the Ship Level items, and thus a compromise proposal was made.

I would hope you can get excited about new players not getting angry at not having access to content?

Maxa, not everyone is you. People have differing play-styles, we have had a few players quite unhappy that they could not access the ships they wanted because of this.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:22 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Personally I think it'd be fair to replace the Bauxite on the aluminum BP with something a little more accessible.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:28 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Replacing it with something else doesn't really make sense, because Bauxite is a component of Aluminum. The best thing to do, IMO, is make The Jungle a source for Bauxite.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:04 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

MasterTrader wrote:
Replacing it with something else doesn't really make sense, because Bauxite is a component of Aluminum. The best thing to do, IMO, is make The Jungle a source for Bauxite.

Asteroid Belt in entry system would be...reasonable. Would also get another decent low level funding option.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:49 pm
over 9000!

MasterTrader wrote:

Make it so.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:59 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

anilv wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Make it so.

Yessir, Captain Enk-Luc Picard.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:32 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

anilv wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Make it so.

Will add Bauxite to the asteroids in Badlands, which is the Tiger Galaxy off of Shere Khan's boss room.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:43 pm
over 9000!

MasterTrader wrote:
anilv wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Make it so.

Will add Bauxite to the asteroids in Badlands, which is the Tiger Galaxy off of Shere Khan's boss room.

Could we also have a one-time mission asking the player to obtain Bauxite from the zone?

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:29 am